• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal Tournament 3 Titan pack Now Available! (For PC)

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
“Unreal Tournament 3: Titan Pack” includes:
  • 16 environments – four Warfare, three vCTF, six Deathmatch, and three CTF maps – that are new to the PC and PS3 versions
  • Three bonus pack maps, CTF-Face, CTF-Searchlight and DM-Morbias
  • The namesake Titan mutator, which lets players overwhelm opponents as a 15 foot tall titan, or crush them as a 30 foot tall Behemoth
  • Greed and Betrayal, two gametypes that breed new-found fervor throughout the competitive UT3 arena
  • Two powerful weapons, the Stinger Turret and Eradicator Cannon artillery
  • Two valuable deployables, the X-Ray Field and Link Station
  • The Slow Field power-up, a portable version of the Slow Field deployable
  • Stealthbender, a new vehicle that carries two spidermine trap deployables, one EMP mine, and one each of the new Link Station and X-Ray Field deployables
  • Two new characters, Nova and Kana
  • 57 awards attainable as Steam Achievements and PS3 Trophies
  • Broad improvements for PC and PS3: Significant AI enhancements, especially in vehicle gametypes; networking performance upgrades; greatly improved menu flow and UI usability; better mod support
  • Client-side demo recording, highly improved Server Browser, a new maplist system, plus mid-game mutator and gametype voting functionality for PC
  • High demand PS3 features including PS3 Trophy support, two-player split-screen support, and mod browsing

16 new maps:
Hostile (Warfare)
Many research vessels were lost in the early days of Na Pali exploration. When the terrain or local fauna proved to be too dangerous for recovery, equipment was often abandoned and forgotten. But when it was learned that the Necris had moved in to recover this equipment for their own purposes, the NEG dispatched military salvage units to reclaim their property.

Confrontation (Warfare)
Confrontation Canyon serves as a training ground for Axon forces, improving unit readiness by providing highly realistic, stressful training across the full spectrum of infantry and mechanized conflict. It is the premiere facility for heavy armor training, and all forces must complete courses here before assignment to a Leviathan unit.

Cold Harbor (Warfare)
Axon's Stealth Research Division managed to get some of the early specs for the Necris Nightshade vehicle and have been attempting to retrofit that technology onto their own. The Necris have moved to stop this research, and despite the blockade that sealed the harbor when the NEG enforced the armistice, they have maintained a foothold here and are fervently working to destroy all remaining Axon research.

Downtown_Necris (Warfare)
The Necris are invading territories throughout Taryd, infecting conquered areas with Nanoblack to terraform them to suit their own needs. You must push back the Necris forces and restore order to this sector.

Stranded (Vehicle CTF)
Civilian contractors are often used to reliably transport supplies and equipment over short distances on Taryd, but when this cargo ship full of Axon supplies ran aground in Izanagi territory, a military unit was quickly dispatched to defend the area until a full extraction team could be assembled.

Rails (Vehicle CTF)
Even areas of new construction can be exploited as weak points in Oxida Nova's defenses, so the Iron Guard has established a series of mobile turrets to patrol the perimeter of this worksite. With several city blocks of terrain to cover, including an access point through the city's canal system, protecting this site will be a challenge to even the most experienced of teams.

Suspense_Necris (Vehicle CTF)
Suspense is the only bridge across the Alluvion strong enough to support the weight of heavy combat vehicles. It is under attack by Necris forces that control one river bank.

Dark Match (Deathmatch)
In preparation for the assault on Oxida Nova, Izanagi bombers targeted supply lines and other sites of important infrastructure. This power station was one of the first to be hit, and is now left to defend itself while running only on auxiliary reserves. Attack forces have moved in, and the facility's lights haven't even been restored. This level provides a unique twist on deathmatch in a darkened laboratory lit intermittently by a particle accelerator and emergency lights, and by muzzle flashes and explosions.

Ocean Relic (Deathmatch)
This ancient structure was discovered in the depths of an ocean rift 53 miles off the southern coast of Absalom. While the planet's seemingly endless supply of sentient Nanoblack has kept the facility active, its origins and ultimate purpose remain a mystery. This level features the slow field powerup, a portable version of the slow field deployable.

Eden, Inc. (Deathmatch)
This industrial complex was once a hydroponic research facility focused on saving rare and endangered species. When their grant ran out, funds dried up and all work was suspended. Months later, demo crews moved in to pave the path for a new highway and found that many of the research seedlings had taken root and continued to grow. This level features the introduction of deployables to deathmatch, with both a spidermine trap and an X-Ray field deployable available.

Turbine (Deathmatch)
Axon Research Corporation has many geothermal power stations just like this scattered across the northern reaches of Taryd. They form a tight grid that supplies power to the research facilities and military installations common to the area. This level features the return of a classic Unreal Tournament deathmatch layout.

Koos Barge (Deathmatch)
Continuing their long tradition of expertly crafted sea vessels, Koos Shipping now offers barge services across all of Taryd's oceans and waterways. While the prices are exorbitant, they're the only line that guarantees that your shipment will arrive on time and undamaged, even when shipping lanes take them across the frozen polar regions.

Lost Cause (Deathmatch)
The Necris have not revealed the original purpose of this crumbling structure, nor have they explained why it was decommissioned. It stands on the cliffs of Absalom as a monument to history, a living link to the Necris ancestors.

