• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Saddest thing about this is a company that seems to have no love anymore for its heritage.

You'd think at least someone in the company would have wanted the game to come out as much as the fans. The cost of development would have been peanuts compared to what else they are doing as well.

If games like this can't find a home on the 3DS then it does make me worry what we are going to get in the future. Vita will do well from shared HD development and hand-me-downs, but I thought the 3DS would be the bridge from old-school games to that.

Nintendo have really ballsed up the launch with a catch-22 situation: people needed a big Nintendo game to buy the system, shift units and create a buzz about it, 3rd parties needed a lot of units sold to see sales. Without the big title, at a high price, and with the DS and Pokemon going strong, it just didn't happen. Mario Kart will make it take off, but by then 3rd parties will have allocated things differently and we might be left with a Wii situation.

BurntPork

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
BurntPork, being a negative person is fine.

I just wish you would be good at the thinking part of it.
Do you really think that there's any chance that RE:R is even being considered as a 3DS release anymore, especially after RE:M3D flopped hard? You know that development has already halted and that assets are being moved to Vita and/or the HD twins.

BurntPork said:
Do you really think that there's any chance that RE:R is even being considered as a 3DS release anymore, especially after RE:M3D flopped hard? You know that development has already halted and that assets are being moved to Vita and/or the HD twins.
Boy, please. Right now you are doing the most.

Relax.MX

This generation has been a disappointment with the Japanese companies

Question:

In the classics of videogames only Nintendo franchises, are maintained with contemporary popularity and quality..Mario and Zelda are the last?

Takao said:
This makes me wonder, who doesn't hate Capcom right now? This is the list of people they've pissed off:

I guess Dead Rising fans are cool with them?

nah capcom has fucked over DR fans with a lame cash grab and by dumbing down the core experience with checkpoints.

BY2K

Membero Americo
BurntPork said:

I'm bookmarking this post.

Either it will come back to hunt you, either you'll have the right to laugh at everyone.

Vamphuntr

BurntPork said:

It's still going to be a 3DS release. I wouldn't be surprised if it's ported elsewhere though.

mr_chun said:
The first one was loveless and incomplete... but I don't think it sucked. I'm having a lot of fun with it, at any rate. That counts for something, right? RIGHT?

Capcom doesn't care about your fun, they only thing Capcom counts is the money you spent on a loveless and incomplete game.

Eusis

BurntPork said:
Do you really think that there's any chance that RE:R is even being considered as a 3DS release anymore, especially after RE:M3D flopped hard?
Given that they included a playable demo with RE:M3D and are probably pretty far along in development pulling that would be completely fucking ridiculous. More likely they'd prep a port to Vita much like RE4 to PS2.

BurntPork said:

RE:M3D didn't flop in Japan

neptunes

GoldandBlue said:
I don't exactly remember the first year or two for the DS being hot either. Like all things it'll take time.

I expect the same thing to happen for the first year or two for Vita.
Kirby's Canvas Curse, Meteos, Super Monkey Ball, Super Princess Peach, Mr. Driller, Wario Ware, Metroid Hunters, MARIO, Advance Wars DS all within the first year

3DS is tracking WAY behind in terms of quality content released within the first year

I'm not really saying everything looks stellar. I'm saying that I'm reading the same damn responses that were said during the DS' first year on NSider as a wee-tot. I'm seeing nearly the exact same senario as the DS' first year. Limited content with little announced in the immediate future.

It's eerily the same. I just wonder how many times this same senario has to play out before people learn.

I'm not even going to jump in to the debate of 3DS v Vita. I'm just saying anyone already marking a time of death isn't responding or thinking in a rational manner at all.

BurntPork said:
Depends on how the P&L on Mercs shakes out.

Even then, I don't think it will be moved or canceled. Ported, probably, but that's Capcom.

I know it's your thing to fly in and say something stupid, but being confident about ignorance is sadder than just being ignorant.

Colonel Mustard said:
I'm not really saying everything looks stellar. I'm saying that I'm reading the same damn responses that were said during the DS' first year on NSider as a wee-tot. I'm seeing nearly the exact same senario as the DS' first year. Limited content with little announced in the immediate future.

It's eerily the same. I just wonder how many times this same senario has to play out before people learn.

I'm not even going to jump in to the debate of 3DS v Vita. I'm just saying anyone already marking a time of death isn't responding or thinking in a rational manner at all.
Pretty much. I remember my earliest games for the DS being like Feel The Magic, Mario 64, and Super Princess Peach.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Colonel Mustard said:

The difference is last time Nintendo effectively got lucky and called the whole casual thing before it took off. Touchscreen was the birth of all the casual stuff, so the DS going with that meant they were on totally the right track before smartphones and everything else came in.

I can't see what the equivalent for the 3DS is going to be because it is everywhere now. So it's going to come down to having some VERY strong games. Mario Kart will do it, and the old faithfuls but you are preaching to the choir with them and you will just have a Nintendo platform again.

The other problem with the 3DS is, like the Wii it needs dedicated resources from publishers to develop for. It's a risk to develop for, the costs are raised a lot from the DS, which is why we are seeing things cancelled. Vita may have it's own problems again like the PSP did, but that it one thing it is neatly side-stepping as development is shared with the HD consoles. In effect the Vita becomes a 3rd revenue stream, which is the same tactic Nintendo are trying with the Wii U.

mr_chun

Caddywompus said:
Capcom doesn't care about your fun, they only thing Capcom counts is the money you spent on a loveless and incomplete game.
Nice to see you, buddy. [face_hugs]

And how right you are. :p

Vamphuntr

neptunes said:
Kirby's Canvas Curse, Meteos, Super Monkey Ball, Super Princess Peach, Mr. Driller, Wario Ware, Metroid Hunters, MARIO, Advance Wars DS all within the first year

3DS is tracking WAY behind in terms of quality content released within the first year

Castlevania DOS too...

