• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-order on GZ (PS3) on PSN to receive Peace Walker HD free!

2uOPBnC.png

Pre-Order Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes now for PlayStation®3 through the PlayStation®Store and get Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition for FREE!

Offer available until the release of Ground Zeroes.

Source: Metal Gear Solid (Facebook)

Ilúvatar

Anyone who for some reason hasn't played Peace Walker should do this. Fantastic game (that I regrettably was unable to Platinum because of a deceased PS3)

Why is this PS3-only?

Presumably because Peace Walker HD is not on PS4

Wait what ?!?

So for 20$ you get MGS:Ground Zeros (ps3) and MGS:peace Walker (ps3)

But buying MGS:Ground Zeros (ps4) for 30$ gets you nothing ._.

doesnt_make_any_sense_anchorman.gif

otapnam

... What?

As in I dont have a ps4 yet so I definitely wouldn't mind a digital ground zeroes on ps3 if I could get the ps4 version with pp later on. For collecting purposes.

I think you read my post wrong - I want gz to come free with ps4 phantom pain

Cassen

Neo Member
Does this pre-order bonus apply to the digital versions of both games, or just the physical copies?

Ephemeris

Does this pre-order bonus apply to the digital versions of both games, or just the physical copies?

Pre-Order Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes now for PlayStation®3 through the PlayStation®Store and get Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition for FREE!

SJRB

Gold Member
Ilúvatar;103375070 said:
Presumably because Peace Walker HD is not on PS4

Obviously, so give me a PS3 code. It's not like my PS4 made my PS3 self-destruct or anything.

Jeez Konami, what are you people doing.

Yawnier

Banned
The HD port of Peace Walker is pretty good considering it was originally developed for the PSP although I wasn't the biggest fan of the core game and it's mechanics itself. This is a good deal.

Obviously, so give me a PS3 code. It's not like my PS4 made my PS3 self-destruct or anything.

Jeez Konami, what are you people doing.

There's no way to assume that a PS4 owner has a PS3 as well. That'd be a lot of either wasted or sold codes, ya?

At first I thought this was great and was going to rectify that problem where the PS4 digital and retail versions are the same price. Then I realized it was for the PS3 digital version only which is the cheapest version and now they're getting a free game with it as well if they pre-order lol.

The HD port of Peace Walker is pretty good considering it was originally developed for the PSP although I wasn't the biggest fan of the core game and it's mechanics itself. This is a good deal.
the core mechanics for GZ are said to be more akin to peacewalker than say mgs3 or mgs4. prepared to not be a fan once more

-I loved peacewalker

Cassen

Neo Member

I've never pre-ordered a video game before so I'm unsure if it's possible to pre-order a digital and/or physical copy through their store. Is it for both?

DieH@rd

Banned
PS3 is the most important SKU for Konami, so they are giving it best deals. 14x larger install base than PS4.

There's no way to assume that a PS4 owner has a PS3 as well. That'd be a lot of either wasted or sold codes, ya?

What codes ? This promotion is for digital pre-orders. You can't sell it since it's locked to your profile.

And this is why it makes no sense if it's only for ps3 versions !

Luigi87

If only they offered an upgrade plan like some PS4 launch games did.
Buy on PS3, get free Peace Walker, pay additional $10 for PS4 upgrade of GZ.

RedSwirl

Finally following Steam's trend of incentivizing digital pre-orders with free legacy games. I hope other companies start doing this. They'd be able to do this on PS4 if it had backwards compatibility.

1359732128868379938.GIF

If PW is not available on PS4 then let me pre-order on PS4 and give me the game for PS3.

There's no way for them to 100% verify you own a PS3.

Roto13

I hope North America gets this.

I already have the retail version of Peace Walker HD but I'd like to have the digital version.

What codes ? This promotion is for digital pre-orders. You can't sell it since it's locked to your profile.

And this is why it makes no sense if it's only for ps3 versions !

... Are you sure about that one? Because most pre-order bonuses are done via PSN codes. Even Store bonus offers (10$ Back on 50$ Spent) are done via PSN codes. Why would they account lock it here?

Either way, if a PS4 person bought this, they would have literally no use for it unless they had a PS3. It's a bad thing to ask for. Ask for a price drop instead.

DieH@rd

Banned
Yep. No interest in sub-720p/sub-30fps.

Konami are dumbasses

Your interest is irrelevant. Konami is well aware that if you go to biggest stores in Switzerland right now to buy PS4, they will take your preorder and say to you to expect console to arrive in late May/early June [in EU shipments are so small and thirst is so real T_T].

PS3 version of the game will sell much more than PS4 version.

Tucah

you speak so well
If this comes to NA too, I'm in. I always meant to get PWHD but never got around to it and $20 for both is a good enough deal for me.

Top Bottom