• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't they still cann it mid-season? How does that work?

I really doubt they would considering they book certain times for shooting a whole season so they'll have a whole set of episodes for Season 3 no matter what unless it never started shooting. The show is performing well enough that I doubt it will be canceled before the showrunners want it to end or it reaches the book series conclusion.

SyNapSe

Totally anecdotal but I know a lot of people who bought the blu ray box of season 1 so I'm thinking they are liking the profits off those

I assume HBO treasures new subscribers on a level that greatly exceeds the dollars generated by the box sets. The box set sales are like selling heroin on the street corners for 1/3rd of normal cost; they just hope you'll keep coming back.

JB1981

Ugh too short. Fuck Theon, traitorous dog. Tyrion outwitting everyone in Kings Landing, love watching him in action. Arrya seems pretty fucked, not sure how they'll get out of that one. Man this show is too short!!!

Good episode, definitely progressed things a bit though it just leaves me reckoning that next week is gonna be weird via the preview teaser.

Hilarious times at the abode of Stannis.

Moaradin

Holy fuck, such a good episode. I actually laughed at that kid in the end. Poor Yoren though =(

Next episode looks crazy

Cyan

Banned
Goddamn Greyjoys! Why do the Starks always get fucked sideways? :/

Also, Yoren. :( Went out like a champ, though.

Have a feeling that dude 'Arry let out of the cage will show up again.

No way they'll buy that kid at the end is Gendry, he's got a headful of beeeyoutiful blond hair.

Also Tyrion still kicks ass.

Yes, I pretty much just fired off my thoughts in random order. Why do you ask?

Not enough sex scenes for people to complain about.

I posted this in the other thread, but I was watching this with a bunch of guys and a girl walked into the room right when the Loras and Renly scene started, awkwardness ensued closely thereafter.

JGS

Banned
Goddamn Greyjoys! Why do the Starks always get fucked sideways? :/

Also, Yoren. :( Went out like a champ, though.

Have a feeling that dude 'Arry let out of the cage will show up again.

No way they'll buy that kid at the end is Gendry, he's got a headful of beeeyoutiful blond hair.

Also Tyrion still kicks ass.

Yes, I pretty much just fired off my thoughts in random order. Why do you ask?

They're from the Lannister army so would they know what he looks like? I'm trying to remember the first episode and they description of him. I only remember the helmet.

On my phone so not saying much but the episode was pretty good. The battle at the end was aces and Tyrion's ploy was both great and sadly predictable. It was trio straightforward.

No dragons even though that area was in the opening. And yes I am trying to avoid proper names for fear of gross misspelling.

I posted this in the other thread, but I was watching this with a bunch of guys and a girl walked into the room right when the Loras and Renly scene started, awkwardness ensued closely thereafter.

Best thing to do in situations like these is explain character motivations quickly. That silence can be brutal

Theon has a conscious. I have to believe he'll do the Rob a favor when all is said and done.

Brienne is HUGE.

Tyrion is such a boss. That scene was a mindfuck. The editing was fantastic. I thought my DVR had screwed up when the actors kept changing, but then who Tyrion said he was going to marry the daughter off to changed. He's weeding out all the rats on King's Landing.

Cyan

Banned
No dragons even though that area was in the opening. And yes I am trying to avoid proper names for fear of gross misspelling.

From the next ep preview,
looks like we'll be seeing some Dani awesomeness next week! Should be fun times, that girl is badass.

On the names... I just copy how other people are doing it. ;)

Brienne is HUGE.
Man, you're not kidding. Her next to Lady Stark was like The Mountain next to The Hound.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Good episode, felt shorter than usual though. Weird note to end it on, a fairly easy out.

I guess now that Stark is dead, the "main character" of the series has kind of shifted Tyrion, eh? He's got something major to do every ep.

Cyan

Banned
Good episode, felt shorter than usual though. Weird note to end it on, a fairly easy out.

I guess now that Stark is dead, the "main character" of the series has kind of shifted Tyrion, eh? He's got something major to do every ep.

Whoa, don't say that! I want him to live... :/

I haven't even played Skyrim yet ($5 summer sale, bitches) -- but that fucking "ARROW TO THE KNEE" meme should die. It was so obvious in that scene. They didn't even focus on the actual main prop
(the black helmet)
that they should be showing until later.

Gila

Yeah the arrow to the knee thing was kinda overused. Overall decent episode, the credit song was the best I've heard though

I haven't even played Skyrim yet ($5 summer sale, bitches) -- but that fucking "ARROW TO THE KNEE" meme should die. It was so obvious in that scene. They didn't even focus on the actual main prop
(the black helmet)
that they should be showing until later.

I don't think a Skyrim meme was what the director had in mind there.

rar

uh is anyone else confused by the whole zombie baby situation?

so this crastor dude takes dead babies into the forest to be collected by the white walkers, and mormont knew about this all along and isn't worried by it? when did he find out about this? was it before or after he was attacked by some dead guy in the middle of the night, standing there helplessly with a torch instead of burning the zombie? did he just stroll into crastor's camp and crastor flat out told him, hey, i'm feeding the zombies babies so they can make a huge undead army and kill everyone? mormont went on this quest because he got attacked by zombies, but doesn't seem to mind that this guy seems to be helping out those zombies as long as he lets his guys crash at his place

I'm not sure they know (or care) about the kid's hair. If they actually questioned whether or not he's Gendry based on his hair, then that would mean they believe the rumors about the Queen and Jaime.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

so this crastor dude takes dead babies into the forest to be collected by the white walkers, and mormont knew about this all along and isn't worried by it? when did he find out about this? was it before or after he was attacked by some dead guy in the middle of the night, standing there helplessly with a torch instead of burning the zombie? did he just stroll into crastor's camp and crastor flat out told him, hey, i'm feeding the zombies babies so they can make a huge undead army and kill everyone? mormont went on this quest because he got attacked by zombies, but doesn't seem to mind that this guy seems to be helping out those zombies as long as he lets his guys crash at his place

I don't think they know what it was. Snow is probably one of the first people to see one of those things and live. Remember the tall ones are different from the zombies.

big ander

wait, were people NOT joking in thinking that was a skyrim reference? Seriously?

