• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordAlu

Doing both is the way to go. Even if you've read the events ahead, looking at still images is no substitute for animated action.
Plus, knowing what's coming up makes the wait for the anime excruciating! There's so much good stuff going on that I can't wait for it to be animated.

Combine

Banned
Great episode, especially the final scene with the new Epic music for Kabuto's Edo Tensei: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxQDQ4G4rTk

Sounds like a remix of the theme they were giving for Orochimaru in Shippuuden, so it'd be nice to think of it as Kabuto's theme.

Next episode preview shows that we'll be getting some new (canon) flashbacks next week. New OP too
Looks like it'll also be a comprehensive recap of Part 1 which should go through April.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
in what episode did Kabuto first approach Tobi? I feel like I missed that in the anime.

Fuuuuuu...Zabuza and Salamander are back. Throw in the towel, it's over...

Wait...they didn't summon the religious nut that does the rituals and can't die, right? I mean, he is still technically alive isn't he?

If I recall, this is the first time I saw or heard Anko in Shippuden. Otherwise cool episode and excellent stopping point temporarily, everything is about to get even more epic.
tumblr_m1nhx35h0b1r0ehyxo1_500.gif

Though I dont recall Kabuto introducing all of those characters like that in the manga...

LordAlu

Why didn't he summon any of the hokages?
Well, the Third Hokage sealed the First and Second Hokages souls using the Dead Demon Consuming Seal when he fought Orochimaru, so they can't be summoned. This resulted in his soul also being consumed, so he can't be summoned. Finally the Fourth Hokage used the Dead Demon Consuming Seal to seal the Nine Tails into Naruto after Madara's attack on Konoha, resulting in his own soul being consumed, and thus he also can't be summoned.

_Isaac

Well, the Third Hokage sealed the First and Second Hokages souls using the Dead Demon Consuming Seal, so they can't be summoned. This resulted in his soul also being consumed, so he can't be summoned. Finally the Fourth Hokage used the Dead Demon Consuming Seal to seal the Nine Tails into Naruto, resulting in his own soul being consumed, and thus he also can't be summoned.

Hm. When the Third fought Orochimaru, he attempted to summon three coffins. The first two were the brother Hokages while the third one was stopped by the Third. I assume the third one was the Fourth no?

LordAlu

Hm. When the Third fought Orochimaru, he attempted to summon three coffins. The first two were the brother Hokages while the third one was stopped by the Third. I assume the third one was the Fourth no?
In the manga you don't see the third coffin - Orochimaru just remarks that it didn't work. However in the anime you do see the third coffin, which has "Four" written on it, so it is implied he tried to summon Minato, which explains the summoning failure as his soul had been consumed by the Death God after using the Dead Demon Consuming Seal.

Mr. Fix

Got vibes at the end there. Shame they didn't show
the 2nd Mizukage and Gaara's speech

Wait, Naruto's going back to fillers?

ed-nortan-laptop.gif

Even if it's just a month, they're going to cut the war short later this year with another 6 months of filler. Why cut it off here if we're just getting 1-2 months of cannon content? Guh, this show.

Combine

Banned
Better to do fillers now while they are ramping up production of the movie which will likely poach a good chunk of their animation talent, and then get back to the story once that's died down. Speaking of which (from the manga thread):

Details on the new Naruto movie according to the poster at Tv-tokyo's movie site,
tRVkN.jpg

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/naru...e12/index.html
原作・企画・ストーリー・キャラクターデザイン:岸本斉史
「アニメ10周年ということもあり、今回はストーリーライン、デザイン、自信のわがままも含め、
 ガッツリとやらせていただきました。絶対面白い映画にすることを約束しますので
 期待していて下さい!!」

スタッフ
監督:伊達勇登
脚本:宮田由佳
キャラクターデザイン:西尾鉄也・鈴木博文
音楽:高梨康治、刃-yaiba-

キャスト
うずまきナルト:竹内順子
春野サクラ:中村千絵
波風ミナト:森川智之

前売り券:4月14日(土)〜

劇場版NARUTO-ナルト-『ロード・トゥ・ニンジャ』

http://plus.2chdays.net/read/moeplus/1332726968.html

Director- Hayato Date himself
Screenplay- Yuka MIYATA

Kishimoto sensei - original creator, story, character design, planning
Character Design: Hirofumi Suzuki, Tetsuya Nishio also
Music: Yasuharu Takanashi, -yaiba-
cast: Naruto, Sakura and Minato with regular VA listed.

Kishimoto is writing the story (not the script) of this movie. First time he's involved himself in a production outside of the manga to this level. Nishio and Suzuki heading up the character art (likely will bring in some key animators) and the top 3 VA's being Naruto, Sakura and Minato.

Any reason these three characters were not summoned; Konan, Kisame and Jiraiya. I'm just going to run on the assumption the technique requires the body to be intact but Deidara kind of rules that out...

Mr. Fix

Any reason these three characters were not summoned; Konan, Kisame and Jiraiya. I'm just going to run on the assumption the technique requires the body to be intact but Deidara kind of rules that out...

Kabuto needs their DNA. Jiraiya's body sunk so that ruled him out. The other two I don't think he gave an explanation though.

Combine

Banned
Konan and Kisame just died. I doubt Kabuto had time to get their DNA yet. That's the simplest explanation I can get for those two.

Desmond

Got vibes at the end there. Shame they didn't show
the 2nd Mizukage and Gaara's speech

Wait, Naruto's going back to fillers?

ed-nortan-laptop.gif

Even if it's just a month, they're going to cut the war short later this year with another 6 months of filler. Why cut it off here if we're just getting 1-2 months of cannon content? Guh, this show.

How do you know we're getting 6 months of filler?

If I recall, this is the first time I saw or heard Anko in Shippuden. Otherwise cool episode and excellent stopping point temporarily, everything is about to get even more epic.
tumblr_m1nhx35h0b1r0ehyxo1_500.gif

Though I dont recall Kabuto introducing all of those characters like that in the manga...

Wasn't Anko with Yamato tracking Kabuto when he had to rush back to the village because Naruto went 8 tails?

Desmond

Just guessing based on last year. I doubt they're going all the way to where the manga is now. Maybe up till the night of the war.

Did you see those filler zombies? They're gonna stretch this war, no doubt.

Also, Kitsuchi looks different in the anime.
Kitsuchi.png

t6fiNl.jpg

On this note, out of all the characters summoned, there was one I was curious as to why he wasn't summoned; Kakashi's father, the Lengendary White Fang. He was stated as being a ninja on the same levels of the Sannin, so why not bring him back?

Oooh really exciting! All these former guys back from the dead is kinda disturbing, gonna be some sad confrontations too.

So some recap month of celebrations or whatever these are gonna be coming up? The just shown story of his parents was like the highlight of the series for me so far and something I had been waiting sooooo long to see so I can deal with a break while it ramps up for the next hopefully exciting bits to to come!

Also bout damn time for a new OP, hated this one, feels like its been on forever too which has made it worse. >_<

Ah saw the episode, really I think its just best suited for kids and for really hardcore fans who somehow wanted more time with Tenten (who talks so much). SD did have some funny moments in the two skits in episode 1 though. Baffled at Neji's response to Lee
tumblr_m1ykq8lR8H1qjdyzdo1_r1_500.gif

Also hilarious how Naruto still ends up winning when he isnt the main character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom