• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

War Thunder |OT| Tanks, Planes And Automobiles

Wace

1-2-...2-bis!

mpk122bis_08_1280O720_cbb686c413d310e054159b2f9434fd9c.jpg

Who cares about Switch when you can play with this beauty!

Wace

The game mode with the boats is available in the ps4?

Right now it's closed testing mode, so it's not available to anyone. However if you get access to the closed beta - you participate regardless of the platform.

The nearest testing is promised to be within next two weeks.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Right now it's closed testing mode, so it's not available to anyone. However if you get access to the closed beta - you participate regardless of the platform.

The nearest testing is promised to be within next two weeks.

Cool.When this mode hits the ps4 in public i want to try it.I'm waiting to world of warship arrives to consoles :(

Wace

Ships testing is live over this weekend:

The schedule for this weekend:

Friday 27th
17:00 GMT to 21:00 GMT

Saturday 28th
01:00 GMT to 05:00 GMT

Sunday 29th

Monday 30th
01:00 GMT tо 05:00 GMT

Wace

The schedule for this weekend:

Friday 3rd

Saturday 4th

Sunday 5th

Monday 6th
01:00 GMT tо 05:00 GMT

Wace

This weekend's schedule

The following vessels will be available for testing: armoured AF D1, MBK Pr. 186 and torpedo boats with powerful armament - Fairmile D 617-632, Elco PT 314. This weekend, participants of the Naval pre-beta test will be able to join a “Naval Battle” mission in the familiar location “Scandinavia” or the brand new “English Shore” .

The schedule remains the same:

Friday 10th - 17:00 GMT to 21:00 GMT
Saturday 11th - 01:00 GMT to 05:00 GMT and 17:00 GMT to 21:00 GMT
Sunday 12th - 01:00 GMT to 05:00 GMT and 17:00 GMT to 21:00 GMT
Monday 13th - 01:00 GMT to 05:00 GMT

Wace

Ok, this one is big.

PvE. PvE is coming in full glory, for all ranks, nations and vehicles. You can finally stop grinding your mega-expensive jets over top-level players and slaughter poor innocent bots!

2.jpg

More info

Wace

Ships update message

TLDR: yeah, we've fucked up a bit, so we're doing lots of things you told us about (without giving you credit for it), there'll be bigger ships, stay calm, carry on.

My belief is restored a bit.

shot%202017_7ba57d8b8ac7015a09bbf9e39e93576d_02_7ba57d8b8ac7015a09bbf9e39e93576d_20%2016_7ba57d8b8ac7015a09bbf9e39e93576d_29_7ba57d8b8ac7015a09bbf9e39e93576d_44_7ba57d8b8ac7015a09bbf9e39e93576d_f9475ebbbb1ba07c75d169d7e9cfe7b6.jpg

Wace

Wace, is Naval forces CBT with weekly betas or still only during weekends?

Right now they took a break, it was every weekend for a while, but stopped after April 10. I think we'll have something on or after Victory Day (May 8-9). Also, weekend "testing" was technically all the same thing with minor tweaks and bug fixing. All the things listed in update above were continuously mentioned in user requests, so, hopefully, they've started to think things through.

grmlin

So how is the game doing these days? Didn't play it for a year or even more and there was a ton of stuff added to the game, right?

I stopped playing the game because it was insanely frustrating to get into the higher tiers against all the top tier monster tanks you had to fight.

Wace

So how is the game doing these days?

Gameplay-wise there were no major changes. Lots of new vehicles & planes, some new maps & missions. Physics & graphics are better, damage and flight models improved as well. Still, tier 5 is a pain to play/grind even with premium account.

Also, they've started carpet-banning of PC cheaters, as server replays became available to everybody, so one can always prove (or not) his complaint with hard evidence. Ships were brutally criticized, so, most probably, they would be delayed for the better.

Helicopters appeared in April Fool's, they were fun.

Guess that's it.

Wace

I hope that videogame playing is the only World War experience any of us would ever get.

Make use of strategic opportunities on the operation map to gain the upper hand in battles, reduce your opponent’s numbers with each vehicle you destroy, and drive back the enemy with each victory – the outcome of some of the most important operations in the Second World War now depends on you!

The mode was rumored/leaked heavily before, but now we're starting to see some flesh on the bones of it.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
nm got it now lol

I'm actually considering buying the BM8 though after playing it for so long. Right now I'll stick with the Kat.

Wace

So I went to the trouble of unlocking this and now I'm not sure why.

I mainly play Arcade and this thing is like a big Christmas present for every plane out there to destroy with their MGs and crash into.

I did try using it in SB but it's so slow that I was worried that the battle might end before I got to the front.

In Arcade I've fully aced it while playing with BR 6.3 kind of opponents. Bear in mind - it is NOT AA gun, it's a kind of anti-tank mobile platform. Gun is very powerful and reload is quick. Just position yourself well enough (driver's cabin behind the wall, chassis behind the ledge, etc.) and rain the shells into the enemy. If you want to advance - do it backwards, gun forward and ready to fire.

Planes decimate most of the SPAAGs easily enough, so it's not an exception from the rules anyway. This thing can bring down planes by pure luck only, but it can effectively destroy most of the tanks with two shots maximum.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
In Arcade I've fully aced it while playing with BR 6.3 kind of opponents. Bear in mind - it is NOT AA gun, it's a kind of anti-tank mobile platform. Gun is very powerful and reload is quick. Just position yourself well enough (driver's cabin behind the wall, chassis behind the ledge, etc.) and rain the shells into the enemy. If you want to advance - do it backwards, gun forward and ready to fire.

Planes decimate most of the SPAAGs easily enough, so it's not an exception from the rules anyway. This thing can bring down planes by pure luck only, but it can effectively destroy most of the tanks with two shots maximum.

It must be me then. I keep losing money on this vehicle.

I HATE how inconsistent I am at this game.

Top Bottom