• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 will support amiibo on Switch

https://store.nintendo.co.jp/item/HAC_P_AB38A.html

No details on what amiibo are supported or what they'll do... so speculation time!

dFMuRsb.png

I wonder if WWE 2K18 will also have amiibo support then? I'm thinking it will just be bonus VC that you can do daily, like materials/food with non-Zelda amiibos in BoTW.

Branduil

Absolutely disgusting that Bowser is abandoning the Koopas and joining the Mushroom Kingdom just so he can finally get a W. Have some pride in yourself, man.

TheMoon

Sound effects. 1-Up sound whenever you score. Waluigi "NGHAAAA" whenever you block.

8bit nintendo jingles as the stadium music cues

edit: amiibo voltron - tap amiibo of character voiced by Charles Martinet and the announcer becomes him in the style of that character! :D (way too elaborate but I love the dumb idea)

I want you to be able to create your own Nintendo team. If you have 5 Mario Amiibo you can scan them in and create a Nintendo roster of players.

I'll even take Waluigi as a referee making bogus calls and telling players to suck it while he throws them out of the game.

oti

Banned
I bet it's something stupid like "save your favourite player on an amiibo and take that to a friend to play.

Is there a story mode in this game? That would fit. Take your character anywhere.

ctfg23

It's probably going to be character themed jerseys or shoes or something.

It would be awesome if they actually put playable characters in the game though.

TheMoon

realistically, they're not creating animated characters for every even just Mario-line amiibo. it's fun to joke about but it's not happening. you'll get clothes and stuff.

I want you to be able to create your own Nintendo team. If you have 5 Mario Amiibo you can scan them in and create a Nintendo roster of players.

everyone is Mario tho

TheMoon

Yeah, this instantly made me think of NBA Street V3 on GameCube.

Seems that 2K is actually putting some effort into this version of the game so that's cool.

you're not getting characters.

2k sees no money from amiibo, why would they waste so many resources on player characters. it's completely unrealistic.

Bgamer90

Banned
you're not getting characters.

2k sees no money from amiibo, why would they waste so many resources on player characters. it's completely unrealistic.

I'm not expecting full characters. It simply reminds me of NBA Street V3 due to this seemingly being a cross over of Nintendo and NBA in some way. I'm expecting jerseys and/or shoes.

krumble

Nekketsu Kõha;245527120 said:
Might even get me interested in a basketball game.

To entice Nintendo fans to buy it on a Nintendo console perhaps.

Honestly - not a sports game fan, but have 99% of all amiibo released so far - and this would incentivise me to buy if the benefits were cool

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just give me this again:

giphy.gif

newsguy

How cool would it be if you could put a can of black spray paint on your Switch and Lebron would get a fresh tape in game??

LebronHair.jpg

Top Bottom