View Single Post
Pellham
Banned
(12-11-2006, 08:53 PM)

Originally Posted by jacktion

EGM is still living in the past. These scores are pretty much what I would expect from a hardcore narrow-minded game "journalist". They hate the new nintendo direction and they will punish them accordingly! They love fps's. Even mediocre ones like Resistance. They love Zelda. But they hate new ideas like Wii Sports. Even though it is the best game that I have played this year. Countless people are totally in love with Wii Sports and it is a new paradigm in gaming. EGM can't understand that and it reveals their immature mindset.

I don't think you can assume that based on scores alone, you need to read the actual review text (which won't be posted here).

Average scores for Wii Sports may simply be due to the fact that although the game is a brilliant tech demo, it is rather short lived in terms of content. There is only so many times you can play the games. All of the major publications are likely reserving their high scores for games that provide a lot more content/longevity. Giving a 9 to a game that just provides some innovation and nothing else is a bit silly.