• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagabundo

Maybe the book people just shouldn't post in this thread.

But people shouldn't be posting random stuff in threads.

:( I hate spoilers.

Well, he won the joust because his horse was in heat and Mountain's horse was horny.

All's fair in love and war. A good fighter will use everything to gain advantage.

scy

This kind of shit is just inevitable for spoilers. You got people that are innocently speculating and then people saying "dude that's a spoiler"...because they full well know it is. Then, the spoiler that no one knew was a spoiler becomes a spoiler and people are like fuck I read that thinking it was just some fun speculation.

Spoilers, feels bad man.

Yeah, or a person who read the books comes in and plays dumb and speculates these things so they can look smart. It's best just to delete that shit.

Which is basically why I don't post much here since I did read the books and I don't want to ruin anything for anyone. Just comments on the episode content itself with little regard to the book. Speculation talk is interesting to me but I know to stay out of adding my thoughts to it ... since I wouldn't be speculating, really.

Too many black bars in this thread for my liking now.

I kind agree that if you've read the books you should just not post in here. I know, most people are fine, but if people just stick the other thread then it will be safe in here.

I want to speculate but I don't want people then posting with winks and nudges, suggesting I may be right or wrong. That's just as bad as a spoiler.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
The other thing is that there could be 98 book readers doing perfectly fine avoiding everything in this thread but if just one spoils something (accidentally or otherwise) then it was all for naught, as its ruined for EVERYONE. And then...All book readers are put under fire.

JGS

Banned
All's fair in love and war. A good fighter will use everything to gain advantage.
That wasn't really a war tactic. I think they allude to him being good in competition for sure. However, the horse thing just showed him to be an be an opportunist, not necessarily a good fighter unless he has a horse in heat all the time.

Again, he may be a great fighter but, the show just seems to focus on his name more as well as his relationship with Renly. Would not surprise me if he dies.

Vagabundo

The other thing is that there could be 98 book readers doing perfectly fine avoiding everything in this thread but if just one spoils something (accidentally or otherwise) then it was all for naught, as its ruined for EVERYONE. And then...All book readers are put under fire.

Maybe we should change the thread title. Book readers DO NOT POST.

That wasn't really a war tactic. I think they allide to him being good in competition for sure. However, the horse thing just showed him to be an be an opportunist, not necessarily a good fighter unless he has a horse in heat all the time.

Again, he may be a great fighter but, the show just seems to focus on his name more as well as his relationship with Renly. Would not surprise me if he dies.

Well I'd consider it a smart tactic. A smart fighter would be someone who uses all these things to his advantage. However he got his ass whooped by big giant woman and the big giant mountain though. So in one on one battles, without being able to use other things to his advantage, he might only be an above average fighter.

I'd bet Jamie or Poor Dead Ned would have tore him apart.

He's not one of my favs I would mind seeing him killed. I'd be more interested in how this would change Renly. Maybe make him bitter and maybe harden him up a notch.

Micerider

We need to start torturing with rats and buckets like in this weeks episode, find the book readers in our midst.

Well, now we have to define the criteria : Is a book 1 reader allowed to post in the Season 2 thread?

And more importantly, are allowed to use rat poison on our belly? :p

scy

I can vouch for this guy. He's good peoples.

Oh god, now I'll say something stupid and make you regret this.

"There's no cure for being a cunt." I'm glad someone on the show agrees with my about Joffrey.

Bronn needs more screentime just so he gets to say more lines like this. Y'know what, forget the rest of the cast, let's just have happy fun time hour of Tyrion and Bronn hijinks and witty retorts.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Bronn needs more screentime just so he gets to say more lines like this. Y'know what, forget the rest of the cast, let's just have happy fun time hour of Tyrion and Bronn hijinks and witty retorts.

Tyrion and Bronn are the biggest trolls in Westeros. Tag team of the forever.

Edit:
Ooh, just had a thought-- what if the evil black swirling creature impregnates Renly's wife...?

You are sick and twisted.

JKRMA

Banned
Just watched every episode of the show in the span of 3 days. OMG what an amazing show. Bronn is awesome, he seems like he is just having a good time along for the ride and gold.

The ending of the last episode was definitely a wtf moment. I would normally say the show jumped the shark, however since the GoT is amazing, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and am really interested in seeing where they go with it. I do not think Renly is going to die by it as they just established the "not a lady" kingsguard character and the awesome "want a threesome with my brother" wife. It will prob fuck up the camps morale though.

