• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886: New screenshot found on SSM website!

This is new, too.

image-0567a0a0-b9ff-4067-8044-0a3adb608625.jpg

oh-my-god.gif

RAD remind me of a wrestler who's been on the lower mid-card for ages and impressed, then been given a push and a title shot at Wrestlemania with a lot of hype

Pls don't disappoint

MilkBeard

I kinda know where you are coming from but I think that its hard to say how it will play since we haven't seen anything yet. I'm gonna take the wait and see approach before judging. But I hope its not just a Gears clone

Yeah it's true, and it's hard not to jump to that conclusion. I really like the premise but all I keep seeing is lots of straghtforward gunplay and cover mechanics. I really hope the game amounts to more than that.

I'm gonna keep an open mind, or rather, I want to. As long as it's fun, that's what matters most. The atmosphere of the game looks good anyway.

T.O.P

Banned
This is one of the most interesting next gen title for me
The atmosphere is absolutely insane from what i've seen so far, love it

If there's a game that will trigger a Ps4 purchase, this is the one

This game will and is the reason I will be buying a PS4, LOVIN the pics and new info! Thx guys!

In the meantime, back to Killer Instinct! :D

But Santa Monica is helping right, like they did with Journey? If that's the case that's good enough for me.

I don't think that they're involved on the project in a way where what they do will make or break it. It's really RAD's game. Whether or not it's great or bad is all on them. They deserve all the credit no matter how things go.

Loudninja

I don't think that they're involved on the project in a way where what they do will make or break it. It's really RAD's game. Whether or not it's great or bad is all on them. They deserve all the credit no matter how things go.
Yeah they are just helping with it,not making it.

IvorB

Yeah they are just helping with it,not making it.

That's cool. I am just hoping they are advising on the technical aspect of the game. They do have some involvement with it from what we can see.

DemonNite

RAD are doing some amazing things in their engine. Visually, and technically, it will wow you guys when you all see it in action, in real time gameplay.

GlamFM

Banned
While I absolutely do not buy that these are "screenshots" they still get me excited.

Probably my most anticipated new IP.

Ricky_R

That's cool. I am just hoping they are advising on the technical aspect of the game. They do have some involvement with it from what we can see.

SSM is probably contributing with advice and sharing some tech tips, as well as helping in anything RAD actually needs help with, but I'm pretty certain that their major roll is to provide support with its name and pedigree. Sony understands that people like security or some kind of "guarantee" and they probably didn't want to send RAD out there alone without someone behind them that most gamers know and trust.

They could've been working together without us knowing, but Sony wants us to know, evidently. I just hope that, if the game is great, gamers recognize RAD as the ones who actually did most, if not all of the work.

RAD are doing some amazing things in their engine. Visually, and technically, it will wow you guys when you all see it in action, in real time gameplay.

You know what? You should get a tag that reads: Maximum Teaser (Btw, I said that in my mind with the same voice as the games)

Ishan

production aspects iirc ... but dont worry rad is very sound technically .. ex nd employees ... strong ties with sony first party ssm etc . Def will be high on the sony acquire now list ... hopefully it ends up happening.

If this is all in game, then wow! Still not too happy about the borders as I don't think it belongs to videogames at all - it hampered the experience for Dragon's Dogma imo.

Ishan

If this is all in game, then wow! Still not too happy about the borders as I don't think it belongs to videogames at all - it hampered the experience for Dragon's Dogma imo.

supposedly all ingame and these are old scans/videos in the current state it surpasses this.

kyser73

*shakes fist*

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST YOU DO THIS THING!??!

supposedly all ingame and these are old scans/videos in the current state it surpasses this.

Not too surprised at the machine is a beast - just hope it starts a solid new IP for Sony and there are some new gameplay elements too.

Looking like a very strong few years for Sony's machine and things will only get better once the big guns from the 3rd party devs come out with the obviously superior versions on Sony's beast.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I highly doubt that.
I need full engine demonstration with them tweaking stuff on the fly.

GeoramA

It was looking pretty damn good in November too.

eJ4rMGR.png

Sucks that it's going to be February in a few days and we still haven't seen dick.

Amir0x

Banned
At this point there is so much shit they gotta show at E3 I hope Sony realizes it's too much and finds a way to show some things off before then, at GDC and whatnot. I honestly can't believe how long they're willing to let the gap go between showing anything more about the games already announced or the games surely coming in the future. It's not really good strategy to wait eight months between such things, so I hope they continue to be as smart as they have been and start the trickle sooner rather than later.

At this point there is so much shit they gotta show at E3 I hope Sony realizes it's too much and finds a way to show some things off before then, at GDC and whatnot.
True. It's almost February and we haven't seen anything from this game and the last time we saw something was last year (June I think?).

They need to show something or the hype will go down.

Amir0x

Banned
True. It's almost February and we haven't seen anything from this game and the last time we saw something was last year (June I think?).

They need to show something or the hype will go down.

I mean there's actually so much they have to show. We need a huge re-unveiling of DriveClub, for example. They need to show off more of what inFamous is doing if they expect the hype to build. They need to show off what the Order is really going to play like, if it's going to be released by the Fall. And that's just the major shit they have announced, I obviously don't expect to see Uncharted since it's not coming this year.

But all the unannounced shit they have that they were strategically withholding because they realized how much of an advantage they already have over Microsoft? Well, they gotta spread that shit out. I hope they are smart and don't just wait for the major trade shows, because the back up of announcements is real now.

Top Bottom