• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic-Con Castlevania Pixel Simon Figure

Kunz

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=155&show_article=417&nl=1

417.jpg

New San Diego Comic-Con "Pixel" Simon mini-figure...

Talking about a blast from the past...

NECA announces that they will be celebrating the launch of their highly-detailed Castlevania action figures (see "NECA's New Castlevania Simon Belmont Figure") with this surprise San Diego Comic-Con exclusive addition.

The "Pixel" Simon Mini-Figure is based on the look of the original Castlevania vampire hunter, Simon Belmont, and how he appeared on the original 8-Bit NES platform.

This figure is a non-poseable resin mini-figure that stands about 3" tall. He will be packaged on a small blister card that re-creates the original game artwork and background. This mini-figure will be available only at the San Diego Comic-Con and will be limited to 1000 pieces.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Pfffft that's not a picture of stage 3. So much for authenticity:(

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I like 8-bit just as much as the next guy, but this element of retro is really unnecessary.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
uh...i've seen pictures of pixelly mario toys that really pull off the effect, but that just looks awful

bjork

^ those are the ones I was talking about too. a CV2 one with a bigass magnet "WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE" would rock.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
I'm blown away at how shitty that is. Not surprised that it's a NECA release. I think they're highballing the 1000 piece demand for this turd.

if its made out of chocolate, then its acceptable. Otherwise, it looks like something i would have made in my 10th grade 3D art class.

Look like it's made of play-doh, with plastic it should be very easy to mold square corners, unless they based the model on a screenshot from an emulator running with a 2XSaI filter.

Troidal

Yeah I might as well buy that Mario pixel toy and make Simon pixels out of it.

That shit is just aweful looking! >:-/

Top Bottom