I was pretty sure they were live babies, not dead ones. and the sacrifices keep the monsters at bay. if they didn't have that small amount of tribute, they'd infringe on humans more.

Balehead

"I've always hated crossbows, takes too long to reload." *swing*

What is this, pirates of the caribbean? That was so silly for the series, as if none of the other guards wouldn't have done a thing while those 2 went at it.

Other than that I liked the episode, getting better every episode as I recognize the cast better.

big ander

"I've always hated crossbows, takes too long to reload." *swing*

What is this, pirates of the caribbean? That was so silly for the series, as if none of the other guards wouldn't have done a thing while those 2 went at it.

Other than that I liked the episode, getting better every episode as I recognize the cast better.

They didn't expect a man who'd been shot by an arrow to swiftly attack. Once he did all of them ganged up on him.

Irish

The fight choreography in that scene was typical Hollywood miraculous hero stuff. While watching I even thought of Boromir.

Eh, more like typical real life miraculous hero stuff. When dudes are ready to fight, they will fight until they are dead.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I dunno, for some reason I wasn't really feeling this episode. It seemed to be hopping around too many threads at the same time without enough to weave it together.

Peru

Other way around. It knew how to focus on some, cut out others, and that's what made it work emotionally.

I really like Theon.

I really don't want Theon to betray Robb. Winterfell sucks, but Pike sucks WORSE. I get the whole staying loyal to your family thing, but Ned treated him well, and so did Robb.

Also, Yoren. This series kills me. Every character I like dies.

Tyrion's manipulation with the small council was masterful. I loved every second of it. Nothing makes me happier than to see Cersei's jimmies rustled. That woman is pure evil. See how she treats poor Sansa.

Good episode. Looking forward to next week.

nubbe

R. R. Martin: oh, you like that character?
Me: he is the coolest
R. R. Martin: I see...
Me: omg why did he have to die?!
R. R. Martin: Why? Because fuck you that's why!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm impressed by the actors' performances in all the Tyrion/Varys scenes. Both men play off of each other well, and their scenes are great.

Dinklage in all his scenes especially has so many subtle expressions in his acting that gives a lot of flavor to his performances.

You can't really label a "main character" in this series. Even Ned shouldn't have been seen as the main character. I think the question is who do you root for now since Ned was the obvious choice in season one, and again there are a lot of favorites.

JGS

Banned
I think altogether, Ned's kids (Not his wife imo) are meant to represent him throught the realm, but they are limited in what they can show while focusing on the others.

Robb would be the go to person to sympathize with, but they have barely shown him.

Jon is stuck in the wild

Arya is on the road

Sansa is hindered

Tyrion, being a noble Lannister, could be considered as well, but I just don't see him that way.

Nizz

I really like Theon.

I really don't want Theon to betray Robb. Winterfell sucks, but Pike sucks WORSE. I get the whole staying loyal to your family thing, but Ned treated him well, and so did Robb.

Also, Yoren. This series kills me. Every character I like dies.

Tyrion's manipulation with the small council was masterful. I loved every second of it. Nothing makes me happier than to see Cersei's jimmies rustled. That woman is pure evil. See how she treats poor Sansa.

Good episode. Looking forward to next week.
I loved that scene as well. The editing was great, loved how every time he turned around he was speaking to another member of the council. Tyrion cleaning house. I love the dude :D

I feel pretty bad for Sansa, you could imagine the pain she's going through. Cersai's such a bitch too. Especially when she said "even if her brother's killed, she'll do the right thing" or something to that effect.

That woman Brienne was huge, damn. Especially when Cat was standing next to her. Brienne looked a good 6'6". I'm not too thrilled with Theon's recent turnaround. I knew he felt pressured in sticking with his family, but he has such a good relationship with the Starks. Going to be interesting to see how that turns out.

Yoren went out like a true hero. What drove it home also was he just had that conversation with Arya about losing his own family member. Would be so awesome Joffrey met the same fate at Arya's hands like Yoren's brother's killer met his.

Sadly, a full episode with no Dany in sight. I understand since there are so many characters on this show, but so far it seems like they've touched on her story a total of maybe 15-16 minutes? I'm waiting to see where her story goes.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I was really impressed with the actress they cast as Brienne. I think it would be really hard to find an actress to play the character as she's written in the books (just google her description), but she has really captured Brienne's physicality, so in that aspect, she was a fantastic choice to play her.

Please note that comparing the books to the show is not allowed in this thread.
The OP said:
It doesn't matter if they're under spoiler tags, they should not be in this thread. Use the other thread for book-related television discussion. This includes alluding to things, subtle hinting, comparing the books to the show, etc...
Read the OP for more information if you need any clarification. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom