• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
When I spectate a game it closes the PvP.net client and opens up the instance of the game. Just like when you're actually playing.

... and I'm telling you it doesn't close it. It minimizes it and puts it in your task bar as a small icon... click on it. This works both in regular games and spectating.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
... and I'm telling you it doesn't close it. It minimizes it and puts it in your task bar as a small icon... click on it. This works both in regular games and spectating.
Oh, didn't realize clicking the thing in the system tray gave you something different.

Acrid I missed you by like ten minutes.

Swig_

Get Kogmaw. Beast. And you can build him glass cannon too for ap mid.

I also like Corki a lot. You just need to be able to time the auto-r-auto.

When I play Vayne, I play safe until level 6-8 when my runes start stacking and becoming better worth than flat runes. If you play with the right support and secure a nice gank bot you should be fine in the lane.

I have Kog.. I enjoy him, but I hate how immobile he is. I haven;t build him as AP in a while, maybe I'll give that a try.

Vayne is just difficult early game unless you have a good support. She's too easily harassed and depends on getting early kills/ganks too much. Sometimes you get stuck with a terrible team with a worthless jungle and a support that fails you. With Ashe, I don't have to worry about that at all.. I can have a bad early game and not ruin the remainder of the game.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
This is sooo cool.

Was playing a random Dom match wasting time this afternoon, and a buddy messaged me who I duo que with to pm him on LoL/Steam when I got done. Then like 2 mins later I see he says he's spectating me.

That was sooo cool. Made me nervous though! LoL

Ken

Just played with some people who got mad at me for not focusing the tank first. Um yeah I'm done for the night.

I don't see this happening at all. I, too, cannot access the client. It closes that instance and just boots the game.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't see this happening at all. I, too, cannot access the client. It closes that instance and just boots the game.
I went to the system tray and double clicked the riot icon, and it did indeed bring the client back up while my actual game was in progress. However, it's distracting so I should avoid doing it!

dc89

Decided to play as Fiddlesticks for the first time last night. First game I was 2/2 with a silly amount of assists. Then I had a bit of a tricky patch and lost a few games. This morning I just went 6/1/21 haha!

Inskipp

Had some very cool ranked team- games yesterday. Had one game where I wasn't doing so hot though. Things looked grim, and we started to lose trades in team fights.

Then this happened! Pretty much redeemed myself in that moment. Managed to win the game out eventually.

Merovin

Had some very cool ranked team- games yesterday. Had one game where I wasn't doing so hot though. Things looked grim, and we started to lose trades in team fights.

Then this happened! Pretty much redeemed myself in that moment. Managed to win the game out eventually.

Nice steal, best part was that you got out alive too.

Ferga

I've had Fizz for a long time and I still haven't played him as AP yet in summoner's rift. Keep getting pushed into the jungle lol

Fizz is probably my favorite champion in the game. I have had some of the most ridiculous K/D's with him. It's a shame he's not more viable.

GAF teach me the ways of Rumble. I'm looking guides and some say Rylai's is a must with revolver early game. Others are vehemently opposed to it. How do you guys build him?

inky

GAF teach me the ways of Rumble. I'm looking guides and some say Rylai's is a must with revolver early game. Others are vehemently opposed to it. How do you guys build him?

Like that, with sorc shoes (or merc treads if you must), then WotA then either tanky or AP depending on who you are facing. I'm not too good with him so maybe I'm building him wrong too :p

Avinexus

Like that, with sorc shoes (or merc treads if you must), then WotA then either tanky or AP depending on who you are facing. I'm not too good with him so maybe I'm building him wrong too :p

To add onto this, I like to get Giants Belt before I even start the Revolver if I am up against someone that beats Rumble handily early game.

Blizzard

Banned
Kat ranked win streak ended at 14 games. =( I had a good champion combination on my team, but bot lane was feeding (0/10 sona), top lane was feeding, we didn't have an AD carry, and our jungler was practically suicidal. I went 14/6/8 and we even aced them once or twice, but all of the above combined with several counters to kat on the other team were the perfect storm. I wasn't good enough to pull off the carry.

JesseZao

I do really well starting with shield for rumble if I'm going against ADs with good early game. If it's AP or I plan on ganks/kills early, I get boots/pots. My first item is usually revolver, so I shoot for 1200 by getting a kill or farming enough before my first back (if I get shield first I will buy boots first, so enough for boots, a tome, ward. pots then). I used to go straight to WotA but with the cost nerf, I am getting the giant's belt first after revolver. From there I usually build a cap if I'm ahead or a scepter if it's double AP. My early boots are usually tabi or mercs and late game I'll sell for sorcs. I finish rylai's as my 3rd AP item as the javelins are enough for early ganks.

I haven't played him since the patch, so I don't know if I'd go kage's into DFG, but maybe that could be a viable item now.

More or less, once I get revolver/giants or Wota, you can't bully me anymore. I will push to tower/farm golems/counter jungle until it's time to team fight.

Rumble is my fav atm as he's very fun to play and powerful. So far, Corki is my bain.

Kat ranked win streak ended at 14 games. =( I had a good champion combination on my team, but bot lane was feeding (0/10 sona), top lane was feeding, we didn't have an AD carry, and our jungler was practically suicidal. I went 14/6/8 and we even aced them once or twice, but all of the above combined with several counters to kat on the other team were the perfect storm. I wasn't good enough to pull off the carry.

Sometimes you can't carry no matter how good you are.

Blizzard

Banned
Sometimes you can't carry no matter how good you are.
No kidding -- IMMEDIATELY after that game, the next game had feeders in top and bottom lanes, then afk fiora all game. The jungler decided to ALSO go afk, so it was literally 3v5 for about 10-15 minutes. I guess the game is going to punish me for raising elo by somehow giving me the people who haven't been banned or something, lol. I still barely pulled out a positive score but it wasn't much. I had the most gold and only two of our team had any kills at all (me with the most).

Blizzard

Banned
The 14 streak has now been followed by 4 losses in a row. It's a sure sign to quit, but like, does luck honestly do this?

Two games in a row, 1-2 afk people and/or 1-2 feeding lanes with 10+ deaths. Like literally 10 minutes of a 3v5 game?

I was invited to a ranked 3v3. Okay, I went 7/2 going top lane...bot lane is 3/19 COMBINED. How do you even get 19 deaths?

Then my first ever kat + amumu loss. Top lane 2/10, bot lane had 1/6 AD carry and someone who said they didn't own any supports, jungle was 2/5 and afk/disconnected for a while?

What did I do to deserve this. :|

Ken

I'm glad Tera came out so I have something to go to after I lose a game because the Ashe I was supporting as Soraka decided to open with Regrowth Pendant and get 2 CS 7 minutes into the game and then decide to tell us they were playing support Ashe.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I wish GW2 was out so that I could do that as well.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
My number 1 problem right now is my preferred role is support, and at my current ELO support can't carry a match if need be. So if the AD carry sucks we have to hope we get mad jungle ganks or a baller AP mid that melts faces.

Thankfully Varus comes out next week and I can try and use that to carry for a bit.

Alex

I wish there was an option to play the game with less of a laning phase. I like the classic style more but I adore how quick dominion is.

Alex

I don't get it. What do you like about classic then?

The layout and gameflow outside of the first ~15ish minutes, which I do like it just makes it drag on a bit for my tastes... so pretty much exactly what I had said prior.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think he's saying:

1) He likes SR more than Dom
2) But he really likes Dom's speed
3) He would like it if SR started at mid game or so because the first 10 minutes of PvE are a snoozefest.

Blizzard

Banned
I wish there was an option to play the game with less of a laning phase. I like the classic style more but I adore how quick dominion is.
Yeah, or just a mode that gives everyone X amount of gold and level 10-18. Of course that would bring its own set of balance problems since some champions presumably are good BECAUSE they can harass and outlevel and outfarm the other team.

Funny ranked game today...there was a Leona that was channeling Kiunch or something while laning with Teemo. They seemed to die a bunch, but Teemo got fed and she had like 38 assists by the end. She built three zeals (one into phantom dancer), triforce, maybe frozen mallet, and something else...it was hilarious. She would go flying past the enemy turret where their team was defending, and go stunning and exploding everywhere once we came in to cleanup. I think teemo and I both ended up with like 18-22 kills.

I think he's saying:

1) He likes SR more than Dom
2) But he really likes Dom's speed
3) He would like it if SR started at mid game or so because the first 10 minutes of PvE are a snoozefest.
Yeah, it's no wonder ARAM is such a popular and oft-requested feature. I don't really think ARAM or Dominion would be good without starting from the ground up, but it's obviously a stretch to find a place for this PvE DotA remnant in a more competitive game. Not that it doesn't work out at all.

Opiate

Feel free to post Spectator Mode feedback

Areas of interest:

Directed Camera
  • Does it show you what you want to see during a match?
  • How do you feel about the camera motion/movement?
  • Have you switched from Directed to Manual camera control? Thoughts about the process?

Featured Games (on the landing page)
  • How do you feel about the selection of games?
  • Thoughts about the process of choosing and getting into a game?

Drop-In (off your Friend List)
  • Thoughts about the process of getting into a game?

Spectator HUD
  • Thoughts about the information displayed? Too much? Info missing?
  • Thoughts about using Timeshift Controls?

BUGS!
  • Please be as specific as possible

Rayven, after extensive use of the spectator feature, I wanted to give my feedback. The features already implemented are extremely useful. However, a few additions would be very nice.

1) Replay feature. This is probably something you're quite aware of.

2) I'd like the possibility to rewind the game even once one team has surrendered. I often want to watch the game to conclusion then go back and rewatch critical portions; right now that isn't possible.

3) A spectator search function. This would be extremely useful. For example, if I'm trying to learn Kayle, the ability to search games with Kayle in them would be very nice. If I'm trying to see how 1600 ELO players play -- 2500 may be so far ahead of me that I don't necessarily learn much, while 1200 is too low -- a search by ELO level would be appreciated. This would also help find extremely high elo players who you know are playing but aren't technically in the featured games list.

4) Lastly, the ability to watch from a players actual perspective, to see how he manages his screen real estate. Seeing what they look at and when is very useful.

Hope that helps!

2) I'd like the possibility to rewind the game even once one team has surrendered. I often want to watch the game to conclusion then go back and rewatch critical portions; right now that isn't possible.

3) A spectator search function. This would be extremely useful. For example, if I'm trying to learn Kayle, the ability to search games with Kayle in them would be very nice. If I'm trying to see how 1600 ELO players play -- 2500 may be so far ahead of me that I don't necessarily learn much, while 1200 is too low -- a search by ELO level would be appreciated. This would also help find extremely high elo players who you know are playing but aren't technically in the featured games list.

4) Lastly, the ability to watch from a players actual perspective, to see how he manages his screen real estate. Seeing what they look at and when is very useful.

I echo these. 3 and 4 in particular would be great.

Feature

Banned
Spectator mode has this bug for me where everyone is frozen in the same place...

Also it would be cool if we could see their masteries / runes somewhere (not sure if that's possible already).

Blizzard

Banned
I forgot how boring a Nasus v Singed lane can be.
I think I won a nasus vs renekton (RIVALRYYYYYY) lane this way. I basically couldn't do anything to renekton because of his healing, so I just farmed and mostly ignored him, he occasionally hit me for a bunch of damage, I would heal it off, and so forth.

So he apparently got bored to tears, started roaming/jungling/getting other lanes, and ended up like 20-40 more CS than me. Great farming, better than me for sure! But uh, meanwhile I kept free farming nasus top. I think the free farm helped out nasus more than renekton by the time the game was over...had like a 4k gold advantage because of teamfights. =D

Inskipp

I liked her as an AP mage. I get amazing results with new DFG then Q with sheen proc and basic attacks..

Do people get WotA on her?
Not really imo, because she already has a decent in-built heal, there's no need for additional sources of sustain.

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for the feedback, guys!
Also, I may have mentioned this in the ingame chat, but one thing about the directed camera is that it seems to ignore low HP people who are being ganked/attacked/chased.

I think there were times where I would see for example, the low HP top lane person being tower dived by one or two enemies, but the camera jumped to follow some nearly full HP person wandering alone in the river instead, and then I'd see the death notice from the offscreen action.

Rayven

aka surume
Also, I may have mentioned this in the ingame chat, but one thing about the directed camera is that it seems to ignore low HP people who are being ganked/attacked/chased.

I think there were times where I would see for example, the low HP top lane person being tower dived by one or two enemies, but the camera jumped to follow some nearly full HP person wandering alone in the river instead, and then I'd see the death notice from the offscreen action.

We'll continue to support and improve DC post-launch. This includes bug fixes :) missing kills isn't fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom