• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play Tetris against Utada Hikaru in Japan

UtadaHikaru.JPG

The Abominable Snowman said:
Enter in this contest! If you win, you get to play tetris with a hasbeen, so-so musician with the Tetris skills of a 3rd Grader!

J/K... or am I?

Yes, you must be joking. At the moment she number one on Oricon Weekly Rankings with her latest album ULTRA BLUE. She's very popular indeed. Don't know about her Tetris skills though :)

nfreakct

Shinoobi said:
Is she a Tetris goddess? I remember seeing her once or twice playing it on Hey Hey Hey.

Yea here's some youtube vids.

Surprisingly decent. Far too reliant on creating Tetris with the small-L piece, but she moves quickly and she showed the ability to be creative with the S and Z pieces a little.

Troidal

WHAT THE ****???

I have a lot of the games eligible for entry but you can only enter if you register it starting today???? ****ING RIPOFF!!!!! ****!!!! >:-/

Troidal

Jonnyram said:
You only need to buy one game before the end of July... you only get one entry even if you buy 100 games ;)

No, your second and any other entries are counted automatically once you register the first one....soooo, I could have thrown all those points later :-/

And I just bought a DS game just the other day too. Buuu-rns....

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Just get a life size pillow of her and download Kremlin Dusk (song). Once the songs builds up (if you've listened to the song you'll know what I mean) that will be the point were the Utada pillow is really gettin into it.

Thats what I do atleast

Jonnyram

Troidal said:
No, your second and any other entries are counted automatically once you register the first one....soooo, I could have thrown all those points later :-/

And I just bought a DS game just the other day too. Buuu-rns....
Oh, that sucks.

NotWii

Banned
Shinoobi said:
Is she a Tetris goddess? I remember seeing her once or twice playing it on Hey Hey Hey.

Yea here's some youtube vids.
Hahahaha the guy's reaction at the end of the first round :lol

She's really fast!
I think I'd be pretty even with her. She's very precise in her drops, but otherwise, I think my speed + choices are more sound.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Hahaha awesome!

Hitoshi Matsumoto got bent over, greased up and penetrated by Hikki!

WHERE'S THE IMMORTAL POWERS OF DOWNTOWN NOW!??!?

warthog

damn, she's cute. Especially when she's concentrating on the game. But she's fat now? Can't be that bad, right...?

Troidal

She's slimmed down a bit now with the promoting of her recent 4th album and what not.

Chubby is to Utada when she was in the Nintendogs TV ad here in Japan...>_<

Wow - she's really good! She updated her blog five times yesterday about Tetris..
(1st update to last)
Um, would you remember, that I had talked so happily about the joy of having got Tetris DS last month . . .

Actually I haven't played it yet till now, as I've been running around with my head cut off because of TV or rehearsals or stuff like that and hardly felt like concentrating on the game alone.

D, Do you really love Tetris~~~~~~~

That doesn't surprise me. How rude could I ever be.

Today I'm off, so I'm just being lazy
I thought "Oh, Tetris! Let's do it!" just now, and I finally played Tetris DS!! for the first time!!

As I thought I wouldn't get used to playing with this new model for a short while, I started the standard, marathon mode one from the level 3

*pip pip* *flash* *bump* *tralalala* *flash*

Hm-hum . . . the key touch is light, I can control the pieces fairly well . . . Huh?? So I can see the "NEXT" pieces this much?? That makes me figure out pieces that come far ahead . . . Oh, huh? What's this box named "HOLD" on the left? Ah! Aha! So I can do such a thing?? Is that really fair?? Is that really okay to do? Wooow, I'm in my groove now, things are startin' to heat up here! When the level gets higher and higher, the piece dropped affects the next one a little bit . . . Alright!!! Go for Tetris at this speed! Here goes! Go for it!! Take that!!!

:fanfare:

Huh? The screen is stopped?

"CONGRATULATIONS!!"

Oh, eh?

