• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Menu/UI video

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
This video murders the English Language. No one talks like this, Sony.

"dude, I don't got that, man."

Iacobellis

Dug up my old mockups (with Killzone running in the background) from this thread:

iJaApGS70Nwhb.gif

Will we finally be able to change our PSN name?
I really want a different name than the one I chose 5-ish years ago. I'd even be willing to pay a small fee, let's say $3, for it.
Why won't you take my money, Sony?

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
That video is atrocious and embarrassing. Guess Sony had to make a mistake one of these days after their hot streak.

I see no reason why we wouldn't be able to change the wallpaper like we could on PS3. It would look so much better already without the bland blue background. Hopefully more changes can be nade like custom themes just to make it look more interesting.

thanks! some things to note from the video description:

This layout probably won't appear in the retail version but we do get to hear some sound effects and transitions that could appear in the finished product. He does say that this is a very early build and that this was one of the first test kits to come out.

Some interesting tidbits:
-The PS4 can recover from a game crash without locking up.
-Games are considered applications and can apparently run alongside other applications (multi-tasking).
-If you're connected to the internet, application information is automatically updated in the dynamic menu.
-The built-in DVR can automatically start up when you start a game? Or maybe when you turn it on it stays on? Maybe it was being used for this livestream? (in which case this is pretty damn good quality).

Being a test kit the displayed HDD capacity is probably not final.

The wording seems a little too technical? Why use "Close Application"? I guess they're going to consider games as applications?

Is that AA problem I see on the UI background wave? This gives me Vita nightmare (they took over 1 year to somewhat fix it with recent firmware). Hope its just bad video quality.

its not the video quality, but might be early background animation. Hope it gets fixed for the retail.

it's not going to get fixed, is it...

raven777

its not the video quality, but might be early background animation. Hope it gets fixed for the retail.

it's not going to get fixed, is it...

they fixed Vita's bubble AA....so there is chance they will patch it later.

lol what?

what is so "lol what?" about it. There is clearly AA issue in the video, and I said it might be just the problem with video quality. Its a minor issue and not a deal breaker, and I never said something like I am canceling my preorder because of it. But its something that will annoy me (like how Vita UI is doing) if it stays like that)

they fixed Vita's bubble AA....so there is chance they will patch it later.

what is so "lol what?" about it. There is clearly AA issue in the video, and I said it might be just the problem with video quality. Its a minor issue and not a deal breaker, and I never said something like I am canceling my preorder because of it. But its something that will annoy me (like how Vita UI is doing) if it stays like that)

a) vita never had problems with aliasing on the wave animation in the background, nor did PS3. If its not a problem especially on PS3, I think its a real stretch to assume the problem will be there on retail versions of the system.

b) its really not that annoying lol (the bubbles)

S¡mon

Banned
Good markeitng: sneak peak of the OS + everybody who's interested in the OS will hear about Blacklight Retribution.

Tripolygon

Banned
Why are people forcing on about dev kit UI? You've all seen screenshots and the marketing video of how retail UI would look. Here is another PS4 dev kit UI from E3.

Sony-PS4-Knack-demo-crashed-to-the-consoles-UI.jpg

Was this captured using the PS4's share functionality? When he started the game there was a video recording notification in the top right.

ps4-share-notification-o.gif

Top Bottom