• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GDC: Keiichi Yano Keynote - Inside Elite Beat Agents

farnham

Banned
ulllala ullala ullalalalo
ullala ullala ullalalala
ullala ulala ulla ulala

ulllala ullala ullalalalo
ullala ullala ullalalala
ullala ulala ulla ulala

nfreakct

Ouendan 2 shown. New gameplay features, new characters (a rival Ouendan group), no footage but some screenshots. Includes features designed for hardcore players.

nfreakct said:
Ouendan 2 shown. New gameplay features, new characters (a rival Ouendan group), no footage but some screenshots. Includes features designed for hardcore players.

OOOOOO YEAH BABY!

*sexes everyone in this thread*

thefro

It's a conference session, not a "keynote", just to nitpick.

The only GDC keynotes are Harrison and Miyamoto.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Done? Where are our screens??? And damn Nintendo for rejecting the platformer, I want to see something new from iNiS too, I hope their Wii game is original.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Did I hear someone say "Where are the shitty, off-angle, grainy snaps no better than Famitsu scans?" RIGHT HERE.

crap_ouendan_2.jpg

jj984jj

Geek said:
Did I hear someone say "Where are the shitty, off-angle, grainy snaps no better than Famitsu scans?" RIGHT HERE.

crap_ouendan_2.jpg
:lol

So the blog was right, it does look exactly like the first game.

LukeSmith

Donahoe did a nice job with the blog, there was no WiFi in the room and we have a lack of mobile cards at Ziff towers.

farnham said:
Ouendan 2

EBA 2

OUENDAN WII

Ouendan VS EBA

AWESOME!!!

As much as I would love to see those games, I hope that Nintendo won't turn these guys into the "Ouendan Studio" like they turned Retro into the "Metroid Studio". I'd hate to see them tire of their creation and leave the industry.

jj984jj

Zerodoppler said:
As much as I would love to see those games, I hope that Nintendo won't turn these guys into the "Ouendan Studio" like they turned Retro into the "Metroid Studio". I'd hate to see them tire of their creation and leave the industry.
Exactly, plus Ouendan wouldn't work on Wii.

farnham

Banned
Zerodoppler said:

i think retros next project was confirmed by Luke smith to be an RPG for 360

jj984jj said:
Exactly, plus Ouendan wouldn't work on Wii.

Gitaroo Man wouldn't work on the DS, which is why they made Ouendan. I doubt they'll just port the game over; maintaining the IP doesn't mean keeping the gameplay exactly the same.

Zerodoppler said:

Despite these games being published by Nintendo, I'm pretty sure Nintendo has no hold in iNis. They did put out Gitaroo Man Lives on the PSP last year.

TheGreatDave said:
Gitaroo Man wouldn't work on the DS, which is why they made Ouendan. I doubt they'll just port the game over; maintaining the IP doesn't mean keeping the gameplay exactly the same.

If they did Ouendan instead of Gitaroo Man, why wouldn't they just do a new IP instead of changing Ouendan?

Good job 1up. If I could only play Ouendan/EBA games from now on I'd die a happy gamer.
Great to hear EBA2 might be on the cards, definitely thought the poor sales would have put the kibosh on that. Hopefully Ouendan 2 will get the sales it so richly deserves.

jj984jj

TheGreatDave said:
Are you saying Ouendan is Gitaroo-Man on the DS? Anyway, I actually would like them to tackle a new genre on the Wii.

Mardak

It seems like there was a stage with a puppy at some point... but got removed because the puppy would die if you failed a section!

ouendanPuppy.jpg

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Awww, I was hoping the blue squad was evil and cheered for the people to fail! The Jeer squad! Oh well. I can't wait. And I'd imagine a Wii Ouendan would be like Wii music, where you wave the wiimote at the right time. Plus it'd probably need to be in a certain direction so you'd be simulating the cheers (dancing for EBAWii).

An Ouendan Vs EBA would be neat too.

Mardak

farnham said:
EBA has a puppy and a cat..
Sure, they might have starved or gotten electrocuted for a bit.. but those animals didn't get run over by a train if you didn't perform. :p

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Mardak said:
Sure, they might have starved or gotten electrocuted for a bit.. but those animals didn't get run over by a train if you didn't perform. :p

In my mind they did.

farnham

Banned
Mardak said:

the puppy died because it couldnt get home

the cat was killed by the mother for killing the baby

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
LukeSmith said:
Donahoe did a nice job with the blog, there was no WiFi in the room and we have a lack of mobile cards at Ziff towers.

Oh, so Donahoe wrote this blog? Someone go beat him up for this line:
"PSP: Gitaroo Man (boring!). DS: Elite Beat Agents (hot!)"

After his 10 for Hotel Dusk and this quote, I can safely discredit anything he ever says in the future.

Otherwise, good coverage.

SnowWolf said:
Oh, so Donahoe wrote this blog? Someone go beat him up for this line:
"PSP: Gitaroo Man (boring!). DS: Elite Beat Agents (hot!)"

After his 10 for Hotel Dusk and this quote, I can safely discredit anything he ever says in the future.

Otherwise, good coverage.
he probably meant it was boring because it was already done once

john tv

The Elite Beat Agents were at one time known as the Disco Rangers -- that was hilarious :lol

Great talk IMO.

Top Bottom