• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ford Ka Engine Warning light. Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gav

Not sure if anyone could help, but it might be worth a go!

Basically a few weeks ago, the engine warning light came on on my Ford Ka. I have driven hundreds of miles since, and there seems to be no issues with the car.

The car went in for a service and MOT, and came back out with the light still on and they said nothing (they must have seen it, they saw the brake light was always on as my brake pads had worn down). In hindsight, i should have mentioned it, not sure why i didnt.

Now, i have also had a couple of issues with the window washer fluid. Some old fluid blocked up the system, but it has almost cleared itself out now. But when it happened, there was alot of struggling with the fluid... is there a chance that something may have leaked into the electricals and this may be causing the warning light to be on?

This is the only thing i could think of, as the car was perfectly fine before, and it still running fine now.

Just thought it may be worth asking before i call the garage and spend more cash!

Amon37

I'm not sure about other countries but in the US you can go to any auto parts store and they will hook up a scanner and tell you why the check engine light it on for free.

Gav

Amon37 said:
I'm not sure about other countries but in the US you can go to any auto parts store and they will hook up a scanner and tell you why the check engine light it on for free.

Ah, thats a good point, i never thought about doing something like that.

How many miles on the car? . . . a lot of times these lights go on just after X miles and there is just some reset button that the repair guy presses to turn it off.

Gav

speculawyer said:
How many miles on the car? . . . a lot of times these lights go on just after X miles and there is just some reset button that the repair guy presses to turn it off.

Just over 35,000. Might be something to look into, cheers.

so_awes said:
feed it a cat.
feed-me-stray-cat.png
??

Gav

Its the warning light next to that one.

Haha, was the best car i could get at the time for the cash, and at this point in time, im actually quite happy with it. And its one without the black plastic bumpers.

painey

I have a KA and pathetic as this sounds, I dont know how to open the bonnet, help me out mate! Under the steering column is this red thing with a grey wire under it, but i dont want to fuck up my car by pulling something im not supposed to and I dont have a car manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom