• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata New Famitsu Information: Skirt Can Be Removed!?

jett

D-Member
BOAR DRIFTING IS BACK LET'S GO

3f2de1a420434e188689b8d269438742.gif

Golnei

Pigge

Neo Member
I thought this wasn't true about kaine, just that it was the type of spirit that possessed her?

It's confirmed that she was bullied as a child for having male genitalia.

It's been a while but I want to remember it
being due to a failure in the process of creating the new generation of humans

from the Nier wiki:
As a response to the harassment she received in her childhood for being an hermaphrodite, she took a liking to clothes that emphasize feminine characteristics.

squadr0n

I really liked the character design from Nier Gestalt in Japan. Looks like a younger Raiden. Wonder if the 2nd mc will look sorta like him.

Skrams

-Platinum games is working so you will be able to ride the Boar
-There are other animals like deer. You can probably ride them as well.

Fuck yes, boar drifting is back and even possibly expanded.

Eolz

I'm ok with this and the rest of the article.
Game I'm looking forward the most for now.

I'm more interested in hearing if they'll change her design to be a female Gary Busey for the west. It sounds like I'm speaking in a mocking tone, but I'm not. Please go there again.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'm more interested in hearing if they'll change her design to be a female Gary Busey for the west. It sounds like I'm speaking in a mocking tone, but I'm not. Please go there again.

When it was announced they said they wouldn't try catering to regional tastes again.

Going by
Accord
, she might not be that far off.

No, she was born intersex.

...because the obvious, natural response would be utter revulsion?

That's one of the effects of said possession

spoilers on this page that explain http://nier.wikia.com/wiki/Kainé

It's confirmed that she was bullied as a child for having male genitalia.

It's been a while but I want to remember it
being due to a failure in the process of creating the new generation of humans

from the Nier wiki:
I really need to go back and finds those other endings, it was just so hard after the first time. Game too sad yo.

Golnei

Nier with a happy ending? Not sure how I feel about that hmmm

I wouldn't expect too much to come of that - look at what happened for the first game.

First request to Yokoo was to make "a happy ending filled with love".

Yokoo: For the ending, I tried my hardest to make it happy, just as Satou requested.

Satou: ...you call that trying hard?

Yokoo: Yeah.

Satou. Yeaaah. (laughs)

Yokoo: Now that I think about it, I was requested to "not kill Yonah".

Satou: Yeah, I remember asking for a scene where they hold hands.

Yokoo: Well I put that in the ending didn't I?

4Gamer: But you wrote that "Yonah isn't cured" in the setting materials, so Yonah is still going to die after the ending...

Yokoo: Yes, her sickness wasn't cured, so she'll die later. The ending itself is happy, but I make no guarantees on what comes after. (laughs)

batbeg

I really need to try to play NieR again. I'm ridiculously excited for this even though I barely played the first and am not enthralled with Platinum either. I didn't even know until reading that interview Akihiko Yoshida was the main character artist. That's awesome.

Gbraga

3 characters, but only 2 if you talk in the traditional sense?

I'm sticking with my "2B dies and is replaced, but it'll be up to the players to figure out when" theory for now.

And deer drifting? Oh my.

But I thought everyone wanted to see Kaine's
dick

Thank god for fanarts

Hektor

Yoko: Platinum Games makes some of the best games, please try not to expect too much from my settings and stories. Boys who expect to much will soon wither, no? So…..don’t do it.

I really like how humble he is. <3

3 characters, but only 2 if you talk in the traditional sense?

I'm sticking with my "2B dies and is replaced, but it'll be up to the players to figure out when" theory for now.

And deer drifting? Oh my.

2B is already the replacement for 2, i dont think they're just going to redo that.
Tho, i could imagine that the intro/Tutorial of the game will be the original yorha stageplay, similar to Nier 1
intro, where you are actually not playing The Nier you play for the rest of the game, but the Nier who we later get to know as shadowlord.

Gbraga

2B is already the replacement for 2, i dont think they're just going to redo that.
Tho, i could imagine that the intro/Tutorial of the game will be the original yorha stageplay, similar to Nier 1
intro, where you are actually not playing The Nier you play for the rest of the game, but the Nier who we later get to know as shadowlord.

Could be, could definitely be.

And no one considers Nier to be a game with 2 playable characters, so it really makes sense with the way he worded it.

You might be onto something here.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Another gem of an interview. Yoko + Saito are quite the comedy double-act :D

What I find most pleasing about it though is that joking apart, Yoko's odd-ball style is really being pushed as major point of interest. Considering that he's not got the legacy of sales and critical success of a Kojima, its rare to see a big company so behind an individual creative.

Golnei

There's also the possibility of Pod being the third 'character', if they're eventually revealed to be sentient. The idea of it containing the consciousness of one of the androids who died in the play seems relatively believable.

Considering that he's not got the legacy of sales and critical success of a Kojima, its rare to see a big company so behind an individual creative.

I really liked the answer Saito gave in that German gaffer's question in his interview when he was asked how he convinced Square to let him make a game with a director whose games do not sell with a developer whose games don't sell. That he just used his success with the Dragon Quest franchise to let him do passion projects.
So probably Square doesn't have a lot of faith in the game either way but they let Saito dick around for a while as thanks.

Top Bottom