Morbid (CTF)
Morbias Station Gamma is a transport hub that services overflow traffic passing through Taryd's jumpgates. The Station offers a terrestrial shuttle, storage facilities (with quarantine services for live cargo), and a social center where guests can meet incoming visitors or hold private meetings in a neutral setting. Designed for use with the Titan mutator, Morbid includes heavy blast doors that can only be operated by Titans.

Nanoblack (CTF)
Giant vats of Nanoblack are processed and stored in facilities like this one across Omicron. The structures are largely self-sustaining once operational, and are upheld with much reverence by those who respect the power and significance of the Nanoblack seething within. Public access is highly restricted.

Shaft (CTF)
The substrata mines of Taryd produced over 800 gigatons of Tarydium last year alone. Production never stops here, not even for war, and mining drones will remain operational even as chaos erupts around them.

Source

Titan mode looks awesome
Titan.jpg

I wish people played this game more. Often I have to resort to playing against bots due to the lag of people online in the modes I like. :'(

Baron

Hm. I picked up the PS3 version at a good price recently, but haven't really played it much at all. This sounds like a really fun addition of maps and modes. I can't recall - can I use a mouse and keyboard on the PS3 version?

godhandiscen

Baron said:
Hm. I picked up the PS3 version at a good price recently, but haven't really played it much at all. This sounds like a really fun addition of maps and modes. I can't recall - can I use a mouse and keyboard on the PS3 version?
Yes.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
High demand PS3 features including PS3 Trophy support, two-player split-screen support, and mod browsing

Wow. Nice. Too bad Killzone is coming out soon, but I might put this pack in for twitchy action.

godhandiscen

Odrion said:
Not for 360 huh. :[
Well, the 360 already had Achievements and split screen. I am pretty sure the new maps and modes will make their way to the 360 in an update later.

godhandiscen

Aru said:
Free patch ??
If so, it's awesome. Otherwise, I won't bother...
Yes, free on both platforms. Also, people with the boxed version of UT3 PC get all the Steam integration which is sweet.

Aladuf

Banned
Sounds like a hell of a patch, I haven't played the PS3 version in forever so I might give it a spin when the patch comes out.

Baron

godhandiscen said:

Do you play the PS3 version? If so, I might be up for some UT. My PSN is "indigentia" if you'd like to add me. I may be putting most of my time into Burnout Paradise over the next week, though.

Matter of fact, anyone looking for a PS3 compatriot online should add me. What little I played of UT3 so far I liked a great deal.

godhandiscen

Baron said:
Do you play the PS3 version? If so, I might be up for some UT. My PSN is "indigentia" if you'd like to add me. I may be putting most of my time into Burnout Paradise over the next week, though.
I play the PC version though.
Stoney Mason said:
If a tree falls in a forest and...
Fuck you.

Irnbru

Good to hear, play UT3 once in a while for old times sakes, glad to hear they are adding support for it on the PS3 >D

Shnookums

Patch sounds good. A bunch of friends have grabbed it for very cheap for PC recently so this sounds like it could make for a fun game with friends even if it remains dead as a pub game.

Tain

This was such an awesome purchase.

It's already a great game buried under some serious interface issues, and it sounds like this will do more then make up for that.

yessss

I actually obtained this for PS3 through my work last year. Less than a week later I had traded it in. Just wasn't enough people online.

Luckily, (I've said this way too much past couple days) my new computer should be arriving in a week or two. This will allow me to play Bioshock, Orange Box, etc. off Steam again and games like Fallout 3 (which I already own on PS3) and Crysis on MAX again.

Hopefully there are more people playing this on PC then on 360/PS3.

ocadman

godhandiscen said:
[*]High demand PS3 features including PS3 Trophy support, two-player split-screen support, and mod browsing

High demand? Really?! Are people still playing this online? I'd pick it up if I could find it for under $10. Awesome nonetheless

NemesisPrime said:
Nice patch... but almost everybody has moved on. Servers are empty.

It's UT. UT is the online game you never play online.

Assuming they fix the AI that is. Stupid bots keep trying to walk into walls.

High demand for trophy support? The last time I put the game into my PS3 there were only like 50 people playing online at the time across all games modes. I wish other developers would take the time to support old games like this, especially by putting trophies into games.

Hopefully this will put a little bit of life into the game again, at least for a little while.

Kevin

They need to release the Linux client that has been done for over a year and just sitting around on a shelf.

Ploid 3.0

Looks like I'm going to pick up the ps3 version. After a few months with KZ2 though. It should be pretty cheap now.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wow, what a huge update... and its for free!(Its free right?)
I should get this game.

Crye

This sounds awesome but I really hope they take their time with it...
I'm currently working on creating an artillery piece and no doubt their Eradicator Cannon artillery will blow my one outta the water, I want my 5 mins of fame! ;(

They really should make this stand-alone if they want it to be as successful as it potentially could be.

Edit: Woah, I do believe I made a stupid this is a content patch not a expansion of sorts :D

Adding split-screen to the PS3 version is pretty damn impressive. Good work, Epic! I have both teh PS3 and PC versions so I'll give UT3 another shot when it hits.

Top Bottom