EEEK! H, Here comes the credits---!

. . . So my play on the standard/marathon mode was over that way, all of a sudden. Seems like I completed the max number of lines to erase.

I checked the menu screen in detail and just found the function to set the mode to Endless! I didn't notice it last time! *squeaks* How frustrating-!

I scored 384916 on the game I just completed, so maybe I could score 400000 at least if I tried more on Endless Mode! Alright let's give it a try!

That's all of my brand-new report on my first-time Tetris DS experience

I Tetris-ed with all my might, turning the Endless Mode setting on!

1st time score:

That's it!

5:44 PM

2006062221124j.jpg

Geez!!!

I tried the game again, just casually thinking "Let's do it again," then it just won't end!!! It won't end and I was almost saying "That's enough"!

My knuckles and elbows started to ache; my eyes tired: I even thought of blowing the game up to end it.

But maybe I could hardly reach this good record again . . . so this time I definitely wanna score as high as possible!!! - I was fired up, determined to push myself as much as possible, and kept going.

It ended just now so I looked at the time - 9 pm??? No kidding!

Just how many hours did this play last?!

I think this is a pretty cool record but also wonder how high score others can get?

My aim is to score 9999999! Ghehe

Maybe it's about time to try the Worldwide match-making option . . .
*grins*

9:12 PM

I forgot to take a detail photo of that pretty cool record!!

The number of LINE went up to 999 and couldn't go any higher; I remember the LEVEL was 200 something. I think it was higher than 220. Aww I can't remember!

I don't play Tetris any more today . . .

9:16 PM

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Hot. Can you **** her after you beat her?

Yes, apparently so! the deal is you get to give her 10 inches if you win....

... which is great for you guys, as most of you will have to **** her 10 times to achieve that goal.

*rolleyes*

Matt_C

DOBERMAN INC said:
to the director of casshern
he's about 14 or so years older than her from what i've heard

What is with these women marrying old dudes. Old as in not in being a certain age but denying your age by hanging out with younger people :lol I know he directed some of her videos but still.

Did she have a hard time looking for boyfriends when she was at Columbia U or what?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
DCharlie said:
Yes, apparently so! the deal is you get to give her 10 inches if you win....

... which is great for you guys, as most of you will have to **** her 10 times to achieve that goal.

*rolleyes*
Boo ****ing hoo.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Boo ****ing hoo.

Don't get upset at me!
i beat her at mario kart, she let me drop a cleveland steamer on her tattees.
that's what happens when you play womens at videogames. FACT.

That Japanese people are calling her a "has been" is stupid considering how popular she was and how much more talented she is than any of the current singers (most annoying of which is the slu**y Christina Aguilera of Japan who gained popularity by singing a freaking Cutey Honey theme song)

But you asianphiles are a pretty sad lot. If the Pussycat Dolls cornered you a room you would probably scream "Nooooooooooo uncleeeeeeaaaaaaaaan need women from my RPG fantasiesss...or sort of!! I'm confused!" and if you actually spend any time with asian women you would probably either run out of money or yearn for the comfort of someone that has more emotion than Spock from Star Trek (generalizing, but work with me here).

CountZeroInt said:
That Japanese people are calling her a "has been" is stupid considering how popular she was and how much more talented she is than any of the current singers (most annoying of which is the slu**y Christina Aguilera of Japan who gained popularity by singing a freaking Cutey Honey theme song)

But you asianphiles are a pretty sad lot. If the Pussycat Dolls cornered you a room you would probably scream "Nooooooooooo uncleeeeeeaaaaaaaaan need women from my RPG fantasiesss...or sort of!! I'm confused!" and if you actually spend any time with asian women you would probably either run out of money or yearn for the comfort of someone that has more emotion than Spock from Star Trek (generalizing, but work with me here).

I'm sorry but i am around asian women and men every day and that is untrue
they are very kind and considerate

but then again so are a lot of western Pals :)

Top Bottom