• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

Tain

where on earth does "PC gamers hate dialogue" come from

why would they hate dialogue more or less than anybody else

what the hell

DigitalDevilSummoner

zero cognitive reasoning abilities
where on earth does "PC gamers hate dialogue" come from

i am talking about visual novel kinda stuff. and i am sorry, i know i sound like a dick but the connections some of you try to make with Torment and the like just don't stand.

Are you trying to demonstrate how you got your tag in the first place? If so, you are doing a splendid job.

actually i think i did it get discussing PC ports...

Signed, can't see how anybody would have a problem with this petition, 1 minute of your time for a chance to get more SEGA games.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to say no. It looks and feels great at 30 FPS, though I do vaguely recall some frame rate drops

Funny enough it's probably their most stable game to date on console

I'm good on online petitions though. After the Sega All stars one acknowledged by the devs went nowhere, I'm convinced these things don't have the power to do anything

DigitalDevilSummoner

Dude, that was a response to

obviously and it is not apt. it is a far cry comparing the two because they fall in the same general "tactical" category. it is grossly misleading.

i admit the dialogue thing was off, i was thinking about some miss-pleasure expressed towards anime-esque characters and themes

Momentary

Banned
obviously and it is not apt. it is a far cry comparing the two because they fall in the same general "tactical" category. it is grossly misleading.

i admit the dialogue thing was off, i was thinking about some miss-pleasure expressed towards anime-esque characters and themes

Just stop trying man. Go some place else to gripe and stop being a negative Nancy towards something you have no liking or passion towards getting pushed. Go make an anti-campaign if you feel so strongly about.

Edit: Damn! 500 sign already. Hopefully it'll be 600 by the time I get out of the gym.

Nillansan

You need to read my post again, it was a response to this:

it's a tactical turn based rpg with lots and lots of dialogue PC gamers hate.

Fallout 1 and 2 are both dialogue heavy games, nobody said that the Valkyria Chronicles and Fallout games have the same gameplay mechanics. We were explicitly responding to your comment about dialogue!

Signed. Hope this somehow works out. I've had this lotto dream where I'd offer to fully fund development of Bayonetta and Vanquish pc ports, but have had no luck on that as of yet.

DigitalDevilSummoner

We were explicitly responding to your comment about dialogue!

not really. you are nitpicking my comments about something you have obviously not played (which is frowned upon in this forum)
jrpgs are actually often criticized for too much anime-fication (see FF threads) and I assumed you new what trait of the genre i was talking about; amongst jrpgs VC actually sits as one of the more dialogue heavy games, close to NIS ones. i admit, as durante pointed out, i over generalized a bit.

my point stands, the guy who wrote the petition is misleading about the game's ties to PC strategy
and just to be clear, i am not hating on PC gaming or anything. I just find it upsetting to say the least that Sega has big unfinished business with localizing games, completely leaving their fans in the cold and here we are pretending they are some awesome publisher

Grief.exe

This was well said

Among those many other requests, outside of the suggested three, special consideration should be paid to the widely requested Valkyria Chronicles, as a PS3 exclusive it's been excluded under factors 2 and 3. Despite the potential for a more expensive and involved porting effort, the PC has a strong history (one which you've had a significant hand in) of strategy titles and we feel Valkyria Chronicles is a natural compliment to your other, strategic, offerings on the PC platform.

Durante

I guess this is somehow relevant to this thread and the discussion about JRPG success on Steam. Ghostlight just announced their second PC port and hint at 2 more. This would appear to indicate the first one didn't do too badly. And that was a port of a 2007 title rated 67 on metacritic.

Grief.exe

I guess this is somehow relevant to this thread and the discussion about JRPG success on Steam. Ghostlight just announced their second PC port and hint at 2 more. This would appear to indicate the first one didn't do too badly. And that was a port of a 2007 title rated 67 on metacritic.

I loved reading the Xseed thread about how the ports quickly became the best selling iterations in their publishing history.

I just want Shenmue...

So many games stuck on dead consoles from that generation.

Shemue series
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Skies of Arcadia
Otogi 1/2 (Developed by From Soft)
Jet Set Radio Future

Top Bottom