• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Alpha Test Invites Going Out [Psyduck And Conquest At GamesCom]

I just received an e-mail to be a Battlefield 3 Alpha tester. Any one else get this and know how wide it is going out? I'm stuck at work and can't download it yet. :/

JackEtc

reggieandTFE said:
I just received an e-mail to be a Battlefield 3 Alpha tester. Any one else get this and know how wide it is going out? I'm stuck at work and can't download it yet. :/
You lucky son of a bitch...

https://bf3alpha.battlefield.com/login/index.php

Stuff happening.

https://bf3alpha.battlefield.com/includes/inc_help_en.php?iframe=true&width=640&height=420

FAQ here, seems to be invite only.

jhawk6

reggieandTFE said:

I just got an invite too.

RECOMMENDED WINDOWS PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Installed: Origin
CPU: Quadcore @ 2.0 GHz or faster
RAM: 4GB or more
Hard Drive: 7.25 GB free disk space
Video: 256 MB or greater
DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card with latest drivers (AMD 11.5 or later, nVidia 275.33 or later)
Sound: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card
Internet: broadband connection

Seems like players will be asked to do surveys, ala SWTOR beta.

spicy cho

I wonder how players are being invited. Am I seriously kicking myself right now for not having made a stupid origin account yet?

spicy cho said:
I wonder how players are being invited. Am I seriously kicking myself right now for not having made a stupid origin account yet?

By email, looks like Battlefield Veterans are coming first.

jhawk6

spicy cho said:
I did not have an origin account set up and I still received an invite so that seems to not be a factor.

Also, my veteran status is only a 2 so it doesn't need to be very high to qualify either.

HotHamWater said:
By email, looks like Battlefield Veterans are coming first.
Aint that swell, I was a day 1 supporter of battlefield 1942 and the expansions, but was having tons of account problems with their shitty EADM shit when I first tried to use it for crysis so I never registered my battlefield key.

edit: smh, can't even register my retail launch copy on eadm or origin or whatever it's called nowadays.
Worthless pos service.

Veteran is all BF games afaik, and you should be able to add other EA accounts to your main one, it's covered in the FAQ.

Origin accounts don't matter. All EA accounts will be Origin accounts eventually, anyway.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I assume this is PC only? I just have a Macbook so I'll give my code away if I get in and it's not on PS3. I have Veteran status, gun club, etc so I think I have a shot.

spicy cho said:

I think your origin account is just your EA account?

at least mine was.

Stitch said:
Fuuuu give me a code EA. I've bought your shitty Medal Of Honor game goddamnit

Yeah, same here.

Sure, we have BETA access, but of course you'd never give your paying customers earlier access into the ALPHA. ty EA

YoungFa

Kyaw said:
Is there a NDA covering this Alpha test too?

If there isn't, that would be nice.
I'd like to know that too. Anyone who has acces to the FAQ, is there something mentionend about a NDA?

spicy cho said:

If you've ever had to register an EA game (most likely battlefield) then chances are you have an Origin account already. My EA account that I was forced to make for BF:BC2 automatically became my origin account.

Strife91

steadfast said:
Veteran status is number of eligible battlefield games minus one.

For example: you have registered BF1942, BF: Vietnam, and Battlefield 2. 3-1=veteran status 2.

Highest possible level right now is 8.

Eh. I only have 3. :(

Just got this:

Thank you for purchasing the Medal of Honor™ Limited Edition, which included access to the upcoming Battlefield 3 Beta! We are making great progress on Battlefield 3 and can't wait to share it with you. We will be rolling out the Beta during the month of September and you are still on our exclusive list to enter this Beta early.

We are currently running internal tests and a tech-focused closed Alpha Trial. We will be sure to notify you when the Battlefield 3 Beta is available to you. In the meantime, check out some of the latest Battlefield 3 videos and related news at the official site.

Regards,
The DICE team

I bought MoH at launch btw.

Kyaw

YoungFa said:
I'd like to know that too. Anyone who has acces to the FAQ, is there something mentionend about a NDA?

There's nothing about NDA in the FAQ, that's why i asked. ;)

Pete Rock

steadfast said:
I routinely see people over 10 and I know for a fact I saw a 15 last week. Pretty sure they get this high by downloading all the old demos + play4free + heroes titles.

YoungFa

Gully State said:
If you've ever had to register an EA game (most likely battlefield) then chances are you have an Origin account already. My EA account that I was forced to make for BF:BC2 automatically became my origin account.
Origin is just the old ea.com with a facelift and a new name. EA account = Origin Account.

woober

RoboPlato said:
I assume this is PC only? I just have a Macbook so I'll give my code away if I get in and it's not on PS3. I have Veteran status, gun club, etc so I think I have a shot.

If you do get it, I'd be interested in getting your code. Thanks!

Dug

Banned
steadfast said:
Veteran status is your number of eligible, registsred battlefield games minus one.

For example: you have registered BF1942, BF: Vietnam, and Battlefield 2. 3-1=veteran status 2.

edit: you can check all the status stuff here: http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/veteran
Ah, cool. Current veteran level is 4. Doubt I will get in, but you never know!

jhawk6

Dug said:
Ah, cool. Current veteran level is 4. Doubt I will get in, but you never know!
I doubt a high level helps your chances. As I said above my lvl is only 2 and I got an invite. Hope is alive lol

Dug

Banned
jhawk6 said:
I doubt a high level helps your chances. As I said above my lvl is only 2 and I got an invite. Hope is alive lol
Oh, interesting. Well I signed up for the BF3 newsletter and Gun Club, just in case.

Anyone else getting technical difficulties on the Veteran's website? All this prompted me to register my 1942, Vietnam, and 2142 keys (though the account on that last one might be tough).

Kyaw

spicy cho said:
This is so lame. I bought stupid MoH for absolutely no reason at all. I'm just glad it only cost me $15.

''The exact date for when Medal of Honor: Limited Edition players can join the Beta will be announced at a later date.''

dorkimoe

I just got this email

Thank you for purchasing the Medal of Honor Limited Edition, which included access to the upcoming Battlefield 3 Beta! We are making great progress on Battlefield 3 and can't wait to share it with you. We will be rolling out the Beta during the month of September and you are still on our exclusive list to enter this Beta early.

We are currently running internal tests and a tech-focused closed Alpha Trial. We will be sure to notify you when the Battlefield 3 Beta is available to you. In the meantime, check out some of the latest Battlefield 3 videos and related news at the official site.

got my hopes up :(

VariantX

yeah ive had issues trying to register 1943 and BC2 because of some issue preventing me from linking my XBL gamertag to my EA account. Was able to register BF Heroes just fine though.

Top Bottom