• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom teasing Dragon's Dogma? [Update: Teaser Pictures/Screenshots]

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Solune said:
It very well may be named Breath of Fire, but I don't really see the point to tease it as Dragon's Dogma and potentially get more hype by announcing it as BoF later.

But they're not hyping it as anything. In fact, the only thing being hyped by Capcom is the shadow of a dragon, and a countdown. The only reason we know it is most likely Dragon's Dogma is because they registered a trademark for that. They wouldn't need to register a trademark for Breath of Fire, since they already have that.

Demonscrest_us.jpg

sleepykyo

Sinatar said:
Capcom making another Dungeons & Dragons beat'em up!? Hooray!

It's sad because it (probably) isn't true. :(

They don't even have to make another one. Just have someone (other than Backbone) port Shadows over Mystara over with online play.

Then follow it up with arcade comic beat them up compiliation of Cadilliac & Dinosaurs, Punisher and AvP. :(

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Could this be one of the new IPs that Capcom has been planning for this year, given the interview back with Jun Takeuchi a while ago?

It's not an RPG, it's rather an action game. It's open world & powered by the frostbite engine. You'll fight as a customizable character in a party with KI chars (like that Level 5 ps3 rpg). You can sort of breed them and trade them online (like pokemans) too. There's also loot.
It's looks like Demon's Souls (epic dragons and other monsters), but it's more of an action-adventure, rather than an RPG.
I'm contemplating whether or not to post some pics, but this would be too much of a leak, so fuck it :p

JoeFenix

Phantast2k said:
A wait, my mistake! lol
It's RE5/LP2 engine, MT Framework or something - sorry ;(

Ahhh, well that makes me happy then! I was really weirded out, Frostbite is the DICE engine and I was wondering why the hell Capcom would licence that from EA.

PS3/360 I assume?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Phantast2k said:
It's not an RPG, it's rather an action game. It's open world & powered by the frostbite engine. You'll fight as a customizable character in a party with KI chars (like that Level 5 ps3 rpg). You can sort of breed them and trade them online (like pokemans) too. There's also loot.
It's looks like Demon's Souls (epic dragons and other monsters), but it's more of an action-adventure, rather than an RPG.
I'm contemplating whether or not to post some pics, but this would be too much of a leak, so fuck it :p

HAH! TOO MUCH DREAM FOR A BREATH OF FIRE REBIRTH!!!

...Fuck it, Capcom :(

Xater

Phantast2k said:

Sounds interesting. I hope we get some video footage and not just screenshots.

john tv

Phantast2k said:
$10 says you're from Europe - confirm/deny?

Phantast2k said:

If true, that sounds very very interesting.

Luigiv

Phantast2k said:
Almost sounds like a spiritual successor to Monster Hunter. Could be interesting.

Phantast2k said:

Since when has DICE been licensing the Frostbite Engine to other developers?

Phantast2k said:
A wait, my mistake! lol
It's RE5/LP2 engine, MT Framework or something - sorry ;(

If this is true then it's being developed internally. Unless Capcom has changed their stance about not allowing outside developers use that engine.

Korigama

SolidSnakex said:
If this is true then it's being developed internally. Unless Capcom has changed their stance about not allowing outside developers use that engine.

MvC3 was co-developed by Eighting, yet also used the MT Framework engine.

ezekial45

Banned
Korigama said:
MvC3 was co-developed by Eighting, yet also used the MT Framework engine.
Yes, co-developed. Capcom was still involved. Then again, we're not exactly sure who exactly did what.

Anyway, how'd you gey this info, Phan?

duckroll

ezekial45 said:
Yes, co-developed. Capcom was still involved. Then again, we're not exactly sure who exactly did what.

Anyway, how'd you gey this info, Phan?

Co-developed the same way pretty much all outsourced games are co-developed. Eighting developed MvC3, Capcom designed it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
duckroll said:
Co-developed the same way pretty much all outsourced games are co-developed. Eighting developed MvC3, Capcom designed it.
Well, their Japanese co-developed titles.

For the ones targeting the Western market they throw large parts of the design to the Western studios, since that's kind of the whole point of what they're doing in the first place.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Aw, I'm sad that listing the Frostbite engine was a mistake by the poster. Japanese devs have barely touched on destructible environments since Space Invaders.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
AndriaSang said:
Breath of Fire Director Tweets About Dragon's Dogma
Could Capcom's mystery game really be a new Breath of Fire?
Posted Apr 07, 2011 at 15:24, By Anoop Gantayat

Speculation on the identity of the "DD" teaser site Capcom opened yesterday appears to have centered around a new Breath of Fire game with the subtitle "Dragon's Dogma." The Dragon's Dogma named first appeared in a trademark listing last year.

Here's something that appears to lend some credence to the theory. Breath of Fire V Dragon Quarter director Makoto Ikehara posted a Tweet yesterday in which he appears to complain that even though the teaser site used just the name's initials, everyone figured out the official name from the trademark filing.

Ikehara did not actually say that he was referring to the Capcom site from yesterday, but what else could be be talking about?

It does seem that the new game is indeed "Dragon's Dogma." But the real question is, does it have anything to do with Breath of Fire, or is it just a coincidence that the director of the last Breath of Fire game happens to be Tweeting about it? We should find out on the 12th!
Source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/04/07/breath_of_fire_director_tweet/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom