• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In this thread we post screens of early videogame builds

SantaC

I start with some classics.

zelda9.jpg

zelda8.jpg

zelda5.jpg

zelda10.jpg

metroid_screen001.jpg

metroid_screen002.jpg

metroid_screen003.jpg

gotta love watching these now and see the end product :lol

unifin

From this:

the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-200405110014471.jpg

To this:

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-wii-version-20060607043210052.jpg

They've done a fantastic job getting the horse to actually look good.

Mane/hair animation is now almost on par with SOTC, if the actually horse movement isn't.

ant1532

Banned
ManaByte said:
That isn't a build of any game. IT WAS NOT FOR N64.

It was a 3D test Square did to see if they could do 3D on FFVII for the PLAYSTATION.
Woh, chill, he never said it was....

Also a 3D test is a build is it not?

ManaByte

ant1532 said:
Woh, chill, he never said it was....

Also a 3D test is a build is it not?

Not when it was never intended to be a game.

That was basically Square putzing around with 3D for the first time to see if they were confortable doing the PSX FFVII in the 3D that everyone demanded it be in.

ManaByte said:

It was a 3D test Square did to see if they could do 3D on FFVII for the PLAYSTATION.

It was 3D concept run done on SGI workstations to test the waters. Had nothing to do with neither the N64 nor the Playstation.

ManaByte

Shogmaster said:
It was 3D concept run done on SGI workstations to test the waters. Had nothing to do with neither the N64 nor the Playstation.

Um, tell that to Square.

On the G4 Square Icons special, Square specifically states it was a 3D test they did prior to starting work on FFVII for the PLAYSTATION to see how confortable they were with doing 3D before committing to using polygons on their PSX game.

According to the special, Square was committed to the PSX in 1994.

ManaByte said:

I'm perfectly aware what it is, I just like FF6 so I thought it was interesting to see.

Chill out.

ManaByte

rusty said:
I'm perfectly aware what it is, I just like FF6 so I thought it was interesting to see.

Chill out.

Ok, it's just that so many Ninbots like to toss those images around to try to show that the N64 was going to have a FF game, when in reality Square never even considered the system for FFVII.

ManaByte said:
Um, tell that to Square.

On the G4 Square Icons special, Square specifically states it was a 3D test they did prior to starting work on FFVII for the PLAYSTATION to see how confortable they were with doing 3D before committing to using polygons on their PSX game.

According to the special, Square was committed to the PSX in 1994.

Icons isn't exactly known for exacting information. They do more of sweeping generalised stories. I remember the story of that demo during the time it was being pimped. It was quite before the Square defection to Sony, and that demo footage was assumed by everyone as test for the next FF on N64. Later we found out that it was just a proof of concept (3D FF) done on SGI workstations.

Unison

Cool thread...

Renders from the Cube version of Too Human:

sw_human05.jpg

overhuman1.jpg

Renders from the PSX version of Too Human:

toohumanrender2.jpg

toohumanrender1.jpg

Nice to see that the main dude was bald before the XBox 360 hardware forced that choice upon them.

Top Bottom