• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Wii U version thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made the Wii U Batman Arkham Origins thread mainly due to the developer news, but there's no AC4 Wii U thread, so I thought hey, if the Batman thread served it's purpose, why not do one for AC4 since no one else did?

iRJz8u4gvsxqb.jpg

12 minute Wii U gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf8kLqUfzCc

Wii U review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5hOYNEQVAA

I'll post some official browser screens courtesy of Wii U version owners:

Here are few of Assassin's Creed 4. Just turned on the game.

2EnvXVG.jpg

otC3Q0l.jpg

yRSjhk3.jpg

R9UFScr.jpg

More Assassin's Creed

7lY2nCtzjGR7

OtwsPtugr8uf

Hycq6AsrlA8w

cghL9AYFU6yS

u3LAobt4g6vI

zqFhnpqZHsKY

hypIm3ML3b9P

And I want to note, if you've seen this video of the comparison between the Wii U version and 360 version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk9lto1l5WQ

The framerate and lag is NOT THE GAME, everyone's reported there is no such lag and issues, and I believe the uploader in the comments confirmed it's the video capture, NOT THE GAME ITSELF!!!

If anyone would be so kind to provide a comparison summary between the other versions, it will be added here. :)

Frillen

I would've bought this version if it wasn't for the fact that it got delayed in Europe, so I bought the 360 version instead.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
You did well, Op. With just one or two reviews for Wii U and no DF comparison, this forum is actually one of the few sources of information for the Wii U version of the game. I hope we will get better video and more screenshots.. Makes the wait for the European version easier.

tipoo

Banned
I'll be interested in seeing if the framerates have improved, 3 on the U was hitting 20, 22, 24 quite a bit in scenes the PS360 were fine in

Xellos

Want to say that Ubi did a great job with the sea in this game. Sailing through a storm is intense!

I'll be interested in seeing if the framerates have improved, 3 on the U was hitting 20, 22, 24 quite a bit in scenes the PS360 were fine in

Framerate seems a bit better than the AC3 port but still goes to the mid-20's when running around the first city (Havana) and bottoms out around 20 during heavy action.

*edit* Progressed a bit further and framerate seems to hold pretty well at 30fps out at sea and near 30fps the second town
Nassau
. The game is a lot of fun at this point. Really enjoying the sailing and the pirate themes.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Gamepad map: (taken from one of those vids)

blackflag_wiiu_padn9qsk.gif

Looks good. I'm probably going to pick this up on the Wii U over the Xbox 360 version.

I enjoyed having the map on the screen for ACIII, and I was wondering how much you could zoom in and out. Seems like an improvement, though I still wish Ubisoft did more with the GamePad. I'll take it though.

BigDug13

Since the Wii-U doesn't have an online pass, does it have all that content that is locked away on the pass like that fleet of ships feature?

Thanks for this thread. I'm getting the Wii U version so it's nice to see some footage and some impressions.

I hope someone does the same for Ghosts.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Would totally buy this if I weren't getting a ps4. Wii U is finally getting some good ports. They still need to get Lego Marvel on the eshop. Grr.

lol you didn't think to stop and check that out while you were there?

I did, but there was no mention about its contents. Splinter Cell Blacklist Wii U also had a special (forget the name) edition. I looked at the regular edition, ZERO difference on the back.

Edit: SCB Wii U Special Edition:

iiLLqSfc9HuX1.jpg

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/t...versarial-multiplayer-thread.453280301/page-5

Uploader said this one just came with DLC?

Weird as AC4 Wii U apparently has no DLC? Maybe they'll add it later, it took them awhile to put out AC3's DLC apparently.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So, Wii U version is good? Nice.
What happened last year though? Where almost every third party port was horribly gimped?

So, Wii U version is good? Nice.
What happened last year though? Where almost every third party port was horribly gimped?

Pre-launch specs, you may not have been around, but there were hints that Wii U between 2011-2012 was going through a lot of iterations of dev kits and alterations of specs, each larger than the last. It's likely they weren't able to be properly prepared.

Also potential for rushing for launch.

Hope it dosent have the same framerate issue as the PS3 version I played today. It was annoying...the framerate was going down as soon then more then 3 people were on the screen at once. But what was the worst part were the loading times. It took 8 (!!) minutes till we could start the game. So...what about these two things in the Wii U version? I bought AC 3 on the Wii U and would consider to buy this one if it is any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom