• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin': Best Seats in the House Edition

DMovH.png

Once again, trying something different. This week I got bogged down at work so I had the chance to brush up on my heavy mech SRPG. The iOS TRANSFORMERS G1: Awakening continues to be a good game. I'm on the 15th mission of 17 and the stroy is a bet repeditive, but still fun. That just leaves the other game I've been playing this week. Mass Effect 3 has been a cross between playing with the data pad app to keep up my readiness rating and plowing though all avalible missions in ME3. I'm glad that I'm done, but I don't see myself getting any of the DLC. Ever.

March is over, but the biggest April fools joke of all came a month early. Now it's back to the backlog for me. I'll be setting my coutdown clock to E3. All that's left to close out the month is to ask, Whatcha Been Playin'?

Yes Boss!

Handheld for me.

Working on my third play-through of Mario 3D...going for the sparkles.

On Part two and 15 hours into Solatorobo. Good god this game is good.

Gonna try out Icarus.

Haethos

Banned
250px-Pokemon_SoulSilver_Version_box.jpg

Falling back in love with Pokemon with Soul Silver -- I've never played 2nd Gen before, so this was really fun and new for me. Fistpumped maniacally at work yesterday after catching Lugia on break (shoutout to Ampharos for her Thunder Wave and 2 Discharges and my 7 Ultra Balls for making this possible).

I'm now hopelessly lost and have no idea where the Elite 4 are. Goddamn it, I should've paid more attention to that dumb phone call that the Prof sent me.

Tunic

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Mass Effect 2 (Finally towards the end of the game)
Okami

Xenoblade Chronicles will be added on Friday. So many games on my backlog but the games above are currently getting played the most.

ultron87

I'm replaying Bayonetta during my week break between beating Mass Effect 3 and Xenoblade. I was going to play on Hard, but my skills have atrophied much too far to do that.

Feindflug

360:

Gears of War 3 - Just stopped from a 4hr session of Beast & Guardian, new map pack is decent (except Jacinto which looks and plays like shit especially at TDM) and I'm seeing myself spending some quality time with the game again.
Ninja Gaiden 2 - Chapter 6 at Mentor and IMO there's no other game this gen that comes close to NG2's feel and satisfaction when in battle despite being unpolished as hell. :p
I Am Alive - I'm about 2hrs in and I really love the environments, the atmosphere and the platforming - the stamina meter really adds to the tension and makes you think and actually plan your movements before mindlessly jump into a ledge, a very welcome addition to the more and more nerfed platforming that we see in most games these days..a really unique experience thus far.

PS3:

Journey - Bought the game yesterday and planning to start this later tonight, really curious to see the game mainly because of all the praise the game gets here at gaf. :)

I might go to a fighting game tournament this weekend. Other than that, it's Ninja Gaiden II (Xbox 360) and possibly Super Mario Picross.

TF2:A staple part of my diet
FFX:part 1 of the game nearly done, right at end of story. Part 2 to follow..superbosses and superweapons!
Peggle Dual Shot:My go-to DS game. Challenge mode atm. I HATE THE 10 BALL CHALLENGE!!! *ahem*...excuse me.

Alex

Mario Kart 7 - 3DS
Kid Icarus -3DS
Tales of Graces F -PS3
Ascension - iOS
100 Rogues - iOS.

Get some stuff from the Amazon sale coming too, so I'm fairly swamped. Even still I'm dumb enough to consider getting the US version of Xenoblade to retry and support, too, even though I wasn't particularly huge on the game. I probably won't though, even my OCD only goes so far!

After all this junk I'm not buying a damn thing until at least Diablo.

acumP.jpg

Fate/Unlimited Codes. Bought it on PSN the other day to play on my Vita and I've been having fun with it. Nothing really on consoles/PC, but I might run out to rent Neverdead and force myself to play it.

