• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayDat

Kari Faux - Lost en Los Angeles

iTunes

This came out back in April, but I was too focused on school and broke to listen to it. I'm planning on getting my own copy soon but I'd appreciate impressions in the mean time. The image links to Spotify for those of you with subscriptions. I'm personally not ready to make that leap yet.

Koozek

iTunes

This came out back in April, but I was too focused on school and broke to listen to it. I'm planning on getting my own copy soon but I'd appreciate impressions in the mean time. The image links to Spotify for those of you with subscriptions. I'm personally not ready to make that leap yet.
You know Spotify is free on PC, right?

Koozek

Isn't it ad supported though? Not trying to hear that shit.

Her song Perfect Timing, didn't make the album, but it's fye!
Maybe it's actually more, but it feels like only 1 minute of ads for every 1-2 hours of listening and that's really no deal breaker for me. Can't imagine not having Spotify these days. Will pay for it as soon as I'm out of university and working.

Mau ®

iTunes

This is very good whew

overcast

Great thoughts on Atrocity Exhibition Des. I think my main issue is that it has the weakest tracks near the end (From the Ground is mediocre and Get Hi is bad). Danny continues to have perfect opening tracks to set his albums up. He seems a lot more confident and to me he is clearly not stuck in thematic block, which I was worried about with Old maintaining a Side A/Side B type of deal. Not sure he'll ever top XXX, so I just try not to compare. That's a 10/10 album for me.

Personally Atrocity Exhibition is in my top 3 this year for sure. Maybe at the top.
Yeah, looks like the tour is officially cancelled. Hopefully he just takes time to get back in shape mentally. Refocus on his art and get away from publi... He's a Kardashian lololol.
Hahahaha I love it. Gives him some character
Man, Drake has about as much character as Yamcha. Dude changes the way he talks/raps and jumps all over any fad and every young rapper.

illadelph

I gave it a listen, it's not bad but I feel the Funk is....muted? It attempts to capture the character of P-Funk but isn't quite there. I think Redman's early albums do it better, and are simply much better albums.

fair enough, at least you gave it a shot.

most people never give them a chance beyond The Humpty Dance (and Same Song for a glance at early 2Pac)

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
TWwXJ45.gif

if 2016 takes Ye, I'll legit melt-down.

Hell, I might be doing so a bit now.

Also, fuck those shitheads in the OT thread acting like Kanye ruined their fucking life. Christ, the way people talk about him you'd think he actually killed people instead of being arrogant, speaking naively, and being impulsive.

studyguy

if 2016 takes Ye, I'll legit melt-down.

Hell, I might be doing so a bit now.

Also, fuck those shitheads in the OT thread acting like Kanye ruined their fucking life. Christ, the way people talk about him you'd think he actually killed people instead of being arrogant, speaking naively, and being impulsive.

OT gonna OT

Glass Rebel

ye basically been having a slow motion burnout in front of cameras for years now and you still have people make light of his condition. it's really disgusting to see people not take mental illness serious.

ye basically been having a slow motion burnout in front of cameras for years now and you still have people make light of his condition. it's really disgusting to see people not take mental illness serious.

One student in my graduate program was kicked out for having Asperger. One girl started demeaning him and triggering him. He lashed out consistently, and now he's kicked out.

Most people just mock him anyway.

One student in my graduate program was kicked out for having Asperger. One girl started demeaning him and triggering him. He lashed out consistently, and now he's kicked out.

Most people just mock him anyway.

God, what the fuck is wrong with people?

It's shit like this that makes it hard for people to even admit to themselves they have a mental illness let alone to a support network that'll help them through it.

God, what the fuck is wrong with people?

It's shit like this that makes it hard for people to even admit to themselves they have a mental illness let alone to a support network that'll help them through it.

Just to be clear I don't consider Asperger a mental illness (neurodiversity for the win!), but having it makes individuals MUCH more susceptible to mental issues. The dude was just stressed due to the little help he got from the administration and most of his peers.

Alright, let's not get off topic. Back to Rap.

Yesterday man disses Beyonce
Today man restrained and locked down

coincidence?

161937302-640x456.jpg

"Now be careful with them shooters B, they salary"
"shut up jay I gotta crush this nigga"

Koozek

Yeah, so as I suspected, it took another few listens to Savage Mode for me to warm up to him. Whew@the Ocean Drive beat.

Oh, and let's vote on a new thread title, lol.
sorry Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom