• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall PC: Pilot Hunter/CTF gone as separate modes: "not widely used, long waits"

http://www.titanfall.com/news/addressing-updates-to-pc-playlists

Yesterday we removed CTF and Pilot Hunter as separate playlists in the PC version of Titanfall. This has generated a lot of discussion with the PC community and we’d like to like to address your issues as openly as possible. We have an amazing and large PC audience with the vast majority of users predominantly playing Attrition and Hardpoints game modes. CTF and Pilot Hunter have not been widely used modes on the PC version. Players trying to access these modes had overlong wait times to find other users and it was making for a poor experience. We want to make sure that not only is there compelling content in the playlists we offer, but that the experience of joining a match works well. We’re tracking what playlists players are choosing, and we’re going to continue to look at unpopular playlists and add new ones on both platforms.

We're currently working on those new modes and updates and can't wait to share the details with you. We will still rotate Pilot Hunter and CTF in for future playlists as well as adding new riffs on game types that Respawn is currently working on. Our goal is to have a wide variety of playlists that are popular and changing. That said, we will not remove modes from Private Matches, so there will always be the option to select them for competitive and personal play. Thanks for your understanding as we try to make Titanfall a better experience for everyone.

Great. I love Pilot Hunter, and I've heard that Capture the Flag is a blast to play but never got to play it. That leaves 3 game modes for matchmaking.

Deadbeat

Banned
I wonder if they patched out any game modes in cod 4... oh wait the community can host its own servers and isnt crippled by a lobby system. Silly me.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
Put the game on Steam, add Steam Achievements, Steamworks functionality (ala CS:GO) and drop the price and you wouldn't have this problem.

Putting it on Origin only is a death sentence.

wow patching out game modes, making a mutliplayer game that was anemic on content before even more so. Guess being on Origin didn't help it much either

On Xbox One, it seems last titan standing seems to be the least played mode. I don't think I've started a game with a full 12 players all week and often finish games with only 4 or 5 players on each team.

FaintDeftone

Both of those modes are played a lot on Xbox One. Strange decision... why not just leave them in there for people who want them?

Gaz_RB

That's insane.... Just offer the choice at least. I don't see how this would happen. I just don't understand the logic behind it.

Odrion

Banned
Okay, I never heard of a game getting less content as time goes on.

Titanfall revolutionizing the genre, I guess?

So now the experience will be a bunch of people joining a game then quitting the game once they find out it is not the mode they wanted to play...
These lobby systems are ruining shooters, I tell you.
The one size fits all approach is the problem. It might make sense on console but it doesn't for PC.

The fuck? I mean Pilot Hunter is so similar to Attrition that it's hard to miss it TOO much but I love playing CTF.

We're just taking modes out of games that don't hit a popularity threshold now?

hohoXD123

stupid-gifs-6.gif

How does that make any sense?!

CTF mode looks like such a staple. I didn't like the idea of Titans capping, and constantly marking the carrier, couldn't they try improving the mode instead?

Pilot Hunter and CTF needs to get rid of Titans altogether. Seems like the mode could be more fun if it was straight up Pilots, which would offer enough of a difference for people to try out.

inherendo

Put the game on Steam, add Steam Achievements, Steamworks functionality (ala CS:GO) and drop the price and you wouldn't have this problem.

Putting it on Origin only is a death sentence.

Does Valve allow EA to distribute their digital titles on origin?

They're right about the wait times, queuing for CTF and LTS was an endeavor in futility for me. I ended up just giving up and stopped playing the game. It makes me so sad that Attrition ended up becoming the standard mode for Titanfall.

Hugstable

Banned
What the hell, this is really messed up. Who cares if they are barely played, EA is taking away 2 modes of gameplay from the game that is online only and only has like 5-6 gameplay modes in the first place. I still play Titanfall matches from time to time and I liked the overall craziness of CTF. I dropped 80$ for this game and the season pass and I can't even jump in to play CTF matches like I used to now. Its stuck to what, Last Titan Standing, Hard point and the Attrition?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Oh well, never even booted up those modes.

Games get too caught up in having every mode in exsistance and it dilutes quality.

Levelcapgaming made a good video on it and BF4 a while back.

GoodlifeX

Those 2 plus last titan were the best game types. Damn shame. Im gonna guess they don't yield the most points or something like that.

Deadbeat

Banned
Oh well, never even booted up those modes.

Games get too caught up in having every mode in exsistance and it dilutes quality.

Levelcapgaming made a good video on it and BF4 a while back.
This was never a problem in PC games until lobby systems came along.

It's hard enough to establish a new IP in such a crowded genre. This game has so much extra unnecessary baggage on PC (Origin only, no community servers, high price to content) that I'm not surprised it's struggling.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, let's face it. People were playing CTF because they wanted to grind points, and once they nerfed the defense scoring, people stopped playing it.

As for Pilot Hunter... I can't really explain that one, other than the typical matches lasting longer than a normal Attrition match.

Does this mean they are going to remove the campaign from the pc version? I got the game recently and I have never gotten a room together for the second misson. Such a dead part of the game.

Top Bottom