• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzi

I finished Dark Souls 3, and now I'm playing Twilight Princess HD.
I didn't think Dark Souls 3 was very good.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
It's not like any of us have played videogames to talk about.

I still don't even have a Wii U let alone a Xbone or PS4.0, just playing 3DS and the occasional new C64 game.

Reminder for BrisGAF: Free Comic Book Day is May 7, I'll be at Secret Identity giving out comics and sketches and hi-fives!
Whereabouts is that out of curiosity. I'll be in brisvegas that weekend. Idk if I could get my bro or fengshuifever to drive me though lol.

Dryk

That one's on my list too, I loved Remember Me. Are you enjoying it?
I never played Remember Me but I am very much enjoying Life is Strange. You'll actually be able to tell pretty easily whether or not you'll enjoy it by watching the intro.

The dialogue is hella jank at times but that's what happens when adult French people try to write for middle American teenagers I guess.

Nah, the jam is non canonical. Definitely better with it though.

wrap it up. we're done here. it was a nice run we had, but nope.

game? Quantum Break: I finished it over the weekend and really, really enjoyed it. I did find that the FMV stuff grated on me, since it has a mostly different cast telliing an almost parallel story (ie cheaper unknowns) with only a few shots of the main cast interspersed. I stopped watching around the third one.
The game itself was great. It's not really a plain shooter more Uncharted platforming combined with Force Unleashed style powers and Alan Wake puzzle shooting (combining the powers with the shooting- you can't get very far with shooting alone). The story is a bit silly but the in-game storytelling is nicely done. there's even one 'feel' at the very end
the woman who gets sent back in the past for 10 years and then dies is seen alive in one time travel moment and you can see a lovely bit of mocapped acting when Jack thinks about saving her but decides he shouldn't. Its done with a look and it works
. Aidan Gillan is totally wooden, though.

I tried to play Elite Dangerous and got about 1/2 way through the first tute shooting barrels before quitting and starting a replay of Portal 2.

OMG that game has yet to be REKT for gameplay and LOLZ IMHO.

jambo

I replayed Portal 2 recently and it is still astoundingly good.

Can't wait for a new Valve game so we can get more of that great writing and world building.

Jintor

that's what i find sad about probably not getting a vive for years and years. I'll never get to hear all that The Lab dialogue.

Quasar

that's what i find sad about probably not getting a vive for years and years. I'll never get to hear all that The Lab dialogue.

Maybe it will get streamed/youtubed.

But yeah...unless I win some kind of lottery it will probably be a second gen headset that I buy.

you could try the other two films he directed around the same time - ninja scroll and Demon City Shinjuku , there are many other good films out there that are nothing like those mentioned but fill all other requirements, eg summer wars

also Wonderful_Days or sky blue depending on what cut and dub of the film you are watching is a really good Korean film directed all the way back in 2003 that rivals films from 2013/14 in the animation department just a shame we didn't get more from that director before he passed away

Ninja Scroll got me into anime before I knew it was anime. I think I know of demon city, it might've been an ad on sbs before or after ninja scroll. I'll have to check out the rest of the names you mentioned

Cerity

I finished Dark Souls 3, and now I'm playing Twilight Princess HD.
I didn't think Dark Souls 3 was very good.

I don't know about it not being very good but I do think it is far too similar when compared to the other games. Felt like I've been through all these exact same environments before.

I've been playing Tree of Saviour instead lately, I've been looking for an mmo fix and this seems to do it pretty well.

Also hooray for more (cheap) boardgames, I picked up tash-kalar, Elysium and Pathfinder Rise of the runelords base set for about $30 ea and they finally arrived today.

If a lamington needs jam then it's a failure. If you want to cut it in half and add jam, like with a Victoria sponge, then have at it.

Deeku

I had a fancy lamington at fancy Bennelong last year and it had fancy jam in it. It was pretty fancy great!

Spinifex

I never played Remember Me but I am very much enjoying Life is Strange. You'll actually be able to tell pretty easily whether or not you'll enjoy it by watching the intro.

The dialogue is hella jank at times but that's what happens when adult French people try to write for middle American teenagers I guess.

It's my game of the forever. Just as a narrative experience, it is peerless in gaming. I love Telltale games (particularly Tales of the Borderlands) but it leaves Telltale for dead.

IMO the old (dunno about the new) biscuits are as bland as you can get and there was never enough flavour on them. Haven't bought them for years now.

Very true, the flavouring has been way too small for a few years too. Someone said previously that they redid them a few years back which I can agree with. 2005ish was the GOAT year for Shapes I think.

I'm working my way through Life is Strange but I've been really busy with social stuff on weeknights

$15 on PS4 right now!

I kinda wana get the new ratchet game
It's pretty damn great! Best local prices are listed here.

Can't wait for a new Valve game so we can get more of that great writing and world building.

nFbjfSb.gif

Rizzi

I don't know about it not being very good but I do think it is far too similar when compared to the other games. Felt like I've been through all these exact same environments before.

I've been playing Tree of Saviour instead lately, I've been looking for an mmo fix and this seems to do it pretty well.

Also hooray for more (cheap) boardgames, I picked up tash-kalar, Elysium and Pathfinder Rise of the runelords base set for about $30 ea and they finally arrived today.

That is why I didn't think it was very good. I've played the shit out of Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne. I want new ideas, not just rehashes of old ones.

Dryk

It's my game of the forever. Just as a narrative experience, it is peerless in gaming. I love Telltale games (particularly Tales of the Borderlands) but it leaves Telltale for dead.
Even gameplay-wise, the ability to fully explore the dialogue trees is amazing. Chloe's goofy smile and general thickness grates on me though.

Quasar

I did really love it and enjoy more than most Telltale games. Part of was the whole teen drama aspect, that made it feel more grounded and different than any Telltale thing. Probably helps that I've watched way too much teen drama, both in live action and anime.

Stackboy

The new quiz should be:

Do you like jam in lamingtons?
How do you feel about the new Shapes?
Do you play video games anymore?
How stuffed is this country?

MoonGred

Is it me or is buying a tv a nightmarish task, a million different model with seemingly very little differences, and no reviews to speak off because each country has a different model number.

Does anyone have any recommendations?
I'd like:
60-65"
+-$2500

Quasar

Is it me or is buying a tv a nightmarish task, a million different model with seemingly very little differences, and no reviews to speak off because each country has a different model number.

Does anyone have any recommendations?
I'd like:
60-65"
+-$2500

I'd kind of be waiting as I'm unsure how the hdr format wars is going. Well unless you buy a tv with both formats.

Pretty bummed we still cant buy vizio tvs.

Doesnt Australia still basically just get uk models?

MoonGred

I'd kind of be waiting as I'm unsure how the hdr format wars is going. Well unless you buy a tv with both formats.

Pretty bummed we still cant buy vizio tvs.

Doesnt Australia still basically just get uk models?

I wasn't even aware that there are different hdr formats.

Quasar

I wasn't even aware that there are different hdr formats.

Yeah. Theres a generic base format called HDR10 and theres Dolby Vision. From what I understand some tvs support one and not the other and content I guess will be the same. Curious to see how it shakes out. With content on BD DTS-HD MA seems to have beaten TrueHD....so maybe Dolby will lose out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom