• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory website update

Looks like there are some teasers for their next game.

Right now we're working on an exciting new concept that has got everyone we talk to buzzing. We can't say a lot except that it's going to be great to work on and should be even better to play! It'll take all the things we loved about Heavenly Sword and make them bigger and better than ever before.

http://www.ninjatheory.com/about.php
http://www.ninjatheory.com/contacts.php

The art really doesn't look like similar to HS. So is it a sequel or something entirely different?

gcubed

Crusade said:
Who says a new Heavenly Sword has to be set in the same period?

i hope it is, HS to me was like Motorstorm

i enjoyed both games, but the potential far outweighed what was delivered. A 2nd HS (like a second Motorstorm) will be welcomed with open arms by me

Tieno

SolidSnakex said:
Looks like there are some teasers for their next game.

http://www.ninjatheory.com/about.php
http://www.ninjatheory.com/contacts.php

The art really doesn't look like similar to HS. So is it a sequel or something entirely different?
"new concept"...so yeah, my guess is it'll be different.

The ending to Heavenly Sword gave great closure and in a way it might get cheapened by a sequel.

edit: Maybe it still has the heavenly sword in it? But not a continuation of the Nariko story.

Tieno said:
"new concept"...so yeah, my guess is it'll be different.

The ending to Heavenly Sword gave great closure and in a way it might get cheapened by a sequel.

It brought closure to Nariko's story, but the HS still exists. I think a Kai based game could be cool. She's much more agile than Nariko so they could add in a jumping mechanic for those that complained about that. She'd be more grown up also so she'd be able to handle better weapons than twing twang.

Ceb

I really liked HS and would buy a sequel. The story had nice closure though, so I wouldn't mind if they left it like that and went on to make something new.

There are too many unnecessary sequels these days. I'm still disappointed about the announcement of FFIV: The After.

Oneself

It might be an Heavenly Sword sequel. The story can take place anytime after the original... and they talk about how they took HS "and made it bigger and better"...

gcubed said:
i hope it is, HS to me was like Motorstorm

i enjoyed both games, but the potential far outweighed what was delivered. A 2nd HS (like a second Motorstorm) will be welcomed with open arms by me

Agreed.

Although on the other hand making a HS2 might ties their hands more than if this was more of a spiritual sucessor. I guess it hinges on what they mean by taking HS and making it bigger and better.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
SolidSnakex said:
It brought closure to Nariko's story, but the HS still exists. I think a Kai based game could be cool. She's much more agile than Nariko so they could add in a jumping mechanic for those that complained about that. She'd be more grown up also so she'd be able to handle better weapons than twing twang.

I think Nariko will make a comeback. Kai will find the HS, use it to resurrect Nariko, Nariko will go forth and kick ass once more, etc etc

Dibbz

A new HS would be awesome. Just tweak the engine so it ran at 60fps, and has no shimmering shadows and we're set. HS engine already supports a lot of awesome features some of which they didn't even use e.g. real time day night cycles.

Concept art looks cool, hopefully they will have great vistas in this game too.

antiloop

FirewalkR said:

Thanks, so awesome. I hope the game will be also.

neorej said:
I think Nariko will make a comeback. Kai will find the HS, use it to resurrect Nariko, Nariko will go forth and kick ass once more, etc etc

I'd prefer they keep Nariko dead. They did a nice job of wrapping up her story and it'd just be a cop out to bring her back now. Just turn Kai into some badass, although keep her wacky personality.

MrHicks

Banned
newconcept1.jpg

newconcept2.jpg

newconcept3.jpg

newconcept4.jpg

newconcept5.jpg

newconcept6.jpg

newconcept7.jpg

newconcept8.jpg

collection

since they have such an expensive game engine up and running, Im guessing ps3 at least....either way I want a new game from NT, HS had alot of potential, and def enjoyed it

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Im a fan of these guys,

They have great concepts, and Art. I hope their technology can catch up

lookin foward to this

Opus Angelorum said:
Nope.

Didn't they develop Kung Fu Chaos for the Xbox?

yep.

Either way, I kind of doubt this will be on anything other than ps3. Although, HS wasnt a huge seller. Probably did alright though.

They say this is going to be bigger than HS...that has me very excited...sounds like expanded gameplay, which is what the next step needed to be.

If they a teaser of this at GDC, then that will be enough for moi

Madman

Opus Angelorum said:
Nope.

Didn't they have people from Sony Cambridge help with their game though? They aren't a first party studio, but there is definitely a close working relationship.

Yeah.

Madman said:
Didn't they have people from Sony Cambridge help with their game though? They aren't a first party studio, but there is definitely a close working relationship.

Yeah.

eh, I think alot of the original members came from sony or some such...

either way, they are not owned by sony, although I think the relationship might be a little like with factor 5

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Opus Angelorum said:
Nope.

Heavenly Sword was originally for Xbox as well. But I think Sony has established a relationship with them like they have with Naughty God and Insomniac.

Busty

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
Either way, I kind of doubt this will be on anything other than ps3.

nelsonroyale said:
They say this is going to be bigger than HS...that has me very excited...sounds like expanded gameplay, which is what the next step needed to be.

nelsonroyale said:
If they a teaser of this at GDC, then that will be enough for moi

davygee

Banned
Right, looking at the artwork it looks like some old classic games.

Abe's Odyssey
Flashback
Beneath a Steel Sky

neorej said:
Heavenly Sword was originally for Xbox as well.

Why indeed it was.

I still think this new game will be a PSN title, unless Ninja Theory have a much bigger team than I thought.

I like the concept art, a touch of Patapon in there.

Opus Angelorum said:
I still think this new game will be a PSN title, unless Ninja Theory have a much bigger team than I thought.

Why would they have to be big to be tackling another BR PS3 title? They get help from Sony Cambridge and they now have an engine in place which takes alot of the weight off of them for their next game.

Top Bottom