• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
GeoramA said:
Just did the Sheogorath part. Prince of Madness indeed.
One of my favorite quests in the whole game. Truly awesome.

QP3

OT2 Just in time for Character 2! Rolling a wood elf archer/thief. Started doing the thieves guild quest line.

In oblivion, I never had the patience to do all of the enchanting/alchemy/etc. things. I pretty much just liked to hack and slash and build my character. With Skyrim, I find myself so immersed and have begun doing the things I skipped in Oblivion. I am realizing now how much I missed out on!

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Have been spending the last couple of days tweaking the game (still not done) and tweaking my main dude.

I tried my best to make Geralt, let me know what you guys think.

gcunr.jpg

jfuvi.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
Davedough said:
This will be the only game to get an OT3. I'm calling it.
That's a pretty terrible bet. Unless you mean the only Elder Scrolls game, in which case I have no idea if it's a bad bet.

Meier

JetBlackPanda said:
this just feels right, Welcome OT2

I sit at work all day and wait for my Skyrim life to begin.

is that so wrong?
I am not one for memes typically, but I absolutely know that feel, bro.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Mjoll is my new Lydia...I will keep this woman alive, dammit.

I also just found the Steed Stone. This on top of the +100 carry weight from the pickpocket tree, and a +25 amulet now lets me hold 635! And it's still not enough!

moop1167

How would I map a loadout on PC of, say...

push 1 for my bow, push 2 for my shield + sword, and then one for my sword + magic.

How would I do this? I can already switch between my bow and 1h sword + shield fine. Just equip the shield from your inventory, hotkey 1 and 2 to bow and sword respectively, but would I be able to make it so I push 3 and I get magic in one hand and sword in the other?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hyunkel6 said:
How do you slit throats? I saw the animation in the trailers.
Sneak up behind someone, give a quick tap of your mouse. If you did it right you'd do the instant kill animation.

However there are lots of factors involved in whether or not you get the animation so it's a chancy thing.

GhaleonEB said:
fus'ed is a term I haven't seen before, translation? I read it as "launched".
FUS RO DAH.

We used unrelenting force on those bastards, so yeah, "launched" seems like an apt term.

Also, this Cracked article is amazing.

King: Wanderer! Thank the gods you've come! The prophecy told us that a mighty warrior would arise, worthy of wielding Fjalnir, the God-axe, and slaying the evil Demon Prince Synraith. We believe you to be that warrior. What say you, traveler? Will you accept this task?

Me: Yea, verily I shall accept thine task and vanq- wait, Synraith? Fiery dude in a floating city? Cape made out of screeching souls? Ahhh, shit. I already killed that guy.

King: You ... already slew the Demon Prince, the Knife in the Dark, the Void at the Heart of All Men, whose identity you did not learn until just now?

Me: Yup. I saw that castle floating up in the sky, and I wanted to know if I could jump up the rocks to get in the back way. It took a lot of reloads, but I finally managed to hop on up in there.

King: You "hopped on up" into the Abyssal Palace?

Me: Yeeeep, yep yep yep. Just squat-jumped on in there and looted the place. Then I killed that Sydney guy-

King: Synraith, Demon Prince of the Abyss.

Me: -yeah him. I ganked that guy. Mostly just to see if I could. Plus he looked like kind of a dick.

King: Indeed, the Foulest of the Foul was "kind of a dick." But you vanquished him without the aid of sacred Fjalnir, the God-axe?

Me: Totally. It wasn't even a thing. I just hid on top of a bookshelf where he couldn't reach me and shot him with arrows. Then I waited until he forgot I was shooting him, and did it all again to get the sneak damage bonus. Took a while, but he died all the same.

King: Forsooth! Thine heroic deeds are ... well, that sounds kind of fucked up, actually. Never thought I'd feel bad for He Who Devours. So you have no need of our sacred totem weapon?

Me: What, the gold dealy, with the shiny bits? Nah, I already stole that out of the display case four hours ago, before I knew who you were. I gave it to Sven, but he Quantum Leaped out of the game with that shit.

King: Huh. So. I guess ... the bards will ... sing of your tale now?

Me: Oh yeah? Sweet, let's hear it.

Bard: The hero came with eyes aflame / his tasks already done / the land was rescued all the same / but 'tis kind of a shitty song.

Fjordson

:lol love the thread title.

I'm still so far behind most of you. So much work this week =( going to make up for it this weekend.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Houston3000 said:
That's a lot of skills to specialize in

I haven't really done too much of the math but I'm assuming you'd be able to max out about 4 trees by the mid 50s. I guess if I play my Wood Elf all the way to 80 I'll start adding points into Enchanting or Smithing to take advantage of all those "game breaking" damage or mana cost enchants.

I won't max them out. I'm going to choose the most relevant perks. I see no reason in maxing out stealth because silent walking kills its purpose. I wish I had this final perk, but oh well...

pringles

Lvl 25 Wood-Elf, Dovahlas Of Mirkwood.

Putting my perks mainly into Archery/Sneaking, with a bit Light-Armor and One-Handed for close combat situations. Really enjoying Alchemy as well and using that to get poisoned-arrows and healing/buffs.

This game is quite amazing.. BUT.. the amount of content is overwhelming. My map must have about 100 quest markers on it. Keeping track of who I got what quest from and why is impossible. I'm trying my best to not get stressed and to simply take my time and enjoy the game, but on days like today, when I fail to complete a single quest just because on my way there I find a cave that takes 3 hours to go through, I sort of feel like I will never come close to clearing 100% of this game.

