• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Mayyhem

Yeah, one of the things I really like about Halo is the general art design to the environments, and you lose almost all of that in Forge. I love being in Sanctuary, the dry side, the mossy side with the streams of water and puddles, the drip coming from the ceiling on one of the bases.

You go into Asylum and it's just a plot of grass with grey blocks on it.

And then there's the MLG Sanctuary aesthetics...

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
>5 kills away from Perfection in Rumble Pit
>>Shotgun guy w/ Armor lock kills me
>>>Heartbroken

At least i won the game with a double from the grave.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Endless means being able to drop the flag.

Still pissed that may not be an option in the final game
which it totally won't be

I don't get how not being able to have the option to drop the flag goes against their idea of Halo when I can make a gametype where everyone can't jump or do damage and has to use ARs with unlimited ammo.
That is the last time I come in a give you a weapon in Borderlands when Franklinator is there. The guy is like a rabid dog foaming at the mouth to get everything I drop for you.

He gave it back lol

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Adapt, bitch.

Really though. Why do we play Reach with all the grief it brings us?

Right now it's a mix of Achievement Hunting and Prepping for Halo 4. While it'll be different from reach, It's still halo. Hadn't really touched reach since Defiant dropped.

JHall

8v8 Mech Capture The Flag.

Good God.

The minigame options for this game are endless!

That is the last time I come in a give you a weapon in Borderlands when Franklinator is there. The guy is like a rabid dog foaming at the mouth to get everything I drop for you.

Computron

I wonder if the Mantis will be on Longbow or Exile by default.

What all has he deleted? I actually don't think I saw the posts to begin with.

I was asking him some technical questions but he didn't really answer much for NDA/"Marketing" reasons, just more of what we know.
I didn't see the posts after that, I only saw that he deleted a lot of them.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Currently hosting achievo lobby

A dmg04

Have 4 including myself, someone is offering to plug in 3 extra controllers too...
man this feels dirty

Fracas

#fuckonami
Which Halogaffers will be getting it first, by time zone? Only zone I know is the guys in the UK, they're like 6 hours ahead of me.

Going to be soooo jealous of those guys.

MrBig

Which Halogaffers will be getting it first, by time zone? Only zone I know is the guys in the UK, they're like 6 hours ahead of me.

I ordered from newegg so i have no idea when I'm getting mine

I haven't gotten to play a single headlong BTB game. :'(

Speaking of which, I never actually got to play on Reach's Headlong, but I did on all the other anni maps, at least once. I might reinstall reach and try to find a game of it

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Best coast HaloGAF will be some of the last to get it. :-(

I'm thinking I'm going to just play MP on launch night, and save campaign for whenever the hell I wake up the next day.

Seance

Banned
Currently hosting achievo lobby

A dmg04

Have 4 including myself, someone is offering to plug in 3 extra controllers too...
man this feels dirty

I'm willing if there are enough to do 8v8. Once i get the 5 vehicle kills one I'd gladly help anyone else with others.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Best coast HaloGAF will be some of the last to get it. :-(

I'm thinking I'm going to just play MP on launch night, and save campaign for whenever the hell I wake up the next day.
Probably going to do the same. Going to get in a lobby with friends and gaffers, turn off all notifications, and go into party chat. I don't want randoms sending me messages or spoiling campaign while I play.

Then, I'm gonna dong. There's nothing quite like midnight launch donging. My reflexes are going to be super sharp from all the gamefuel!
It started at the bottom of the hill. It is now subterranean.
I played a game of MLG by myself this afternoon.

My team consisted of myself, 2 recruits, and a captain.
Against a team of 4.

Inheritors, with awesome stats.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Seeing all that new info will I'm stuck in Alberta for an exercise is just cruel...seeing all the new video in crappy low res on iPhone is a big tease and the worst part is I'm not coming home until November 14 :(

Duji

Since there's bleed through and 4 DMR shots does the exact damage to pop your shields, does that mean that receiving the smallest sliver of shield damage will result in you being able to be 4-shotted as opposed to 5-shotted? Like receiving 1 AR bullet will cause you to die in only 4 DMR shots afterwards? Because this is exactly what happened with Halo: Reach when they added bleed-through and it's really annoying.

Kibbles

Any word on when IGN is going to post their article? I'm guessing it's one of those morning/mid-day things, but it'd be nice if it was midnight pacific time.

senador

Banned
Any word on when IGN is going to post their article? I'm guessing it's one of those morning/mid-day things, but it'd be nice if it was midnight pacific time.

Their last few Halo articles have been late in the afternoon (5PM PST?). I hope its earlier though.

Duji

I hopped on Reach for the first time since after playing Halo 4, and my what a difference. Reach feels like an ultra clunky Halo 4. The weapon switching times, the strafe responsiveness, the time it takes to come out of sprint, and the sluggish aiming all became extremely noticeable. Halo 4 really does feel infinitely better.

Top Bottom