• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

Zubz

Banned
Boo feels like the odd one out in the Mario set. He's the only enemy there. Would've made sense to include him in a future wave with Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy etc.

Boo is one of the most popular Mario enemies, though, especially when it comes to being playable (I think Dry Bones and Shy Guy are the only ones more popular in that regard). Plus, they have a hook with Boo, making it glow in the dark. I don't know what they could have done with a Goomba that would've made it special outside of being a Goomba.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
WALUIGI IS REAL YEAHHH

YOU KNOW IT THORAXES

BJ8GTmQ.gif

image.php
image.php
image.php

Living the dream!

So the new Mario series amiibo up for preorder yet?

DooD pls Amazon links a few posts back

Wave 2 of Super Mario is also available for preorder on Amazon right now:
Waluigi
Wario
Daisy
Boo
Rosalina
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pre-ordered Waluigi, Daisy, & Boo from Amazon.

...........YET I STILL CAN'T PRE-ORDER CALLIE & MARIE, WTF

DooD1234

DooD pls Amazon links a few posts back

Looking for Best Buy links Diggeh because I don't have Amazon prime. Also went ahead and preorder Callie and Marie because I forgot they were suppose to come out soon. You have the best front page to keep up to date on amiibo.

MANUELF

Banned
IM IN FOR THE BEST AMIIBO EVER!!!!!
OUR BENEVOLENT LORD AND KING WALUIGI!!!!!!!
Because there is no time like WALUIGI TIME!!!!!!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Craaaaaaap, I forgot to pre-order Wario from Amazon. Oh well, least I remembered to add Daisy to my pre-order of Waluigi & Boo.

Hopefully this time, I can actually nab Wario in time & not have to resort to importing. I would like to have classic Wario to go along with WarioWare clothed Wario.

So the Guardian is definitely getting premium pricing, right? Probably anywhere from $17-$20 methinks.

No new Princess Zelda or Green Tunic amiibo for Breath of the Wild?

*suspicions mount*

IIRC they explicitly said these are the first Zelda amiibo.

Wave 2 confirmed. :p Hell, maybe even more for wave 1 confirmed. Link's still one of the, if not the, all-time best seller, right?

KingBroly

Banned
So the Guardian is definitely getting premium pricing, right? Probably anywhere from $17-$20 methinks.

IIRC they explicitly said these are the first Zelda amiibo.

Wave 2 confirmed. :p Hell, maybe even more for wave 1 confirmed. Link's still one of the, if not the, all-time best seller, right?

Link
Toon Link
Wolf Link
Archer Link
Rider Link

Only Yoshi has that more

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mario
Gold Mario
Silver Mario
Dr. Mario
Super Mario Mario
8-Bit Mario
8-Bit Mario (modern)

Yoshi's in 2nd place with the 4 Yarn Yoshis, SSB Yoshi, & Super Mario Yoshi. Link's in 3rd.

Just wait until we get Young Link, Skyward Sword Link, 8-Bit Link, Linkle, OoT Link, Link Between Worlds, Faces of Evil Link......

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Oh boy new Zelda amiibo!

Restricted myself yesterday, my local EB had some amiibo half price and all I got was Charizard. Nearly got pacman too but the box was damaged.

G0523

Boo feels like the odd one out in the Mario set. He's the only enemy there. Would've made sense to include him in a future wave with Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy etc.
Just wait till wave 3...

Notice how Bowser Jr. isn't getting another amiibo yet he's also playable in the new Mario Party game?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

I would lose my shit for Koopa Troopa and Goomba Amiibos. (Shy Guy not so much.)

For some reason, I've always liked the enemies more than the heroes in the Mario series.

Zalman

Just wait till wave 3...

Notice how Bowser Jr. isn't getting another amiibo yet he's also playable in the new Mario Party game?
Yeah, I feel like the Super Mario series is something they can always continue as they constantly have new Mario games in development. I think Bowser Jr. would have made more sense than Boo right now, given the rest of the wave, but I could see them thinking they'd rather have a brand new character right now instead of someone who's already in Smash. That makes sense as well.

kunonabi

I am so freaking pumped about Daisy getting an Amiibo finally. Hopefully somewhere down the line we can get a sports variant too.

Looks like I'm up to 26 Amiibo to get although I'll probably end up getting more than that since all the animal crossing ones are so cheap.

Code:
Diggeh	680
Zonic	630
Curler	564
silkysmooth	412
KingBroly	326
Gaiaknight	312
SmackAttack	287
friskykillface	254
LiK	253
Toki767	215
Danthrax	194