• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What are you trying to say?

I wonder how reactionary this ND is. Was this something that was planned for January all along, or did they bump it up from February or March due to significant decreased sales to help generate additional buzz and excitement?

Nintendo usually does a ND every month and when they couldn't in December they specifically called attention to it. In fact, just two days ago I was wondering when they'd announce this month's.

It seems like they just fall out of the sky because they only announce them a day ahead of time, before there was a couple days (up to a week sometimes) lead-in.

So do you think Nintendo is not going to announce something new for Q1/Q2/Q3 2013?

I don't think they'll wait until E3, besides they're going to issue their yearly report by the end of January, aren't they?

I reckon investors are waiting to have some positive news as regards Wii U's profitablity in the future, so it would be a perect time to drop a couple bombs.

Well, all the promised launch window games are now Q2, so there goes that. Q3 is summer, so that doesn't really have to be jampacked. But yeah, they need something especially for the investor meeting. Though last year it basically boiled down to ,,Well, we're making some new 2D Mario, wait for footage later''. In one of the last JP Directs, Monolith has been teased, so hopefully that could lead to something tomorrow. But recent actions for the WiiU made me cautious.

zroid

Banned
Wii U Ambassadors for early adopters - 50€ Credit to spend on eshop

YesJackNicholson.gif

22.5 hours to go until FOLDERTON 2013!

Predicting:

-Acid Ghost
-Diddy Kong Racing U
-Yoshi's Land
-F-Zero GUX
-Dillion's Rolling Western U
-Wind Waker, Mother on the VC
-Vitality Sensor integration with Panorama View

• Price drop
  • Wii U Ambassadors for early adopters - 50€ Credit to spend on eshop
  • Wii U Vitality Sensor
  • Wii U Gamepad Plus Battery Pack
  • Second Wii U Gamepad available for buying
  • Shenmue Duology HD exclusive
Price drop after 1/2 month on sale? Come on now. Even the 3DS wasn't this early.

The possibilities! New Wii U games! Can't handle the hype. Will we finally hear about the other unannounced Wii U games in the launch window Reggie mentioned before? Personally I hope they save the later in the year, bigger stuff for reveal at E3, and use this for something along the lines of Yoshi's Land for Summer release, etc.

"As a service, we have stopped the disc spinning whilst it's not being used".

"Get ready to get fit in 2013 with Yoshi's Land of fitness! An all new adventure as you jump up and down to move Yoshi!"

You guys aren't hyped enough! We should be expecting:

Yoshi's Island Wii U
Yoshi's Island 3DS
Yoshi's Island Wii
Yoshi's Island The Movie
Yoshi's Island action figures
Yoshi's Island Neogaf

tsab

It makes me sad that Sunshine is impossible to pull off on the Wii U due to the lack of analog triggers. I really want to give that game another shot.

I am certain they could figure out a better control scheme for the gamepad if they were forced to

beje

Banned
Best part is that taking into account we have absolutely no clue about Nintendo first party games beyond March aside for Pikmin 3, they will deliver no matter what do they show. At this point, they would really have to go out of their way to have a failed ND.

Wiz

Yoshi's Island Wii U
Yoshi's Island 3DS
Yoshi's Island Wii
Yoshi's Island The Movie
Yoshi's Island Neogaf

You forgot Yoshi's Island The Movie: The Game. ;)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Yoshi's Island Wii U
Yoshi's Island 3DS
Yoshi's Island Wii
Yoshi's Island The Movie
Yoshi's Island Neogaf

I'm surprised there's not GAF-themed Yoshi egg/Yoshi color

skypunch

Banned
Best part is that taking into account we have absolutely no clue about Nintendo first party games beyond March aside for Pikmin 3, they will deliver no matter what do they show. At this point, they would really have to go out of their way to have a failed ND.

Good shout.

ASIS

It makes me sad that Sunshine is impossible to pull off on the Wii U due to the lack of analog triggers. I really want to give that game another shot.
?? Clickable sticks, one more shoulder button, touch screen, etc. are all features they could use to replicate that.

I actually hope for a Wiimote version.

Kacho

Gold Member

Yep. I'm sure we'll see something great being announced tomorrow. First and/or third party.

Yawnier

Banned
This may or may not be the conference that gets me to buy a Wii U later on in the year.

Yoshi's Island Wii U would be glorious!

mclem

Please announce that games will no longer be locked to the console.

Unlikely that that's something that'd be announced in a Direct, it directly affects too few people. I'm not saying it's insignificant - it's really something that should be fixed! - but it's not really useful information except to a minority.

Unlikely that that's something that'd be announced in a Direct, it directly affects too few people. I'm not saying it's insignificant - it's really something that should be fixed! - but it's not really useful information except to a minority.

Remember plastic beads being poured into clear bins?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm curious how GC VC will be possible, since many GC games weren't shy about using the analog triggers and the GamePad/Protroller doesn't have them.

?? Clickable sticks, one more shoulder button, touch screen, etc. are all features they could use to replicate that.

I actually hope for a Wiimote version.

I don't see how any of those could control the water like analog triggers can. Anyway, I shouldn't have said that it's impossible as they can probably get it to work even if it isn't as smooth as with triggers. I just hope that the re-release is through an HD remaster instead of a simple port.

Celine

• Price drop
    [*]Wii U Ambassadors for early adopters - 50€ Credit to spend on eshop
  • Wii U Vitality Sensor
  • Wii U Gamepad Plus Battery Pack
  • Second Wii U Gamepad available for buying
  • Shenmue Duology HD exclusive
I wish
since I've bought mine for 50 euro less.

Jarlaxle

I don't think there will be much. Probably just release dates for Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, etc.

We might see a trailer for Bayonetta 2. I highly doubt any big game reveals. Maybe some more ports.

I think they have to and should be saving most everything they have for E3.

Neiteio

Surprised there's no hype for details on The Wonderful 101. Everyone's all "Bayonetta 2! Bayonetta 2!" but Kamiya himself is directing TW101. It looks great, yet we barely know anything beyond one level of the game.

Surprised there's no hype for details on The Wonderful 101. Everyone's all "Bayonetta 2! Bayonetta 2!" but Kamiya himself is directing TW101. It looks great, yet we barely know anything beyond one level of the game.

Oh I want to see more but we already sort of expect that.
Never played Bayo 1 so am not that hyped for it - just that its a big deal. Might pick up the first game for 360 cheap or something, we'll see.

Hiltz

I agree that the next 3D Mario game likely will not be a third Galaxy title. EAD Tokyo said they found it challenging to do a sequel even though they could rely on using some of the ideas that didn't make it int other first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom