• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Prince of Persia Wii Interview, Video

dyls

1up Interview

Gamevideos Video

"I've spent a lot of time playing [Prince of Persia] games over the last few years, and Rival Swords for the Wii is by far my favorite," says producer Ben Mattes about his control preference for the series' upcoming Wii debut.
1UP: How will camera control work in the game? Similar to Splinter Cell on Wii?

BM: We investigated a variety of camera systems but the one that is implemented by default will have you tilting the Remote in order to turn the camera left and right, and using the up and down arrows on the D-pad for vertical camera motion. This system integrates very well with the movement system, which will have you controlling the Prince using the analog joystick on the Nunchuck.
Because some people might prefer to control both horizontal and vertical camera motions the same way, we also included the ability to turn off the 'tilt' system, thereby using the d-pad for everything.

Neither of those sound particularly inviting. Why not nunchuk-camera like in Marvel Alliance?

1UP: Will the game content be the same on Wii and PSP?

BM: No. Despite the fact that the titles share the same name, the PSP version (!) features some unique levels and features (such as a multiplayer "race" mode). [There will be no multiplayer features or added content in the Wii version. -ed.]

UMD>DVD confirmed

KTallguy

Banned
I know I'm sounding pessimistic.... but WOW. (at that video).

Talk about tacked on. I couldn't even understand WTF was going on when they were fighting.

dyls

KTallguy said:
I know I'm sounding pessimistic.... but WOW. (at that video).

Talk about tacked on. I couldn't even understand WTF was going on when they were fighting.

I actually thought the video looked okay, but trying to decipher the motion-controlled moveset is impossible. It really is true that you have to play Wii games before you can decide if they're fun. Reviews are even less helpful than normal, and tastes seem to vary wildly as to what works and what doesn't.

eh. ports to psp HAVE to have bonus content on them to get licensed.

sadly Nintendo haven't made such a requirement for ports to Wii that i know of.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
tnsignlanguagefkyou4bh.jpg

get 'em while they're hot

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Wii is getting the same treatment the DS got from western 3rd parties.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Why can't any of these journalists ask "So is there actually any real reason to buy this game?" or "Did you even try this time?"

Edit: Paging Luke?

Avalon

Error2k4 said:
Wii is getting the same treatment the DS got from western 3rd parties.

They are getting the same treatment as the DS in general ('cept for a few third party games that are actual good, such as Trauma Center).

farnham

Banned
Avalon said:
They are getting the same treatment as the DS in general ('cept for a few third party games that are actual good, such as Trauma Center).
well too bad for the third parties cuz they missed out a DS frenzy.. same with the Wii if they take the DS path.. and the japanese sales indicate that it will do as well as the DS..

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Avutta1978 said:
this is why they will never be EA, look at Godfather Black hand edition. EA put alot of thought into that game.
sarcasm right? I cant tell anymore.

I know, Godfather is a port that actually looks to play MUCH better and seem overall more fun than the original. This just looks completely stupid. It was the same remote shake for every action, and there was no connection between how the remote moved and how the Prince attacked. WTF Ubisoft. W.T.F

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
did you all saw the video? the controls seems to be confusing as hell!

Bildi

VicAlpha said:
did you all saw the video? the controls seems to be confusing as hell!

I am willing to accept that the controls might be intuitive but that video sure as hell was not :-\

1UP: Will the game content be the same on Wii and PSP?

BM: No. Despite the fact that the titles share the same name, the PSP version (!) features some unique levels and features (such as a multiplayer "race" mode). [There will be no multiplayer features or added content in the Wii version. -ed.]

Um... wtf is the point of removing features? Am I missing something here? What the hell is wrong with Ubisoft? And is this actually the PSP version, graphically? It looks like the GC version...

Stitch

Gold Member
Surfheart said:
You are right, but some blame should fall on the controller I feel.

eehh, no.

looks like even EA knows how to use the controller properly so its ubisofts goddamn fault.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Surfheart said:

"So Senator, have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

"I can't help it! I have fists!"

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Surfheart said:

yeah, it remains to be seen how many new and interesting game concepts can be drawn out from the possibilities of the wiimote, but it just depresses me seeing lame devs like Ubi shoehorning unimaginative (and downright awkward) controls onto a game that was clearly built from the ground up for a standard controller.

there's something vaguely insulting about Ubi's early lineup for the wii - it's like they think people won't realise how little effort or care they put into making them.

remember that thread about Japanese vs Western games and the camera discussion.

this is exactly why I dislike Free Cameras in western games. It's job training to become a camera man (with poopy controls)

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Ubisoft, just stop making "games" for Wii please. Midway have better output at the moment...MIDWAY

Surfheart said:

holidayjuly19534ph.jpg

Top Bottom