• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obligatory:

VOOaXHF.gif

Makes you wonder how his bank account is holding up after Q1.

Here's the vid for those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erju3zgNmzk

abrack08

I don't believe this. I refuse to believe this.

Thinking about it more... You could argue the crust is like a breadstick. Breadsticks are common appetizers at pizza places and Italian restaurants. Makes more sense to eat it before the main course than after, it's certainly not dessert!

That's the best defense I got.

Nier Automata is GOTY friends

Platinum + Full Bizarre + Full Anime + Bullet Hell

Love when you're playing a game for 20+ hours and you still don't really know what's actually happening (not in an obtuse/frustrating way but in a weird abstract way where you know you aren't getting the full picture)

Hasney

Yeah, it's an amazing game, but it might settle for top 3 so far, let alone anything else. Zelda and Yakuza 0 still holding strong, but I'm on the 3rd playthrough now so there's still time.

Then there's Persona still... Goddamn

Mista Koo

Hello, I tried out this podcast(and frame trap) on a whim and quite enjoyed them. As someone who was not a regular viewer of GameTrailers, Kyle Bosman is the only person on the team that I am at all familiar with. Can anyone give me a quick sentence about each member to help me figure out their voices and personalities?
Kyle: Iggy.
Huber: Polnareff.
Brad Kakyoin.
Jones: Joseph (old).
Blood: Avdol.
Ian: Rohan.
Ben: Koichi.
Damiani: Shigechi.
Don: Joseph (young).

Damiani: Resident Zelda guru, knows lots about Nintendo games and is a master troll. He's second only to Ian in cynism, however he does great investigative videos about famous glitches, secrets and easter eggs in games. Does Game Sleuth, Zelda Talk, Eorzean Allies, Retro Game Sessions, streams, reviews, manages the Twitch channel and takes care of the stream during Tuesday Group Streams.

More cynical than Kyle? No way.

Nier Automata is GOTY friends

Platinum + Full Bizarre + Full Anime + Bullet Hell

Love when you're playing a game for 20+ hours and you still don't really know what's actually happening (not in an obtuse/frustrating way but in a weird abstract way where you know you aren't getting the full picture)
I like Nioh and RE7 bit better doe I expect Persona 5 to be a very strong contender.

Haven't played Zelda yet.

Wiggy

Kyle: Tyrion
Huber: Tormund
Brad: Jaime
Jones: Eddard
Blood: Stannis
Ian: Roose
Ben: Daenerys
Damiani: Varys
Don: Petyr

Kyle: Slugworth
Huber: Mike Teavee
Brad: Violet Beauregard
Jones: Willy Wonka
Blood: Grandpa Joe
Ian: Veruca Salt
Ben: Charlie Bucket
Damiani: Augustus Gloop
Don: Oompa Loompa

Axass

Kyle: Slugworth
Huber: Mike Teavee
Brad: Violet Beauregard
Jones: Willy Wonka
Blood: Grandpa Joe
Ian: Veruca Salt
Ben: Charlie Bucket
Damiani: Augustus Gloop
Don: Oompa Loompa

Kyle: Shikamaru
Huber: Naruto
Brad: Sasuke
Jones: Kakashi
Blood: Shino
Ian: Ino
Ben: Rock Lee
Damiani: Neji
Don: Kiba

Kneefoil

Kyle: Shikamaru
Huber: Naruto
Brad: Sasuke
Jones: Kakashi
Blood: Shino
Ian: Ino
Ben: Rock Lee
Damiani: Neji
Don: Kiba

Kyle: Sniff
Huber: Little My
Brad: Moomintroll
Jones: Moominpappa
Blood: Moominmamma
Ian: Misabel
Ben: Hemulen
Damiani: Stinky
Don: Snufkin

Servbot24

Banned
I think a podcast I'd like to see is a spoilercast type of thing, but really focusing on game mechanics and how story comes together and the whole thing. It could be any format - 2 people, or as many people who have beaten the game. Wouldn't even have to be for recent games, it'd be cool to discuss games that have been out for a year or so to keep them from disappearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_jSHvGZSfA

Frame Trap up. Going to start a kickstarter for a bottle of windex and a rag for the VO booth window. Extended goals will include decorative stickers.

I've never really noticed this before, but I just started the podcast and at times it feels like the Allies heads are swimming around and avoiding their mics a little too much. Soft then loud then soft again. It's something that doesn't really happen with other shows I listen to, so I hope it's an issue that can be ameliorated

I think a podcast I'd like to see is a spoilercast type of thing, but really focusing on game mechanics and how story comes together and the whole thing. It could be any format - 2 people, or as many people who have beaten the game. Wouldn't even have to be for recent games, it'd be cool to discuss games that have been out for a year or so to keep them from disappearing.

Yup.

That's what I want most. As I said here some pages back, wait for Kyle to beat FFXV and get everyone that played it to talk about the game on a spoilercast

It's an evergreen content, EZA hasn't got much of these.

mishakoz

I've never really noticed this before, but I just started the podcast and at times it feels like the Allies heads are swimming around and avoiding their mics a little too much. Soft then loud then soft again. It's something that doesn't really happen with other shows I listen to, so I hope it's an issue that can be ameliorated

Yay im one of today's lucky 10,000!

Completely agree. I really wish there were more analyses for games months after launch. After honeymoon period and when everyone has given it time to settle. One of my fav pieces of #content was the GB video where they just sat down with Jonathon Blow like 8 months later and talked through The Witness. Media just comes and goes now, think it would be cool to reflect on these big games before they get left in the dust

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Completely agree. I really wish there were more analyses for games months after launch. After honeymoon period and when everyone has given it time to settle. One of my fav pieces of #content was the GB video where they just sat down with Jonathon Blow like 8 months later and talked through The Witness. Media just comes and goes now, think it would be cool to reflect on these big games before they get left in the dust

That wasn't 8 month later though that was pretty close to its release. That said that was a fantastic piece of content. Another standout piece was them sitting down with John Bellomy(programmer at Naughty Dog) doing an Uncharted tech retrospective.

That wasn't 8 month later though that was pretty close to its release. That said that was a fantastic piece of content. Another standout piece was them sitting down with John Bellomy(programmer at Naughty Dog) doing an Uncharted tech retrospective.

you're totally right.. maybe i didn't get around to watching it for a few months because i wanted to 100% the game first. just felt like more time had passed. thx for clarifying!

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
The latest waypoint radio episode has some really good and interesting talk about Nier:Automata without them having even finished all the endings it's just talk mostly limited to route A. Makes me even more psyched if EZA ever gets to a indepth talk about Nier:A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom