• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadows of Chernobyl is 10 years old today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n9Cpp7-9tA

Aaah, this is why I love Misery. Not the sometimes stupid AI, but because you can drop enemies with one or two well placed bullets.

Speaking of which, is anyone familiar with Call of Misery? What are the most notable differences between Misery 2.1.1 and CoM? I know the latter is basically a free roam mode but I'm more curious about any missing or added features.

All I know is that it has a reputation for being really unstable. Check out that mod compilation Roadside Picnic that I posted on the last page. Think you might like it since it's a pretty hardcore, in depth experience but fair.

bati

All I know is that it has a reputation for being really unstable. Check out that mod compilation Roadside Picnic that I posted on the last page. Think you might like it since it's a pretty hardcore, in depth experience but fair.

I've given the page a cursory glance and watched some video of it in action and eh, I don't know. The main draw of Misery for me are the distinct playstyles that are enabled by different classes and gear/item proficiencies. That and gearing with a purpose - I never run around with a generalist loadout, it's always tailored to my current objective for that day. The balancing is so tight that it makes this kind of playstyle desirable, whereas in other games it feels like a self imposed restriction with no purpose.

Just sharing one of my biggest scares ever playing a videogame:

35994142675_44c824c633_o.jpg

It looks so silly, but I almost crapped my pants when I turned the flashlight on AFTER jumping through the window.

Dries

How can I fix enemy bullet sponges? I'm already playing on Master. Having to unload a full clip to take an enemy down is keeping me from enjoying the game.

Echoplx

How can I fix enemy bullet sponges? I'm already playing on Master. Having to unload a full clip to take an enemy down is keeping me from enjoying the game.

Headshots, AP ammo and as you progress you will start getting more powerful and accurate guns.

bati

It's been a while since I played SoC so can anyone tell me if those side missions issued by Sidorovich (and others) ever end or they do loop once you finish each type at least once?

Fwiw I'm playing AMK Autumn Edition (1.4.1) in case it changes that part of the game.

bati

Sorry for the bump but I can't find this info anywhere - how does one acquire 'Night Star' for Sidorovich in AMK? I actually got the artifact as a reward for another quest but apparently it isn't the correct one. It's also the first mission that you get when you visit him and he says it's supposed to be north of vehicle yard in Cardon (so about 100m away from the starting point). The only thing I haven't tried yet is to fast forward the time till nightfall and then try to visit some anomalies...

edit: found it

edit2: And now I don't have the relevant convo option to give it to him. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffff-

edit3: Fixed it by attaching the thing to my belt and then talking to him again. Man, this game is really unintuitive at times.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Tried some 5 times before giving up. Then one day I just kept pushing and crossed the first bridge (the railway one, below which you pass) and it just clicked. From then on loved absolutely every minute of it. What a great game! Atmosphere dripping in every corner.

bati

Atmosphere dripping in every corner.

Yeah it's crazy, especially with mods. I actually forgot how good SoC is because I refused to play anything but Misery but I'm enjoying the hell out of AMK Autumn now.

One thing that still blows my mind is how this game without any character stats manages to have some of the best 'rpg' progression curves I've seen in games.

Top Bottom