Ninja Gaiden 3 - Might try to finish the co-op trials, but I don't really care. Might be done with it until Ultimate Ninja comes out.
Devil May Cry 1 - Started it last night in the HD collection. It's fun.
Asura's Wrath - Playing for the ridiculous over the top cutscenes whenever I don't feel like playing other games
Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label - Just practicing my save states for a few minutes each day so I haven't forgotten my patterns once I get back to it.

ampere

Mass Effect 3, about 20 hours in and it's still great.

Worried about the ending, no one seems to like it at all, haha.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Got the next week off from work, gonna relax and play some gamez.

Just picked up Yakuza 4 and Corpse Party today. Looking forward to a double dose of Japanese weirdness.

Still hooked on Plants vs. Zombies and Lumines: Electronic Symphony on Vita. Both are great pick up and play titles, I like my other Vita games but I'm set between the two. Also hooked on The Sims 3 on PC, haven't played the series in ages but it's still surprisingly deep and addictive. I've grown too attached to my Sims family to kill them off, but that doesn't mean I can't set my neighbors on fire every now and then.

Halo: Reach - I play this way too much even though about 25% of the time I don't like it.
Kid Icarus: Uprising - The best game on the 3DS.
Final Fantasy XIII-2: I've had this since launch but have only put 16 hours in. This weekend I'm going to try to play more. I want to finish it before Xenoblade comes out.
Lumines: Electronic Symphony - I suck at it so much, but I love it.

KorrZ

LostOdyssey.jpg

About 10 hours-in. Really enjoying it so far...those 1000 years of dream sequences, amazing.

en-US_Xbox360_Silent_Hill_HD_Col_FKF-00280.jpg

Just finished Silent Hill 2, had a lot of fun playing it in spite of it being a flawed version. Gonna start SH3 tonight I think.

Darksiders_Cover.jpg

Just snagged this on Amazon. Haven't played very much but I'm liking it so far.

Nakazato

Beat ME2
Me and GF Sly 2 with Platinum this morning

Now Playing
Angry Birds in Space
and
Mega money 0.00% chance i win lol
:(

Eric Hall

After finishing ME3, I think I'm going to take a bit of a break from story driven games. So looks like it will be back to:

NBA2K12%20BirdCoverW.jpg

and

rb3_box_art.jpg

Rekubot

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/f/f7/Pokemon_SoulSilver_Version_box.jpg/250px-Pokemon_SoulSilver_Version_box.jpg[/IM/G]

Falling back in love with Pokemon with Soul Silver -- I've never played 2nd Gen before, so this was really fun and new for me. Fistpumped maniacally at work yesterday after catching Lugia on break (shoutout to Ampharos for her Thunder Wave and 2 Discharges and my 7 Ultra Balls for making this possible).

I'm now hopelessly lost and have no idea where the Elite 4 are. Goddamn it, I should've paid more attention to that dumb phone call that the Prof sent me.[/QUOTE]

Surf east from the starting town. Bring a pokemon with waterfall. You're welcome!

My game of the month (seriously, it's taking ages):

[img]http://i.imgur.com/yHdlG.png

Fun but ultimately flawed because of the damned minis constantly walking to their doom. Hasn't stopped me from playing though. It's surprisingly lengthy. Check it out 3DS ambassadors!

Cudder

Silent Hill 2 in the HD Collection.

Also thinking of picking up Corpse Party to play on my Vita. Anyone have any impressions of how it plays on the Vita as opposed to PSP?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
f06UD.png
rXZce.png

Doing a bunch of side stuff in Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3) and whatnot. I don't get what the hell is going on story-wise, but I'm still having fun. Also picking at Dustforce (PC) here and there. I'm running out of 'easy' levels though, and this ish gets really difficult. Dabbled in some Tomb Raider: Underworld (PC), which was neat for a minute until I got to Southern Mexico, and some Thief: Deadly Shadows (PC) which is is pretty cool. I kind of want to buy the first two and just go to them, but I'll stick with this for a bit. I'll hopefully beat XIII-2 soon-ish so I can get to one of the other eight thousand RPGs in my backlog.

