• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and the Black Knight (Wii) revealed in new Nintendo Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that sword silhouette from last months Nintendo Power? The new cover of this month's issue has Sonic holding a sword in a new Wii game. Will post more when more is revealed in the actual issue.

Sonic + Swords? o__O

sonicsword.jpg

M74

Sega Sonic Team does it again? :lol

Oh, and ib4 the inevitable 1:1 sword fighting speculation.

Zenith

Banned
so we have Sonic and werewolves.
Sonic and turn-based RPGs
and now Sonic with sword fighting.

how can a pubisher be so blind as to the wants of its fanbase and the bashing of professional critics. it's like they're doing this intentionally.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This sounds awesome! Sonic, who is known for his brawling and fighting, is going to be super awesome in a fighting game! Frankly, when they showed the brawler part of Sonic Unleashed-- the WERESONIC part-- I was like, "No, Sega! Why should this be included in this OBVIOUSLY shitty 2dish Sonic game? This should be spun off into its OWN game!"

My PRAYERS have been ANSWERED. My WILDEST DREAMS have come TRUE.

Yeah, I have no idea what kind of game this is but this is surprising news :lol

edit: So is this like Sega's, "We're sorry, just ignore that OTHER Sonic game we're making. It's bad"-a culpa?

M74

jaundicejuice said:
Oh Sega, at least you're giving us MadWorld.
No. You do not give them credit for Mad World. They don't deserve it. Platinum should get every ounce of the credit there.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
thx bro for the pic...but u should remove ur adress infos...

so.. like Dragon Quest Swords? but with Sonic.. oh man.. what is going on?! Please tell more!

:lol :lol Address is on there.. remove it dude

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
jaundicejuice said:
Oh Sega, at least you're giving us MadWorld.
Plenty of non-Sonic related products from Sega turn out pretty good. Sonic is just cursed, I wonder what they're doing to him this time...

Haunted

Zenith said:
so we have Sonic and werewolves.
Sonic and turn-based RPGs
and now Sonic with sword fighting.

how can a pubisher be so blind as to the wants of its fanbase and the bashing of professional critics. it's like they're doing this intentionally.
THIS! A thousand times this.

Y2Kev said:
edit: So is this like Sega's, "We're sorry, just ignore that OTHER Sonic game we're making. It's bad"-a culpa?
This doesn't work when the new game is just as shitty as Unleashed.

J-Rock

Banned
The Legend of Sonic?

Might be cool. Might suck. I'll wait for more info before I give a full opinion.

It's nice to see that the Wii is getting more Sonic though.

I actually think Sonic looks badass with that sword. I'm fearful though.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

At least it's a new announcement, not like Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
gaf needs a crying smilie

Wii is the PERFECT place to do a Sonic 4 a la MegaMan 9 (not that Sega or DIMPS or anyone could make a game that good...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom