• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Anybody here going to the launch event this weekend? I work at Hi-Rez as a video writer/editor (I do most of the comedy stuff), so I'll be working it all weekend. If anyone's going, let me know, and I'll bring you a gift or two.

And awesome job on the OT BeekleMatter - looks great. Happy launch day, folks!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Anybody here going to the launch event this weekend? I work at Hi-Rez as a video writer/editor (I do most of the comedy stuff), so I'll be working it all weekend. If anyone's going, let me know, and I'll bring you a gift or two.

wish i could im in california but i wouldnt mind a 2014 guan yu skin just kicking that around lol

Credit to Hi-Rez, the '$30 to unlock all gameplay affecting stuff' is really good. A sensible person can spend a sane amount of money and essentially get the 'full' game. All while still getting the population boost of a microtransaction based game.

Seems like the best of both worlds, and I wish more games did that.

Thanks! I wish I could make it, but this whole college thing is doing work on my free time -_-

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
just tried the practice conquest mode with bots wanted to play around with dark lord skin for wukong since i dont play my 30 much and man those bots arnt bad they even killed me once if they were up against new players i think they would have a even challenge the bots would pull off some tough stuff like anhur using shifting sands and stunning me to it with impale then using his ult point blank so yeah if you are looking to play with only bots i would say its viable

BurningNad

Of course the CG intro opens with Thor... you can't get any more badass than that.

Edit: Now that we got the extra gems... can you believe I don't know what to spend them on? I have just about everything I could want... Mmmaayyyybbbeeee Frost Maiden Freya... but I don't play her often anymore. Ugh! Sitting on 1316 right now.

exfatal

Man i've palyed global agenda and found it alright but left due to reasons. But i truly love this game wasnt much of a fan of MOBA games, i played dota 2m, it being my first moba and it was ok but lost interest and everyone a jerk on there -_- But smite really love the idea of using gods and the fast paced batttles, also the 3rd person view. I suggest people give it a shot if they enjoy MOBA type games, or hell just a good game in general.

Liberty4all

Banned
Man i've palyed global agenda and found it alright but left due to reasons. But i truly love this game wasnt much of a fan of MOBA games, i played dota 2m, it being my first moba and it was ok but lost interest and everyone a jerk on there -_- But smite really love the idea of using gods and the fast paced batttles, also the 3rd person view. I suggest people give it a shot if they enjoy MOBA type games, or hell just a good game in general.

Same here. I had tried DOTA2 and LoL but they just didn't capture my imagination the way Smite did. Smite has been a nightly affair for me for almost 2 years now.

Same here. I had tried DOTA2 and LoL but they just didn't capture my imagination the way Smite did. Smite has been a nightly affair for me for almost 2 years now.

Yep, I think the simple idea of using Ancient gods instead of invented fantasy heroes is genius. How cool is to be Thor, Poseidon, Apollo, Odin, Anubis or Kali, and fight other gods. Lots of them are known figures by the public so they can connect easily, there is lots of variety in the myhos and enough gods to make 100 characters as you use more Pantheons, and you can use the lore to invent their skills in game.

Some Erez spoils from the tournament:

15:22 HiRezErez: A conquest mode with siege engines that help you push lanes?

15:24 HiRezErez: Smite on PS4?

15:25 HiRezErez: Big fat huardian

15:26 HiRezErez: We actually are looking at the oculus

a 10v10 that lasts about 20-30 min - by /u/DjMikey

New game mode comming up next week. - by /u/Javiklegrand

15:56 HiRezErez: 63 gem icon?

15:59 HiRezErez: Pirate Tyr?

15:59 HiRezErez: Icon on loading screen?
http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/21lj5r/hirezerez_tournament_spoils/

Gotta love High Rez. This tournament is great to watch. I cant wait until DryRezBear has his turn to announce though. That man is an amazing announcer.

Mmm that Bakasura played by Xalilea in the second game. Lots of people hyping Chaac in the tourney, and he comes an oldie barely picked like Baka and owns him.

fuzaco

Gotta love High Rez. This tournament is great to watch. I cant wait until DryRezBear has his turn to announce though. That man is an amazing announcer.

That man is an amazing everything. He is handsome and smart, has a great personality, a good talker, and just got a great job at HiRez. I hate him.

Holy shit that Dignitas teamwork. They are shitting on SK Gaming. That first match was so amazing.

Dem Jukes. That second match was pretty crazy as well. SK got crushed.

Holy shit that Dignitas teamwork. They are shitting on SK Gaming. That first match was so amazing.

Dem Jukes. That second match was pretty crazy as well. SK got crushed.

Agh spoilers! :p :p

I'm watching it, but not live because Twitch stutters as hell, I have to watch it 30-45 minutes later, from the recorded video.

But yeah, Dig showing the difference between NA and EU. And I say that as European!

edit: omg the jukes in the second Dig game

Liberty4all

Banned
Haha I felt the same way. It's the only cool skin I have! Well, aside from Cacodemon Ymir, which will become more and more rare as time goes on and the old beta players stop playing.

I've got alienware Ra, jack o lantern Thanatos (I rarely see that one), Winter Olympic Athena, and Valentine Change.

I wish I had bought the Xmas skins for fenir and hel.

The only skins I have are the Mischevious Neith recolor skin, the Stargazer Anubis skin, the Dark Lord Sun Wukong skin, the sungazer Ra, and the Alienware Ra. Honestly the Stargazer and Dark Lord ones are my favorites. I just with they had made sith animals for Wukong's transformations instead of poses.

Liberty4all

Banned
Some Erez spoils from the tournament:

15:22 HiRezErez: A conquest mode with siege engines that help you push lanes?

15:24 HiRezErez: Smite on PS4?

15:25 HiRezErez: Big fat huardian

15:26 HiRezErez: We actually are looking at the oculus

a 10v10 that lasts about 20-30 min - by /u/DjMikey

New game mode comming up next week. - by /u/Javiklegrand

15:56 HiRezErez: 63 gem icon?

15:59 HiRezErez: Pirate Tyr?

15:59 HiRezErez: Icon on loading screen?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/21lj5r/hirezerez_tournament_spoils/

well that would be pretty sweet.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
wow this talk about skins had me wondering how much ive spent on smite holy shit look at this madness p.s. the madness will continue
holyfreetoplaybatman_zps8bfad957.jpg

holyfreetoplaybatmantherefreeaning_zps40d983e1.jpg

So apparently last night I told my friends I'd play LoL with them (they love the game and keep wanting me to play) for at least 2 weeks or something... Well, I got on today to play a normal to remember how to play and my god...

It is the most boring game ever. After playing Smite I couldn't even focus on what was happening; I was falling asleep on my desk. This is gonna be a shitty 2 weeks.

Bob White

Stopped playing League because this game is more lax and fun. I don't know what it is but everything just feels quicker and more stream lined than the other mobas.

And I just love the fact that supports are so fucking strong. Thank you to any devs reading this.

On the topic of LoL, I had tried it a while ago at the suggestion of some friends and absolutely hated the game. It was so boring that I couldn't stand it. If it wasn't for one of my best friends convincing me to give Smite a try, I would have never touched MOBAs again because of LoL.

Smite is just so fast paced, and skill based. In my opinion, the third person view is a large part of what makes the game so damn special.

Top Bottom