I'll probably put it aside for a few days when I get Zelda tomorrow, just to get a bit of a breather with a game that is less massive. I have little doubt those two games will fight for my GOTY title however.

Luthos

Already an OT2. This game is amazing. Most likely my GOTY.

I'm just not sure how long I want to play my current character before moving on to my second one.

Chavelo

Is there a way to divorce in this game? Got the chick from the general store in Riverwood to tie the know, but Lydia is my one true love. Love you, babe! (bitch needs to move the fuck outta the way when we're in halls and doorways, tho).

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
AwesomeSauce said:
Have been spending the last couple of days tweaking the game (still not done) and tweaking my main dude.

I tried my best to make Geralt, let me know what you guys think.

make the face a bit thinner

looks good

magicstop

I'm having a damn blast with this game! My only complaint is that I have so little time to play it. I'm currently a lvl 6 nord, focusing on Destruction and One-Handed weapons. Nothing like walking into a room with a flaming axe and a flame hand, setting things on fire and chopping things up!
I'm liking the graphics pretty well (everything on high + 8x AA on my Asus G73 pushing a 1080p monitor), but the animations are SO Bethesda, lol. Doesn't bother me though. I'm fully engaged, and I'm about to jump off the main quest line hard . . . Can't wait to do some delving.

Cetra

Dang, OT1 went down quick!

Also, anyone know what the best all around light armor set is that isn't crafted? I'm getting sick of this Studded Leather I've been rocking for about 12 levels now.

Houston3000 said:
Let's start with what characters your playing and your current level

Wood Elf -- Archery/Illusion/Alteration/Alchemy -- Level 22

Breton -- Conjuration/Destruction/Restoration/One handed -- Level 22

I WILL FEAST ON YOUR HEART! - That's the sound of my Dremora Lord coming at you.

Blizzard

Banned
Chavelo said:
Is there a way to divorce in this game? Got the chick from the general store in Riverwood to tie the know, but Lydia is my one true love. Love you, babe! (bitch needs to move the fuck outta the way when we're in halls and doorways, tho).
But Lydia
can't be married without using a console command! Would you console your one true love???

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You know what annoys me the most about the storytelling in this game?

You're already Dragonborn, the most amazing person in centuries, with a destiny far beyond that of any other mortal alive. On top of this, every organization you join eventually hails you as their new leader/savior/whatever. The game forces the main character into being a Mary Sue. You never get the opportunity to abdicate or decline.

Esch

Banned
balddemon said:
anyone else having trouble with a dude named Homelyn?
I snuck up on him, slowly killing the rats from the shadows, and then i murdered him with a backstab. He was definitely oneshotting me whenever i went for a direct assault though, rediculous.

scy

II CETRA II said:
Dang, OT1 went down quick!

Also, anyone know what the best all around light armor set is that isn't crafted? I'm getting sick of this Studded Leather I've been rocking for about 12 levels now.

You can find Glass so ... Glass?

KorrZ

Houston3000 said:

Finding this build really fun, lots of sneaking and one-shot kills and brain-washing everyone else. I find the alchemy system engaging. So many ingredients(!), I always feel accomplished when I make a new potion with many multiple effects.

Dark Elf - Archery/Sneak/Conjuration/Smithing/Enchanting - Level 8

This build is a nice change of pace from my last character which was pure magic. Archery is sooo satisfying in this game. Walking into a room, sniping out everyone in 1-2 shots before they even know you're there. Going up the bodies and seeing 2 arrows in the face or neck etc is so satisfying :D

tehbible

Trojita said:
Is this the stuff that caused people to see Machine Elves?

Yes. there are reports of seeing machine elves that sing, and when they do, they are able to create things out of their mouths.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_elves

This isn't just hallucinations. Its more than just that. We are so beautiful as a species. There is so much we do not know.

I think one day I will do write up of this whole phenomenon and share with everyone my findings and resources.

QP3

Houston3000 said:

Finding this build really fun, lots of sneaking and one-shot kills and brain-washing everyone else. I find the alchemy system engaging. So many ingredients(!), I always feel accomplished when I make a new potion with many multiple effects.

Wood Elf -- Archery/One-Handed/Enchantment -- Level 13

Playing as a Nord. One handed/Light Armour/Blocking, level 31 with about 55 hours played.

I think this'll be a character who I'll eventually 100% the game with, but have secondary ones along the way.

Blizzard

Banned
I named my Nord woman Brienne after a Game of Thrones character.

And I'm seeing like multiple UNMARKED story/quest spoilers on this page, people, please use spoiler tags. I'm not even level 7 yet!

Esch

Banned
oh and I'm a Redguard- Restoration, Sneak, Smithing, Light Armor, One Handed

level 30 something. I named him AL MUALIM

Cetra

Houston3000 said:

Cetra - Nord Female - Archery/One Handed Weapons/Sneak/Block/Light Armor, Currently level 12. She's awesome. Next character will probably do heavy armor and two handers.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Sickboy007 said:
Moargan, lvl 28 Nord One Handed - Destruction - Heavy Armor - Smithing - Enchanting
Not yet aligned, i think i'll go with the Empire.

This game would be perfect with a remixed version of this song:
Road Most Travelled

Good to see another Nord Battlemage, but I choose Conjuration instead of Destruction.

Top Bottom