Just picked up Yakuza 4 and Corpse Party today. Looking forward to a double dose of Japanese weirdness.

Is this your first Yakuza? I've never seen you mention it before. Given our taste in RPGs are largely similar, I think you'll enjoy it. I'd be really curious to hear your thoughts after you spend some time with it, either way.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Is this your first Yakuza? I've never seen you mention it before. Given our taste in RPGs are largely similar, I think you'll enjoy it. I'd be really curious to hear your thoughts after you spend some time with it, either way.

I played Yakuza 1 and liked it, but for some reason I haven't touched the series since then.

Struct09

After finishing Mass Effect 3 and sinking many hours into multiplayer, I'm having a hard time deciding what to play. I may finish up Assassin's Creed Revelations.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I played Yakuza 1 and liked it, but for some reason I haven't touched the series since then.

Hah, my dude. I only just got through 4 myself. I still prefer the second game, but I'd rank 4 way above the rest.

You're gonna love Akiyama.

Misguided

Banned
Sinking my teeth into Closure slowly. Not sure what I think of it; not really a huge fan of the style where you can screw up a puzzle and have to completely reset it. Makes it feel gamey and not immersive. Presentation is also lacking in areas such as the menu, and the music, while catchy, can be a little overbearing for me. Puzzles are tough and gratifying though. I know this sounded overly negative, but this game is actually a worthwhile endeavor!

The Last Story - Wii
Enjoying it quite much, pacing is very fluid, combat is excellent
ZhVNA.jpg

W2mBj.jpg

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey - DS
Strange Journey is a very befitting title - one of the best Sci-Fi settings I have played in recent years
vYeZK.jpg

g9N13.jpg

Alone in the Dark - GoG
Good old Game; holds pretty well
cw3Zf.jpg

rIHmd.jpg

Oblivion - PC
Second Third play through - This time finished the Dark Brotherhood and Thief's guilds
VSqBp.jpg

71PMq.jpg

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Ninja gaiden sigma (PS3) - Currently doing a "hard" play-through on this. On chapter 11 at the moment. Hoping I can finish this quickly so I can move on to "very hard" since it hasn't been to difficult atm.:p

Vanquish (360) - Doing a replay of this on Hard.

Shin megami tensei : devil survivor 2 (DS) - On Day 4 right now. Game is so good!!

Ys: oath in felghana (PC) - Currently in the middle of the second boss. Game looks and plays great on PC.

Strike

vj8yK.jpg

Battlefield 3 (PS3) - Rush and maybe a few GAF matches now that private servers are up.

bREjR.jpg

Uncharted 3 (PS3) - Team Deathmatch, Team Objective, and co-op.

hENfd.jpg

Modern Warfare 3 (PS3) - This game pretty much confirms what I knew all along, COD4 will always be the best in the series.

Apenheul

Almost done with Chrono Trigger on the DS. Been playing Horde mode in Gears of War 3 again with a friend, and finally I've completed both Vangis and Escadora sets (just for collection) in Monster Hunter Tri.

Hiltz

Red Steel 2
RedSteel2.jpg

This is the kind of motion control game I imagined the Wii would have years ago.

Monster Hunter Tri
monster-hunter-tri-20090803045150247_640w.jpg

Spent this week making new Great Sword weapons ranging from the Crimsonwalll and Blade of Talos to the High Siegmund and Diablos Hornsword. They all look cool, but it's unfortunate how their gimped due to the requirement of the awakening armor skill to active their elemental/status attack power. I don't think it's possible to get armor skills Sharpness+1, Critical Draw, and Awaken together. Damn.

Concept17

Diablo_II_Coverart.png

Unit-13-logo.jpg

saints-row-the-third-logo.jpg

Just a couple hours shy of plat on SR3. Easily top 5 this gen for me.
Friends and I got excited about D3 in may, figured we would get warmed up.
Love the vita, Unit 13 is pretty fun. Certainly not deep, but its like the perfect portable shooter.

Top Bottom