• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nikkei Trendy reports rumor that PS Vita Monster Hunter due for 2012H2

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Nikkei Trendy printed that an industry insider says a PS Vita-bound Monster Hunter will be released in the second half of this year.
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/5655070.html

hmm.

TBH if it was going to happen, they would never have announced it prior to MH3G, to avoid impacting sales. But now thats done, there is potential for something on vita I think.

Even if its a MH3G port,or some side-version to get around exclusivity agreements.

Ramune

Nikkei Trendy printed that an industry insider says a PS Vita-bound Monster Hunter will be released in the second half of this year.
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/5655070.html
7c75a158.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Nirolak mentioned that this might be of enough interest to enough people to justify a split-bump, so I did one.

[Nintex]

Annnddd all credibility is lost. Good luck fitting a bigger battery in there!

How about a new improved version of the 3D screen or other components? There's more ways to save or increase power than adding a bigger battery.

Also we need to split this thread now, is this the first time a splitted thread was split?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Annnddd all credibility is lost. Good luck fitting a bigger battery in there!

Better battery life can come from lower power consumption. And things shrink over time.

One of the big complaints about 3DS is battery life. It would be astonishing if Nintendo doesn't address that with a revision to one degree or another.

(But I would prefer a 3DS XL :( )

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Mmmh, if it's just MHP3rd HD Version for Vita, it's kind of useless, at this point.

About 3DS Lite... well, it'll happen sooner or later, I just hope later, I mean " Q1 2013 late"

One thing: how much is this insider ( if we know who he is) reliable?

Mmmh, if it's just MHP3rd HD Version for Vita, it's kind of useless, at this point.

remember that list of rumors pre-TGS? all happened but MHP3HD for Vita and Bayonetta 2.
For the latter we have some information that apparently the project was on hold, but on the former nothing came out.

Xater

About 3DS Lite... well, it'll happen sooner or later, I just hope later, I mean " Q1 2013 late"

One thing: how much is this insider ( if we know who he is) reliable?

Well if Nikkei thinks it's worth mentioning it should be pretty credible. As far as I know they have a good track record.

Erethian

Better battery life can come from lower power consumption. And things shrink over time.

One of the big complaints about 3DS is battery life. It would be astonishing if Nintendo doesn't address that with a revision to one degree or another.

(But I would prefer a 3DS XL :( )

They're still getting manufacturing to a point where they aren't taking a loss on each unit sold, so it seems unlikely that they'd be getting more efficient parts this year.

And more generally these rumours seem like someone made some seemingly super obvious predictions, more than anything else. Because unless MH4 is a 2013 title I don't see why Capcom would release two new games in the same year. Unless they've entered franchise-milking mode.

Defuser

MH vita out this year? Seems possible. MHP3rd was revealed and released within a year,but I don't expect a graphic overhaul.They better have a new class.

Valnen

Totally saw this coming, honestly. Exclusives are bad for business, and business is what Capcom is all about.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Well if Nikkei thinks it's worth mentioning it should be pretty credible. As far as I know they have a good track record.

Yeah, I know about the very good Nikkei track, but the other times those were news, not rumors from a insider. And he said so far things that seems reasonable so much anyone could say that: MH Vita, even if it seems Capcom wants to bring the audience to 3DS...but it's Capcom after all XD ; 3DS Lite, without a release period.

I just don't know this time. And I repeat: a MHP3rd HD Version would be a bit useless, at this point.

cvxfreak

I don't believe this rumor myself, but if it does happen, a version of Tri G seems most likely. Perhaps compatible somehow with MHP3 save data as a bonus for Vita owners?

Defuser

I don't believe this rumor myself, but if it does happen, a version of Tri G seems most likely. Perhaps compatible somehow with MHP3 save data as a bonus for Vita owners?

How many more variants of tri are they gonna release? This is reaching SF2 levels if what you say is true lol.

Top Bottom