• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix trademarks All The Bravest, registers allthebravest.com

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Presumably it will end up being a Bravely Default social game that will get localized instead of the 3DS title or an ad slogan for FFXIV.

Fusible said:
It would appear that Square Enix is working on something game-related called “All The Bravest”.

This past week, the company not only registered the domain names AllTheBravest.com (WHOIS) and AllTheBravest.net (WHOIS), it also filed a European Community Trademark for the name.

Both domain names were registered through the trademark and domain management company Thomson Brandy on November 29, 2012.

Also on the same day, Square Enix filed a trademark application (trade mark no 011386349).
Source: http://fusible.com/2012/12/square-e...-bravest-domain-files-game-related-trademark/

Toki767

I get Square's stance re Type-0 giving the market, but why would they be unwilling to localise BD? I mean 3DS is doing reasonably well in the west, so I'm sure the game would sell a nice amount.

New IP that probably won't break a million units sold in the west. Consider how much (little?) Kingdom Hearts 3D sold.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I get Square's stance re Type-0 giving the market, but why would they be unwilling to localise BD? I mean 3DS is doing reasonably well in the west, so I'm sure the game would sell a nice amount.

It's doing "okay" but not great. SE's last few releases on the platform didn't perform very well either.

Venus and Braves localization and NB is too busy so it's being handled by SE?!?!?!?!
lol

New IP that probably won't break a million units sold in the west. Consider how much (little?) Kingdom Hearts 3D sold.

But SE told me they were FFXIV, FFXIII, and Eidos games! They've never made anything else!

Most of Japan doesn't. Time to move on.

Dollar <--> Yen conversions. This is gross incompentance on top of that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

I dunno about that. PSP sales were absolutely dead by the time Type-0 would have made it over, but the 3DS is only in its second year.

What's important though is how third party (especially niche third party) software is selling on the platform, which isn't extremely rosy.

Mario007

It's doing "okay" but not great. SE's last few releases on the platform didn't perform very well either.
True, though I would say that they were all shit or at least sub-par (with the exception of Theatherythm which was priced wrongly).I wonder how 4 Heroes of Light sold as well, if it sold badly then that could explain the reluctance here.

Lucentto

Banned
Didn't an interview say that they possibly wanted to bring over the social game first to build interest before they release the 3DS game?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

To be fair, a good argument can be made that Square has botched the series sales potential horribly and that the Kingdom Hearts brand no longer has the selling potential it once had.

More important is probably the larger trend we're seeing of Japanese publishers skewing away from localizations, particularly towards their handheld games.

rjc571

Banned
Maybe it's the European/ American Title for Bravely Default?
This is what I thought at first, but then I realized that it's Square-Enix, a.k.a. the most irrationally acting company ever, and adjusted my expectations accordingly.

Toki767

To be fair, a good argument can be made that Square has botched the series sales potential horribly and that the Kingdom Hearts brand no longer has the selling potential it once had.

More important is probably the larger trend we're seeing of Japanese publishers skewing away from localizations, particularly towards their handheld games.

While that's certainly true, you know in Square-Enix's eyes, they expected it to do much better than it did.

Coxy

All The Bravest = ATB so something using the FF battle system then so at least it shouldnt be some gree garbage or card game right? right?

Verelios

Or KH 3D was just honestly a bad game.

Bring on the social media S-E! This is our future...

Squire

Banned
All The Bravest = ATB so something using the FF battle system then so at least it shouldnt be some gree garbage or card game right? right?

I'm thinking the same, but no. They'll use that initial as much as possible and # it on Twitter and it almost assuredly connects it to FF, but it could still very likely be a browser/iOS game.

Edit: Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a social site for FFXIV or a SEM replacement altogether. The name would fit well for something like that.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I'm about ready to give up on Square-Enix. They're just not worth getting excited about anymore since they leave their worthwhile titles in Japan.

Famassu

True, though I would say that they were all shit or at least sub-par (with the exception of Theatherythm which was priced wrongly).I wonder how 4 Heroes of Light sold as well, if it sold badly then that could explain the reluctance here.
Their last few releases on 3DS in the west were Kingdom Hearts 3D, Theatrhythm & Heroes of Ruin. There's nothing subpar about Kingdom Hearts 3D (it was a bit rushed, but that mostly affected the framerate, which wasn't as smooth as it has usually been) and Theatrhythm is really good. Heroes of the Ruin is the only sub-par game and that wasn't even developed by them.

And yeah, AFAIK, 4 Warriors of Light sold like shit.

Any reason why this couldn't be the 3DS game? All the Bravest sounds like a better name even for the 3DS game than "Bravely Default".

Squire

Banned
I'm about ready to give up on Square-Enix. They're just not worth getting excited about anymore since they leave their worthwhile titles in Japan.

I'm with you, but their worthwhile titles are all western at this point. The Lightning saga is about as manifactured as CoD at this point snd I'd love to play Type-0, but I'm not getting on my hands and knees for a PSP game in 2012. It might be 40 hours, but my dignity lasts a life time.

Not to imply that this is Bravely Default US name, but there is no way that if it ever comes over it will come with that title.
I don't really think that anyone in the US-Europe is going to buy something with the word "default" in its title for the next few years...

Venus and Braves localization and NB is too busy so it's being handled by SE?!?!?!?!
lol

I wish!!! We all wish, actually, everybody should play that game!

Eusis

What's important though is how third party (especially niche third party) software is selling on the platform, which isn't extremely rosy.
Which is really frustrating because it's where most of the best Japanese output is anymore. Comes off as either the base not existing to a sufficient size, or the base actively acting against their own best interests (I'm guessing a mix of both actually).

Well, maybe once more and more keep coming, stuff that can rile people up more than something like Theatrhythm it'll be a bit better, or so I'd hope.

Top Bottom