• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart Wii Thread of Official Mario Kart

Shiggy

Metal Gear?! said:
Why does not a single Wii game have wireless LAN play yet? Is it not possible?

It was an option in the G|C06 version of Battalion Wars II, though it's not included in the final version.

[Nintex]

Metal Gear?! said:
Why does not a single Wii game have wireless LAN play yet? Is it not possible?
I wonder that as well, also why didn't they release a first party VGA Cable for the system. The Wii would be perfect for LAN gaming.

Looks like Mario Kart requires an update. No word about it nuking Freeloader, I'll definitely be checking that out when we get it in the shop on Wednesday.

It's out in Germany in many places, my friend have bought it this evening

dsc00035pd2.jpg

Pic is from another forum :D

SPOILERS...Most likely new character confirmed:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u305/hostagedturtle/funky.jpg

ITS FREAKING FUNKY KONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would there be a stadium without the character?

Most Likely confirmed! w00t!

I want all the other characters already!

Also this reconfirms that my guess roster is right or close to it:

Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Bowser jr.

Toad, Toadette, Koopa, Dry Bones

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy

Yoshi, Birdo, Diddy, Rosalina

Wario, Waluigi, DK, Funky Kong

King Boo, Bowser, Petey, R.O.B.

^^Above is my guess roster I made, when King Boo was confirmed and I got the roster's layout. Every character is connected with another one...of course I could be wrong so who knows?

OK above these charaters are not confirmed: Bowser jr, Birdo,Petey,R.O.B.,Dry Bones. all other characters are confirmed to be in.

So that means theres 5 more secret characters...

phalestine

aka iby.h
fernoca said:
Nice..just like I thought..(hoped) an actual game case, not a sleeve!! :)

whoa,I didnt even think about it. but Yeah I am on you with that one, thank god they give you an actual case.

lopaz

Banned
Chibbi Brady said:
Looks like Mario Kart requires an update. No word about it nuking Freeloader, I'll definitely be checking that out when we get it in the shop on Wednesday.

Yeah, please post your findings (you were probably going to anyway), it'd be a huge help to us freeloader folks

jts

...hate me...
Lol how could you expect less, you're buying the freaking game and it comes with a wheel, not the opposite (Zapper).

That shit be tight. So here in the states do we get Mario Kart Wii on Sunday or is that the ship date? It seems odd that they'll releasing it on a Sunday like Brawl.

Milabrega

evilromero said:
It seems odd that they'll releasing it on a Sunday like Brawl.

Most major retailers have been holding their Wii shipments until Sunday to coincide with their weekly ad circulars.

painey

I found it strange the TV adverts all have people playing with Wiimote and Nunchuck rather than using the Wii Wheel.

jts

...hate me...
painey said:
I found it strange the TV adverts all have people playing with Wiimote and Nunchuck rather than using the Wii Wheel.
:lol NoJ am sad.

One funny thing in "Iwata Asks" about MK Wii was that, after all the Kenichiro Ashida's work in Japan to develop a nice wheel for the game, going through 30 prototypes, Nintendo of Japan finally sent it to NoA and first email they got back was saying "HEY GUYZ CAN I PLAY WITH GAMCUBE CONTROLLER" lulz

So there.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
I don't think there's any reason to be paranoid about lag, the only game that's ever been a problem with was Brawl, for its own reasons. Even MKDS worked fine once you got in a game.

Jammy

Banned
The unlockable characters seem great. There's some nice surprises in there.

This series has really changed a lot more than people think in the past few years.

Rlan

I hope
Funky Kong has his fucking rediculous voice from Jungle Climber.

HEY MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIEEENNNNNNNNN

22 of the 24 characters (NOt inluding Miis) Have been revealled:

Dry Bones
Dry Bones Bowser
Funky Kong
King Boo
Rosalina
Plus the other hidden characters weve known for awhile

Surce for new unlockables: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/0803/poke50uk/

The user plans to post the other 2 characters as soon as he can...I cant wait to find out who the last two are!!

DRY BONES I BACK HECK YEA!!!

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Baby characters are so awful, what were they thinking :(

However the addition of
Funky Kong and Rosalina
is pretty awesome.
Undead Bowser
seems like such a strange choice, but he looks pretty badass...

However I just hate when characters that technically couldn't exist at the same time are all racing eachother :(

Sindou_Hikaru20 said:
I'll check it out in a few hours, thanks. Now I'm going crazy and I hope they have it TODAY already ;)

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
You know who would have been so f'in awesome in this game (instead of a bunch of baby characters)?

KAMEK!!!!! Especially since he was originally planned to be in Mario Kart 64 :p

Sindou_Hikaru20 said:

Pic is from another forum :D
Uhh, nice. Where did they get it? I might check some stores out this evening.

Ariexv

Instead of just throwing in a Baby version of half the characters in the game I wish Mario Kart would just pull a Smash Bros and throw in all the different Nintendo characters.

pulga

Banned
I don't fucking care how many baby characters the game has, I'm just happy
Dry Bones
is in!

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
It'll probably be Birdo.

But Kamek deserves it. He's been waiting for this since he got robbed in MK64.

Rlan

The only character without a counterpart is
King Boo

Therefore it's SURELY
God damn Petey Piranha

Why did they go for
Bone Bowser?
? Wouldn't
WART WART WART
be a better fit as a heavy?

Edit: Actually Yoshi hasn't got his own counterpart has he?

King Boo riding a motorcycle down what looks almost identical texture-wise to Double Dash's Rainbow Road pretty much confirms to me that Nintendo has really just tossed out whatever they could cook up.

I think I'll pass.

pulga

Banned
No Means Nomad said:
King Boo riding a motorcycle down what looks almost identical texture-wise to Double Dash's Rainbow Road pretty much confirms to me that Nintendo has really just tossed out whatever they could cook up.

I think I'll pass.

can it is it time for the reggienotmyproblem picture?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Oh nice a real case, but didn't EU get a real case for Wii Sports? I'm predicting a sleeve for us Americans.

E-phonk

Banned
played it in a store, my god if this isn't the worst lens flare abusing game released in the last five years.. It's like the programmers just discovered the effect and wanted to show it off.

Jiggy

You know, I like
Daisy
quite a lot. But
Baby Daisy
is just getting to the point of absurdity. :/ (As if
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
, and
Baby Peach
weren't already, of course. If they really had to scrape the bottom of the barrel that much, why not just unofficially turn the series into Nintendo Kart and be done with it? They already brought in
Funky Kong
and
Diddy Kong
. Just put in Link and Zelda, or whatever. I doubt anybody would complain, and they'd be a lot better than the babies. :/

Edit: Oh hey, beaten by miles to the same idea by Ariexv.

Top Bottom