• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

This international team is nothing but passing bigs that can play away from the basket, stretch the floor

C45CnMCXUAE-hHK.jpg

Ugh, who fucking cares? At this point fuck Westbitch and Kevin Durbitch for this dumbass drama nonsense. Fuck stupid drama, it has no place in this.

Honestly, Harden is why I want to watch this game. I don't know why the 4 GSW players + Westbrook is so hyped, I want to see Harden having to be the in-the-middle facilitator between Westbrook and Durant XD

EDIT: If you can't see it:
-Children of divorce.
-Harden will be the messenger guy.
Westbrook will say to Harden: "Tell you-know-who this" and Durant will say to Harden: "Tell you-know-who that" and so on. In the game Westbrook will pass to Harden so Harden can pass to Durant and Durant will pass to Harden to pass it to Westbrook.
-Harden finishes with 38 assists

-He'll literally be right in the middle of it if the Westbrook-Harden-Durant lineup is ever played.
-I can see the ESPN headline now: Harden passes to Durant, sides against Westbrook in feud

Maybe the whole international stretch big vs more guards from USA is because:

1) It's easier to stand out, get attention from international teams if you're larger
2) The European game emphasized spacing, passing, far before the US did
3) The USA players are found and developed waaay earlier, and this helps the USA with guards, as they have to be better with their actual skills to get into the NBA. An international guard probably gets development once in the NBA

If plynyk keeps playing like he is and is much cheaper I'd rather that tbh. I don't want Hayward at a max contract which inevitably somebody will give him.

Seriously? Hayward is legit. I don't want him because the Jazz are not letting him walk and I don't want to ilude myself into thinking this could happen, but Hayward is one of the best players in the league and the Stevens connection is real so I'd pay him the max all day erryday.

Redo the 2015 Draft: I think KAT pretty unanimously still goes first, but do you take Booker over Porzingis 2nd?

Nah. Can't teach height.

Porzingis gives your entire team a bunch of flexibility in what you want to use him as. Currently a guard heavy league. I could see talent wise, they end up being similar, but I'm not sure anyone really makes a mistake there though

2014 and 2011 are more interesting.

2014-
Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Jokic
Saric, LaVine, Randle(???), Nurkic (???)

2011-
Kawhi
afterwards, choose from Klay, Kurie, Kemba, Butler, and IT

I'm probably overrated Booker but I'm really impressed by him. Dude is still a baby (just turned 20 IIRC) and already putting up 20 ppg on good shooting that young and inexperienced. Who knows though maybe he ends up being Kevin Martin.

I'm probably overrated Booker but I'm really impressed by him. Dude is still a baby (just turned 20 IIRC) and already putting up 20 ppg on good shooting that young and inexperienced. Who knows though maybe he ends up being Kevin Martin.

Don't get me wrong, Booker would undoubtedly be the 2nd or 3rd pick today. Myles Turner probably goes 4th.

Being that high of a pick in a surprisingly loaded draft means he has star talent.

Marz

Maybe the whole international stretch big vs more guards from USA is because:

1) It's easier to stand out, get attention from international teams if you're larger
2) The European game emphasized spacing, passing, far before the US did
3) The USA players are found and developed waaay earlier, and this helps the USA with guards, as they have to be better with their actual skills to get into the NBA. An international guard probably gets development once in the NBA

The European game emphasized passing but all of the greatest passers in NBA history are from North America? Makes sense.

Sandfox

His scoring has been impressive, but my opinion of his game is pretty meh.

The European game emphasized passing but all of the greatest passers in NBA history are from North America? Makes sense.

It actually does though...

You're going to struggle to get attention and get recruited for basketball outside of the USA if you're not tall. Outside the USA, those bigs are going to be pushed towards more passing offenses than american bigs

In the USA, a guard that is good gets way more time to show off their skill, especially with scoring. And because they get picked up early, they get to develop those skills earlier on. Unlike bigs in the USA, who will have an easier time being steered towards the NBA, they still have to keep up with practicing, developing, etc. They have to stand out from the crowd more.

European big has an easier time standing out, cause, y'know, height

Trying to guess which of the young players will get to the all-star game first. Giannis is the first of the young group. Guards, coming in, almost all have zero shot, asides from perhaps Booker and Beal, so LaVine isn't listed.

For the East
Tier 1: Porzingis, Embiid
Tier 2: Turner, Parker, Simmons, Beal

I don't see any of the big men getting in over Butler, Lebron, Paul George. If Giannis has an off season next year, maybe??? If Love isn't injured again, then he's almost guaranteed too. But otherwise, Embiid and Porzingis have a good shot of getting in over an older Millsap and Carmelo, though I'd say if this year is really just a test run for Embiid, and he gets more minutes next year, then he probably has it locked up.

Beal would have to beat out - Lowry, DeRozan, IT, Kemba, Kyrie (fan vote), Wall... yeah. He was the better injury replacement this year for sure, although for that spot he has to contend with Porzingis and probably Millsap next year.

For the West
Tier 1: KAT, Jokic, Gobert
Tier 2: Wiggins, Booker

It's easy to argue for Gobert getting in over Hayward over DeAndre this year. Davis (barring injury), Durant, Leonard, Boogie are all untouchables. Gasol and Draymond, are the sorts of players that maybe get screwed for starters' voting, but coaches will very likely back them up, although I could see KAT get in over one of them. Gobert and Jokic vs Hayward is tough, DeAndre is probably gone next year.

Wild card would also have to watch out for Chris Paul being back and pushing Klay or Lillard into one of those spots. Only way I see Gobert getting in is some mix of Hayward not getting in, Portland having another off year, Timberwolves continuing to struggle, and and then winning argument of Klay and Jokic

Fjordson

I am convinced this is a setup.
That would actually be a funny troll. I fear they're being serious, though lol.

This shouldn't bother me, but think of all the community service these guys do with kids and shit. These dudes are officially a bad influence lmao.

phanphare

Banned
That would actually be a funny troll. I fear they're being serious, though lol.

This shouldn't bother me, but think of all the community service these guys do with kids and shit. These dudes are officially a bad influence lmao.

honestly I see his point of view with the whole I learned a bunch of shit that turned out to be bullshit through our education system

I get that part

the flat earth stuff though.....yikes

jbug617

Banned
76ers pulled Okafor out of the line up last week because they were close to a deal with the Blazers according to DA. Blazers ended up doing the deal with Denver.

Top Bottom