• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

V Jump June 2007

Dali

Wonder what the gameplay of Kono Subarishiki Sekai is like. This with DQ 9 might just force me back into the handheld world.

luffeN

one piece still looks nice.. theres even gear 3rd, pretty nice. they could really make it an unlimited adventure if updates via wiiconnect24 would work. im not sayin it doesnt work, but u get the idea.

and thx neo

Kreed

Those One Piece scans are awesome. Thanks for sharing neo.

Now if only the Wii Freeloader was released... :/

Bebpo

Banned
I'm very sad that the One Piece game will suck, because visually it looks really good and has lots of cool stuff in it for manga fans :(

Bebpo said:
I'm very sad that the One Piece game will suck, because visually it looks really good and has lots of cool stuff in it for manga fans :(

agreed...Im a huge one piece fan and the game captures the visula style so well...but all one piece side projects (movies, games etc) pretty much suck without exception

peace

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Ya know, the art for the guy in FFCCROF at the bottom of his page... his outfit and hair look A LOT like the guy in the CG video for FFCrystal Bearers for Wii.

I mean, its not the same guy, maybe, but they look awfully similiar...
especially the outfit. I think the Wii guy is blonde though.

TreIII

IaWW is looking better with each new scan that comes out. Dang it, guys! Finish it up, already! My DS is hungry for more 2D-tastic action-rpgs, and IaWW looks quite nice...

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I don't see it, outside of the green outfit they look different.

h-264_52834_wii0011.jpg.jpg

84471_ffrof_122_1070lo.jpg

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
TreIII said:
IaWW is looking better with each new scan that comes out. Dang it, guys! Finish it up, already! My DS is hungry for more 2D-tastic action-rpgs, and IaWW looks quite nice...

Yes! They need to finish up so I can play it. The music and everything else about it, seems quite awesome.

Mashing

One thing that I've always noticed about Japanese magazines is that they always show more screen shots than their American and European counterparts do. Is there some reason for this?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I dunno, they look very very similiar to me.
Hair, shape of face, especially the weird outfit.

I'm not saying they are the same person, my point just being that at least it looks like they have one overall art direction for both projects. Since the DS version is finished, perhaps the Wii version is farther along than one would think, becuase it seems at least in early stages the games were obviously planned together considering how old the Wii video is.

The DS version could be fairly indicitive of the Wii release.

Aeana

A minimap in DQS, huh? That's interesting, it looks like there are multiple ways to travel... though it seems to only show up in town.

Kreed

nelsonroyale said:
agreed...Im a huge one piece fan and the game captures the visula style so well...but all one piece side projects (movies, games etc) pretty much suck without exception

peace

The impressions of the game I've read when it was at E3 last year were all positive, so I think you and Bebpo may want to hold off on judging the game just yet.

Bebpo

Banned
Kreed said:
The impressions of the game I've read when it was at E3 last year were all positive, so I think you and Bebpo may want to hold off on judging the game just yet.

I'm judging the game by it getting a 28/40 in Famitsu which is only given to bad games 95% of the time (exception being God Hand and Chaos Legion).

But I'm still getting it next week so it would be nice if I'm pleasantly surprised.

jvalioli

Bebpo said:
But I'm still getting it next week so it would be nice if I'm pleasantly surprised.
Can't wait for your impressions. It looks pretty good but anime games don't usually turn out well. Hopefully when it comes out in the US it will have good voice actors and be properly localized. 4kids just upsets me so much.

Bebpo

Banned
jvalioli said:
Can't wait for your impressions. It looks pretty good but anime games don't usually turn out well. Hopefully when it comes out in the US it will have good voice actors and be properly localized. 4kids just upsets me so much.

Yeah, I mean I really like One Piece and I'm very happy with the amount of character, both recent and classics, plus the up to date moves being packed into this.

But yeah, most anime games have problems >_< The only anime/manga games (not counting Gundam or SRW or general mecha crossovers like ACE) I've really enjoyed were the Berserk DC & PS2 games, the GC Naruto fighting game series, and somewhat to a lesser degree the Samurai Champloo game.

Bebpo said:
Yeah, I mean I really like One Piece and I'm very happy with the amount of character, both recent and classics, plus the up to date moves being packed into this.

But yeah, most anime games have problems >_< The only anime/manga games (not counting Gundam or SRW or general mecha crossovers like ACE) I've really enjoyed were the Berserk DC & PS2 games, the GC Naruto fighting game series, and somewhat to a lesser degree the Samurai Champloo game.

i really hope One Piece turns out well,.. but i agree that most of the anime-based games use to end-up very mediocre..

anyway, i think you forgot Bleach DS (2nd too) as one of the best anime-based games out, a Treasure masterpiece imho

c ya

jvalioli said:
4Kids lost the license a couple of months ago. Funimation has it now.

Jammy

Banned
I want Dragon Quest Swords and FFT:A2 so much. One Piece: Unlimited Adventure looks pretty good and I know nothing about the anime/manga.

jvalioli

Bebpo said:

I know the Naruto series and Bleach have some really good fighting games out, but I'm not into fighters so it's hard to find any other good anime games out there.

ShockingAlberto said:
4Kids lost the license a couple of months ago. Funimation has it now.
That's what I was referring to when I said "proper localization" and "good voice actors"(please Funimation). Though, I'm not sure how earlier One Piece games were handled in the US (blood, language, and move and character names were similar to the 4kids anime, I'm guessing).

jvalioli said:
That's what I was referring to when I said "proper localization" and "good voice actors"(please Funimation). Though, I'm not sure how earlier One Piece games were handled in the US (blood, language, and move and character names were similar to the 4kids anime, I'm guessing).
Oh man, 4Kids did a number on the One Piece games.

Entire characters and levels were removed.

ivysaur12

Banned
So I'm guessing the new character in RoF is a Selkie? So that means in your party, you'll have a Lilty, a Clavat, a Selkie, and a Yuke. Nice. And I bet you have to choose between Yuri or Cherinka.

But damn, the game looks good. I want it so bad.

Sirusjr

Banned
DQ swords is going to be so awesome!! Nintendo DQ love is awesome!

I just hope that Crystal Chronicles Rings of Fate will be more friendly for the single player grinders. The artifacts were set up in such a way as it was focused on not getting too far ahead of other players. It was ok for multiplayer but for single player mode you need a better stat raising system.

Top Bottom