• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mystery C&C3 announcement August 7th [will be revolutionized?]

Jel0man

The teaser image below reveals that EA will make a C&C 3 related announcement on August 7th. It could be something small, but then again, it could be about a new expansion.

66e1grr.jpg

Our 1UP spies used our patented brand of trickery to get a hold of the mysterious teaser image pictured above, which has been circulating in the e-mails of Electronic Arts employees involved with the recently released Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars.

So what does it all mean? The only thing we know for sure is that some C&C3-related announcement will be hitting EA's official site for the game on Auguest 7th. The image is also appearing on the site now. The news could be anything from a new expansion or game announcement to a patch release to -- hell, maybe it's just a website redesign. Whatever's going down, we'll be there to catch it in a couple of weeks.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161559

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
"Will be revolutionized"?

Sounds pretty big. My first thought would be a PS3 port.

8bit

Knows the Score
Wii port.

Not a lot of people know this, but the Wii was developed under the codename Revolution.

Zeppu

my bet is that it's an expansion...

hopefully a good one..tho C&C never really disappoints with expansions

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
either an expansion

or a ps3 port. i doubt the wii will see any version of 3. it'd have to get its own game or a port of the first two games or whatever

Well it's an EA game

EA is trying to get on board with the Wii

They'll probably start with ports/new versions of existing games

'revolutionized' is a big hint

...connect the dots

Hooker

1 of the 2 expansions probably (we still have a blue/purple C&C3 logo to go for)

All passé though, CoH forever :D!!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
echoshifting said:
Well it's an EA game

EA is trying to get on board with the Wii

They'll probably start with ports/new versions of existing games

'revolutionized' is a big hint

...connect the dots

how about this?

Tiberium WAR

Revolutions in the normal context are about WAR

connecting a dottt

Dies Iræ

EA's cheap enough to port C&C3 to Wii rather than give it a proper grounds up title. It could happen.

davepoobond said:
Revolutions in the normal context are about WAR

Yeah, apparently that Agricultural Revolution was a real bloodbath.

Risby

Hey, porting is a hustle. Making an expansion is supereasy now when they have the engine and map-tools already for the PC.
And it sold pretty well...

Funny thing, EA releases a game - 4 months after, if it sold well they make an announcement about the expansion, then it takes 4 month till it's released. So in late november/early december the expansion will be here, trust me. Like BFME II, released in March like C&C3, then 27 juli they announce the Witch King-expansion, later released in november.

Borys

Banned
Wait a second didn't EA just said that they were betting on a wrong horse with PC/ 360 push and they would be moving more titles and franchises to the Wii?

[Nintex]

The white and blue is an odd design choise, unless this picture is made by monkey or it is indeed something about a Wii version.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I feel like there's been a lot of rumors/buzz about a Wii version..so maybe its that.

Would be welcome.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
People need to follow the C&C series to understand what is going to happen next. The expansion will be announced, and there will be a new side which is the combination of NOD and GDI which will fight against the alies from C&C3. Thats what they mean by revolution. That has never been seen before, only during the last missions of the NOD campaign. Also, Kane and Cain will be revealed as only one person.

Top Bottom