Seik

Banned
1227947582682fq2.png

leroidys

Fuck you Capcom, seriously, fuck you.

It's one thing to never release a sequel. It's another thing entirely to announce and develop a long awaited sequel with tons of fan input and then cancel it. Fuck.

All my Capcom games will be bought used now. This company will not get a penny from me. (Yes, I mad)

neptunes

Vamphuntr said:
Castlevania DOS too...
I don't get where this notion that the DS was going through a similar drought when it released. Maybe for the first 3-4 months (and thats debatable) but games were being released quickly after launch.

Maybe were seeing the effects of a longer-dev cycle for your average 3DS game. With the DS devs could have gotten away with releasing titles that could have passed as regular GBA games. With the 3DS. the expectations are much higher, look at the people complaining that MGS3D looks like a PS2 game/port. (myself included)

neptunes said:

Pilot Wings, Street Fighter, Monkey Ball, Mario, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Star Fox, Zelda, Dead or Alive, Metal Gear, Tales of the Abyss, Cubic Ninja, Resident Evil and Luigis Mansion are all within the 3DS' first year.

Might just be me, but seems far more varied with more quality than the OG DS' first year.

Edit: I forgot about Catlevania DOS. Shame about the new art-direction. But it is one of my top 5 handheld games of all time.

Busaiku

Colonel Mustard said:
Pilot Wings, Street Fighter, Monkey Ball, Mario, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Star Fox, Zelda, Tekken, Metal Gear, Tales of the Abyss, Cubic Ninja, Resident Evil and Luigis Mansion are all within the 3DS' first year.

Might just be me, but seems far more varied with more quality than the OG DS' first year.
Luigi's Mansion isn't this year, and there have been no indications of Tekken being this year either.

EvilNando

Neo Member
Well fuck it

after the RE fiasco no AAI2 delayed for more than a year for SSF4 on PC

F U C K
Y O U
C A P C O M

Not buying anything from CAPCOM ever again (and honestly with their upcoming lineup I really have no reason why not to)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BurntPork said:
RE: Revelations will be moved to Vita. Capcom will announce this at TGS. Square Enix will do the same with Kingdom Hearts. Third-parties were expecting another PS2. We didn't get it, so now we're stuck with Wii-level third-party support.

Revelations will be released on the 3DS, then quickly ported to Vita / iPhone / whatever.

Vamphuntr

Colonel Mustard said:
Pilot Wings, Street Fighter, Monkey Ball, Mario, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Star Fox, Zelda, Dead or Alive, Metal Gear, Tales of the Abyss, Cubic Ninja, Resident Evil and Luigis Mansion are all within the 3DS' first year.

Edit: I forgot about Catlevania DOS. Shame about the new art-direction. But it is one of my top 5 handheld games of all time.

Well yes but all the bolded are basically port of HD, PS2 or N64 games... This is not what I call quality.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Busaiku said:
Luigi's Mansion isn't this year, and there have been no indications of Tekken being this year either.
The 3DS wasn't released on January 1st.

Jinfash said:
AWESOME

FIRST MML3 IS CANCELLED AND NOW ONE PIECE HAS BEEN SPOILED FOR ME!
Seriously. Fuck this shit. Why did the guy have to tell the world what that panel was?

Some people.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
This is the first thing that's happened that has pissed me off at the state of the 3DS.

I really wanted games like this to find a home on the platform, and if Capcom can't justify the increased expense of development with one of their own iconic characters for fuck's sake then who is going to step up to the plate and take the risk.

Nintendo should start throwing moneyhats around or something, this wouldn't be a very expensive one.

Sennorin

Banned
I can´t wait for the next Nintendo event where we´ll get to hear about the 3DS´ second wave of games. That´s going to be a more representative conclusion for the near future of the system.

Jinfash said:
AWESOME

FIRST MML3 IS CANCELLED AND NOW ONE PIECE HAS BEEN SPOILED FOR ME!

Use it as an excuse to drop One Piece. It sucks anyway.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sennorin said:
I can´t wait for the next Nintendo event where we´ll get to hear about the 3DS´ second wave of games. That´s going to be a more representative conclusion for the near future of the system.

Pressure is building on Nintendo's TGS/October event.

Confidence to restore in the 3DS, and the Wii U's clusterfuck reveal to undo.

Delio

DECK'ARD said:
Pressure is building on Nintendo's TGS/October event.

Confidence to restore in the 3DS, and the Wii U's clusterfuck reveal to undo.

I doubt they will get the confidence back. Going by Gaf the 3DS is basically boned now and wont recover.

Vamphuntr said:
Well yes but all the bolded are basically port of HD, PS2 or N64 games... This is not what I call quality.
Ports yes.

Within the DS' first year I only had ports of Super Mario 64, Ridge Racer 64, Rayman 64 (really the PS1 version?) A cell phone port of Chaos Theory. The worst Monkey Ball ever.

My hipoints were Castlevania, Feel the Magic, Mister Driller, Kirby and Advanced Wars.

For what's been announced for the first year. I feel that the 3DS offers more. Not that that's saying much.

This kinda sucks. Unlike most of you, I've never played the original MML Games. I don't know what I'm missing. but I do love Mega Man. Now it seems that the only franchises I care about from Capcom are Street Fighter (kinda/sorta) and Monster Hunter. RE: mercs is kinda meh. My 3DS would be ok without it. lol

jokkir

neptunes said:

Metroid Prime Hunters did not come out the first year of when the DS was released. I would know as I was probably one of the top players of that game in the first year or so >__>.

Anyway, the year isn't over yet so you can't really compare it as of yet.

Top Bottom