• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavenly Sword cameo in the latest Heroes episode (UPDATE: new footage, post #754)

Yoboman

ManaByte said:
GDC is for developers/designers to meet and trade ideas, tips, knowledge; etc. It isn't really for showing off your big OMG KILL TEH COMPETITION title. Like last year he showed Motorstorm but it was more about showing what the technology behind the mud can do instead of actually showing the game itself.

Tomorrow the conference starts and it's basically just a bunch of panels that most people here will find boring.
More and more games are unveiled at GDC every year. And with the questions surrounding what's happened to E3, I'm sure this'll be the most significant one yet

mckmas8808

Banned
Blimblim said:
Nice, I didn't even think about that. Was the video playback smooth?

Smooth as silk. :)
Now only if there was a way to download your HD verisons straight to from the PS3. Do you think this can happen? Is it possible?

mckmas8808

Banned
shagg_187 said:
made you feel like you own the game already, didnt it :)

Yep. Defenitly when I used the "zoom" in feature on the PS3. I made it full screen. It was pixelated, but it felt good enough.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
mckmas8808 said:
Smooth as silk. :)
Now only if there was a way to download your HD verisons straight to from the PS3. Do you think this can happen? Is it possible?
Yeah I should be able to do that.

Wollan

I knew it was a adventure game like everyone else and expecting large environments but the it's pretty friggin sick what they have been able to achieve here. And the environment seems stuffed with detail as well. Jaw dropping. Looking at it again it's not actually underground though like some may believe, just really dark clouds. Also, you can see waves in the water way way below.

kevm3

I keep on watching this video over and over. That lighting and those physics really make me say, "Wow, now THIS is what I want from next gen." Animation is going to be HUGE this gen.

kevm3

The area I REALLY wanna see is the nighttime forest I think it was. I remember an old screenshot of it. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

alterego

This looks great. PS3 is starting to impress me.

From recent media of HS, R&C, Uncharted and Lair I'm seeing some of the most impressive graphics to date coupled with expansive worlds (rather than one or the other). It just feels quite "grandiose".

kevm3

Yeah, that's going to be awesome. Hopefully the game has some exploration to be done. I just want to run around in those forests.

u_neek

kevm3 said:
The area I REALLY wanna see is the nighttime forest I think it was. I remember an old screenshot of it. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?
50621420060720_141015_7_big.jpg

Wollan

Rockstar Games helped make Football Factory (a very funny movie) and there were two guys that get 'tortured' with dart arrows for having stolen the PS2 console from another hooligan.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Looks totally cool. The environment is gorgeous.

The action looks as balletic as ever. I love the style

Hopefully we're going to see more very soon? 'Leaks' via TV shows are nice, but I think we could do with some proper coverage and web media :)

artist

Banned
I intentionally missed Heroes today because theres going to be a new Spiderman 3 trailer during Heroes on Monday. Thanks for the vids guys. :)

Is it tastefully done?
I'll be interested to see it myself when I get home from work... but most of the time I can't stand product placement.

I liked the Coca Cola sign in Superman 2 though :)

edit: PS. I'd love a new Pandemonium

WOW.

The detail on the platform is astounding, the draw distance :eek:
I liked the interactive scenes in RE4, mix them up with the MGS style, looking around in realtime, and you have great little breaks in play.

pestul

DieH@rd said:
Whats next?
Halo 3 on "24" ? :)
Nah, dude on Numb3rs will need to create some algorithm based on Halo 3 ring structure..

I can't believe how blatently long this segment is.. it's good for us, but looks hilariously stupid for the show.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
pestul said:
Nah, dude on Numb3rs will need to create some algorithm based on Halo 3 ring structure..

I can't believe how blatently long this segment is.. it's good for us, but looks hilariously stupid for the show.
Hey, at least its an actual real game instead cg crap some movies/tv shows like to pull. :)

u_neek

pestul said:
I agree, it's almost as stupid as the huge Carlsberg truck in Spiderman.

Woo-Fu

Banned
As if there wasn't enough Jessica and Micah hate already, now they're playing Heavenly Sword while the rest of us only get to speculate.

I don't know, but this seems to be telling me that it is ok to knock over ATM machines if you want to buy a PS3. ;)

Looks pretty good, I can't wait to see it tonight on Heroes in HD. This is like the combination of my two favorite things, Heroes and video games. I think I am going to die.

Wollan

Possibly the greatest graphics I have ever seen. Ripping your eyes of the main character, you can see effects like shadows on the rope changing accordingly and so forth. The background, the enemies... there's nothing that lacks here. It is insane. INSANE.

Busty

Banned
The most impressive thing about that whole sequence was the fact that as she ran and then jumped towards the men on the giant broken stone platform the detail not once was fogged or distorted.

For a game to bascially be shown on a show like this, in a manner like this suggest that Sony have cut a deal with the producers/studio.

Mark my words, you'll see more of this. Other characters playing PS3 games. Perhaps we'll see a character playing something like LAIR on a big screen TV. Stuff like this doesn't happen by chance or accident.

For someone who works in media I've never seen something frankly as ingenious as this, in terms of marketing. They basically have an 'unveiling' of a hyped game right in the middle of a hit TV show.

GAF/interweb explodes.

Mau ®

O_0

Thats sick. Im glad Im getting a PS3 in 2 weeks, that just sold me! GAF meltdown when we see GOW3 in action! :D

wow just wow!

ps3 lighting > all
ps3 animation > all

cell is a beast

this is living next gen suckers! complete model animated fingers of nariko! :D

Gattsu25

Banned
firefoxsux said:
wow just wow!

ps3 lighting > all
ps3 animation > all

cell is a beast

this is living next gen suckers! complete model animated fingers of nariko! :D
you're not as good as cerebral palsy =\

and in case you were serious :)lol): thank the artists, level designers, and animators for that

edit: well, that didn't take long. . .

Top Bottom