I loved daddy Lanister coming in a pwning everyone. Can't wait to see where they go with Arya and him. Loved the look he gave to his men when the bastard said he was a blacksmith, "dimwitted idiots" look.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I loved daddy Lanister coming in a pwning everyone. Can't wait to see where they go with Arya and him. Loved the look he gave to his men when the bastard said he was a blacksmith, "dimwitted idiots" look.

I love his dignified tone: "This one is a girl, you idiot".

Tywin may be the richest man in Westeros, but he ran out of fucks a long time ago.

The Arya - Tywin dynamic will be interesting to see, both characters are badass.
But I'm really pumped to see if there will be a Bran x Balon meet.

And regarding spoilers, we could get the posters list of the 'other topic' and make a Arya's sleeping list, hehe.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Maybe the book people just shouldn't post in this thread.

But people shouldn't be posting random stuff in threads.

:( I hate spoilers.

Yup I've read them and read but never post here because it would be easy to slip up and ruin someones experience reading/watching.

Gleeson should be nominated IMO.

Agreed I almost always HATE child actors but the stark/lannister children have all been great imo and same with creepy Robin in the vale.

man of science

Neo Member
Renly has NO claim. I don't understand his support. His best argument was "Nobody likes Stannis."

Him and Sansa need to bite it for being such shit siblings and going against their own houses.

I'm still bitter from Season 1. She should have died instead of Lady.

It's amazing how Sansa has gone from an insufferable cunt to a really sympathetic character. I liked her by the end of S1 and now I want her to get out of that situation so badly.

I'm not sure if she will, though. I think Arya will make it back to her family but Sansa might get more than Joffrey's cock penetrating her.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Renly has NO claim. I don't understand his support. His best argument was "Nobody likes Stannis."
Stannis is an asshole. Nobody likes assholes. The end.

As for Sansa, she tried to murder Joffrey at the end of S1. That alone redeemed her character in my eyes. Now girlfriend is only trying to survive until Robb turns her fiancee into a snack for Grey Wind.

Him and Sansa need to bite it for being such shit siblings and going against their own houses.

Robert's claim to the throne was 'I just fucking killed you'. In the end, whoever wins the war gets it.

Remember what (Littlefinger? Varys? I forget) said though.. "Power is in the hands of those who people perceive have power."

The Mad King had power... until Robert Baratheon seized it. Robert Baratheon bequeathed temporary power to Ned until Joffrey came of age... until Cersei ripped it up. Stannis Baratheon apparently should have the power... but who would follow him?

Another episode of awesomeness.

My only gripe, there was no payoff to Joffrey having the whore beat the living shit into the other one. But perhaps it will be continued in next week's episode. I want to see the penny drop when Tyrion realises what a fucked-up little shit Joffrey really is.

God I hope his death is slow and painful. I'm thinking, mini-buckets, rats and his eye sockets.

Another episode of awesomeness.

My only gripe, there was no payoff to Joffrey having the whore beat the living shit into the other one. But perhaps it will be continued in next week's episode. I want to see the penny drop when Tyrion realises what a fucked-up little shit Joffrey really is.

God I hope his death is slow and painful. I'm thinking, mini-buckets, rats and his eye sockets.

Or THE WALL. Imagine a story arc where Joffrey answers to Jon Snow.

spirity

It's amazing how Sansa has gone from an insufferable cunt to a really sympathetic character. I liked her by the end of S1 and now I want her to get out of that situation so badly.

I'm not sure if she will, though. I think Arya will make it back to her family but Sansa might get more than Joffrey's cock penetrating her.

Bear in mind, we've mostly seen Sansa being abused. On the rare occasion that isn't happening, she's being snotty to her handmaiden. I don't think she'll come out of this (if she does come out of it) a better person. Stronger, yeah.

Meh. Snow is a puppy. He'd pout and cry as he usually does. Send him to Robb and let Grey Wind eviscerate the little shit.

Come on... real torture is prolonged and excruciating. While the evisceration would be gratifying for the 10 secs or so that it would last, what's next?

Make him shovel snow, clean latrine buckets and be everyone's practice dummy for the next ten years of his life... THEN eviscerate him.

Bear in mind, we've mostly seen Sansa being abused. On the rare occasion that isn't happening, she's being snotty to her handmaiden. I don't think she'll come out of this (if she does come out of it) a better person. Stronger, yeah.

This is true, but I think it's understandable she's taking her anger out on anyone BUT Joffrey when she's so close to being killed every day.

She has so little control in her life now that I think she's a bitch to the people she can be just to feel like she has some form of control.

If she does survive it will be interesting to see how her character develops though, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom