• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow Awesometon? - Samba De Amgio Wii downloadble songs?

I dunno.. Maybe!!

But this is the first box art with the Pay to Play Logo on it.

230159b.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Welcome to next gen baby. Might have to look into this. Although I already have the DC original.

IzumiK

Banned
Remember that nega(tive)ton that Nintendo whatever conference or something where they said they're adding subscription based infrastructure for the Wii? 8P

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I hope this means Guitar Hero DLC is coming soon...I need that Muse pack.

Mrbob

This is Sega we are talking about. Odds are 5:2 the songs are already on the Wii game disc and you have to pay money to get a key which unlocks them.

batbeg

schuelma said:
I hope this means Guitar Hero DLC is coming soon...I need that Muse pack.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo said that you can only create DLC if there is an option to specifically do it within the game, ie you can't patch it through.

And yeah, wow at Samba De Amiga being the first to do this!

LOcKY

i dont want to worry you guys but.... what if the content is ALREADY on the disc and we have to pay to unlock it?

just look at past games... Virtua Fighter, Phantasy star universe.. worry trend dont you think?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
batbeg said:
I'm pretty sure Nintendo said that you can only create DLC if there is an option to specifically do it within the game, ie you can't patch it through.

I thought Activision said that DLC would be coming to GH3 Wii at some point in 08.

batbeg

schuelma said:
I thought Activision said that DLC would be coming to GH3 Wii at some point in 08.

They did, but wasn't it a while ago? I've given up hope. After all, it would've been cheaper to patch the stereo sound issue, but they opted for a reprint, so... :( I want GH3 DLC too, trust me!

Syringe

This shouldn't be all that shocking to people. After all, Samba de Amigo had downloadable music to Dreamcast for saving on those tiny memory cards. Those were really cool to boot, like Super Sonic Racing, (Angels With) Burning Hearts and O pa-o pa (from Fantazy Zone).

Those were the days...

Jazzem

witness said:
Just unlock SD cards already Nintendo, its just a firmware upgrade!

Wouldn't it already be possible to use the SD card though? Brawl does for photos, I'm sure Samba could for songs provided there was a good DRM in place.

witness said:
Just unlock SD cards already Nintendo, its just a firmware upgrade!

This and make the update do SDHC cards 8GB cards are only $25-30 now. Its beyond laughable that you they haven't made it possible yet.

This is made of win. I've actually been interested in the game for a while, and from what I just read in Nintendo Power that they have pretty much almost nailed the controls on the game compared to their last playtest when they said the controls were wonky. Also if the game has DLC I'm all for it! :D

SRG01

I'm not happy until I get Alvin and the Chipmunks DLC. That game has a great songlist, despite the chipmunk voiceovers.

M3wThr33

Banned
Jazzem said:
Wouldn't it already be possible to use the SD card though? Brawl does for photos, I'm sure Samba could for songs provided there was a good DRM in place.
It doesn't even need GOOD DRM. Simple signing would work.
The big debate about Rock Band was that there's a lot more information stored in a song because of separate audio tracks (and in the case on the Wii/PS2, Videos)

666 said:
So this is like Maraca Hero?

This predates nearly all other music games. Aside from Konami's.

M3wThr33

Banned
666 said:
yeah, I know, but do you jush shake the maracas in time to the music?
In the original, you had a special mat and special maracas. A left and a right. Then you had to shake and pose them at different heights.

This one is similar, but because the Wii can't detect height (Just vertical movement) it's based on how you are tilting the Wiimote.

Also, anyone can make a maraca accessory that would clip onto this.

Axalon

Linkzg said:
songs in Rock Band for the 360 and PS3 are so much larger than anything Samba De Amgio would require. I downloaded a few songs and some were over 30 megs.
I would guess that this would be because the 360 and PS3 versions have their songs supporting proper surround sound, which means more sound channels in the file which equals more space taken up. Wii only supports Dolby PLII, which is basically stereo stretched over more speakers, so I'd imagine they'd be smaller.

skullivan

"After all, Samba de Amigo had downloadable music to Dreamcast for saving on those tiny memory cards. "

Samba de Amigo had songs that were already on the disc which were unlocked by downloading a tiny file that was saved to the memory card. The Wii version will undoubtedly be the same thing, only this time they'll be charging you twice for stuff on the disc you already paid for.

egocrata

Banned
skullivan said:
"After all, Samba de Amigo had downloadable music to Dreamcast for saving on those tiny memory cards. "

Samba de Amigo had songs that were already on the disc which were unlocked by downloading a tiny file that was saved to the memory card. The Wii version will undoubtedly be the same thing, only this time they'll be charging you twice for stuff on the disc you already paid for.

Proof?

Seriously, it is that hard to believe that the Wii can play MP3 from the interwebs?

BuddyC

egocrata said:
Proof?

Seriously, it is that hard to believe that the Wii can play MP3 from the interwebs?
I can vouch for that. DLC for Samba Ver. 2000 was nothing more than a teeny-tiny file that unlocked something on the disc. I think it was somewhere around 32KB.

BuddyC said:
I can vouch for that. DLC for Samba Ver. 2000 was nothing more than a teeny-tiny file that unlocked something on the disc. I think it was somewhere around 32KB.

I can vouch for it as well. All of the downloadable songs for the DC Sambas were already on the disc. All you downloaded was a tiny key file. At least on the DC those songs were free.

Top Bottom