• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For March 2017 [Up2: Year to date charts, platform specific charts]

A Nier game in the top 10. A Platinum game in the top 10. Awesome.

Really interested to see how well Mario Kart 8 Deluxe does in April with only three days on the market. I think it's going to live in the top 10 for the rest of 2017.

I think MK8DX might be #1 unless Ghost Recon has a crazy impressive hold.

I'm expecting MK to body stuff left and right for the rest of the year.

LordKano

Dug a few more data about Bomberman series in US:

Bomberman 64 (N64): 420K
Bomberman Hero (N64): 225K
Bomberman Party (PS1): 56K
Bomberman World (PS1): 45K
Bomberman 2 (N64) : 35K
Bomberman Online (DC): 18K

Thanks ! They are all LTD I guess ?
So, third best selling so far. We'll have to see if it has legs to crawl the second place.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I know people usually overlook MLB but that is a solid performance once again considering it came out at the very end of the month.

I wish I could find the post where someone said no one cared about GTA V for PS4, XBO and MLB The Show before GTA V launched for current gen.

Yea, especially with what its going up against. Baseball season just started too.

watdaeff4

Looks like HZD is not a mega hit most were expecting.

Mega hit? No. and anyone who truly thought that was being foolish.

That said, it's a new IP that is an exclusive......in that light and compared to how similar products have done this gen....it did very well. I'm sure Sony is very happy.

I enjoyed Mass Effect. Not an amazing game, but a solid 7.5-8.

I didn't say it was a bad game. I'm talking about its technical issues

The fact that it pulled these numbers in such a competitive month despite all the issues is a great signal for EA and other publishers. Not so much for us consumers though.

Not only can you get away with releasing a game to soon, you can even reap the financial rewards. How lovely.

Looks like HZD is not a mega hit most were expecting. on the other hand wild lands is becoming a major hit

Seems like the sales are fine for a new IP? We had a pretty good sales indicator with the 2.6 mil (with digital WW) PR release too.

It wasn't going to open higher than UC4 (800k) and the current number seems in line with the PR we got.

Looks like HZD is not a mega hit most were expecting. on the other hand wild lands is becoming a major hit

Ermmm? We already have its worldwide sales numbers and it performed very well. Besides, there were plenty of NeoGAF posters expecting the game to bomb prior to launch, so...

Dug a few more data about Bomberman series in US:

Bomberman 64 (N64): 420K
Bomberman Hero (N64): 225K
Bomberman Generation (GC): 113K (probably not final LTD)
Bomberman Party (PS1): 56K
Bomberman World (PS1): 45K
Bomberman 2 (N64) : 35K
Bomberman Online (DC): 18K

Bomberman 64 the 🐐
No wonder second attack is rare af
Funny story I saw one copy in New York all those years ago, I should have bought it

dracula_x

714x-1

btw, the most important thing here is "ranked on dollar sales"

I feel Bomberman is one of those titles that greatly benefited from being a launch title. Especially as Switch had pretty barren launch line up.

MK8 will destroy Persona 5 sales-wise in the states.

Shipped 1.5 million worldwide, which probably means it shipped around 900k outside of Japan. Not sure how much of that might have been in Asia, though. (And it could always ship more if it's selling well)

It should have a solid debut on NPD next month, although I expect Mario Kart will be higher even with only a couple of days.

That was my main concern/question if Mario Kart could still be #1 next month with only a couple of days. I have purchased Persona and will be buying Mario Kart day 1 as well, but the hype around my circle of friends that play video games for Mario Kart is low as some of them already own it on Wii U.

MLB is such a consistently good seller. I wonder how well this one did compared to the last few years.

I feel Bomberman is one of those titles that greatly benefited from being a launch title. Especially as Switch had pretty barren launch line up.

It would have sold considerably less if it released one year from now.

Asd202

That was my main concern/question if Mario Kart could still be #1 next month with only a couple of days. I have purchased Persona and will be buying Mario Kart day 1 as well, but the hype around my circle of friends that play video games for Mario Kart is low as some of them already own it on Wii U.

It will sell it's the game to get after Zelda. There isn't much else you can get on the Switch.

watdaeff4

How badly did HW2 do I wonder?
The first sold surprisingly well iirc.
But Halo, the platform and the competition is different I guess.

It's an exclusive on the non-leading platform of a game in a dying genre that was never a great genre for consoles.

Not surprising.

MLB is such a consistently good seller. I wonder how well this one did compared to the last few years.
It deserves the sales, best sports franchise and frankly one of the best IPs for Sony IMO. The polish on this game is so great. The only, only....complaint I have about this game is they tried tacking on a silly NBA2K type "story" to RttS and didn't execute it nearly as well as NBA did.

Tbh, I'll be surprised if Persona 5 is even in top 3 next month. It might make it into top 5. Maybe.

Still should be an impressive launch for the series.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

It did, and it was a wise move putting one out. It may sell enough to revitalize the entire franchise on consoles.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Bomberman R the Trauma Center of this launch. Konami will probably keep the updates coming.

Erm... It's a new first party IP.. It did very well, especially considering how busy that month was.

LordKano

Mario Kart 8 sold 1.2 million worldwide on Wii U in a couple of days. Wii U had a slighty better userbase at the time than the Switch will likely have by end of april, but the Switch is a healthier platform right now than what the Wii U was, one year and a half into its life.

It will likely be the #1 game next April, but the real question is : will it surpass MK8's opening ?

Top Bottom