• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any word on changing the Spiderman font?

ant1532

Banned
I haven't heard anything on the subject lately, but has there been any word that the Spiderman font used for the Playstation 3 logo will change? Seriously wtf...
sony-breaks-the-silence-on-playstation-3-20060509020608220-000.jpg

First the Spiderman dvd(which I like) and then this...

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
The final Playstation logo will use the Wingdings font.

Liquid

Banned
please. sony thinks the success of spiderman will rub off on their CE products. hence the pack in with psp and this stupid font on the console. they arent changing it.

tedtropy

Mmmkay said:
URNOTE 4 CHANG3

I feel so dirty for typing that.

URNotE was my handle for awhile in my darker days. Everyone just assumed it was an abbreviation for "you are naughty".

teiresias

Someone with photoshop skills make a PS3 with the 'PS3' in the same font as the lettering on the side of the PS2, please.

tedtropy

Can someone post a picture of the original font already clone-brushed out. I'd like to mess around with it but am to lazy to bother with the first step. :D

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
honestly i want a logo on there. f*ck spelling out "playstation 3." a badass logo has so much more gravity than spelling that shit out. meh. mmmmeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

Liquid

Banned
forget the font. i think its odd that sony is trying to pass this off as a do everything mega device and are still calling it a playstation.

teiresias

Liquid said:
forget the font. i think its odd that sony is trying to pass this off as a do everything mega device and are still calling it a playstation.

Xbox360 is neither a box, an X, nor a circle, so what is your point exactly.

Jim

Ehh... can't say I like it. It doesn't look quite right with the console's lines.

ps3_fonts.jpg

Made a quick blank, here, if anyone wants it.

Jim said:
Ehh... can't say I like it. It doesn't look right with the console's lines.

ps3_fonts.jpg

Yep doesn't look anywhere near as good as the Spidey font.

The change in font is most likely a rebranding/repositioning exercise that almost every product/brand goes through at some point.

Playstation, according to KK, is now more than just a games console so a good time to change the branding to reflect that and distance it from its previous incarnations.

ant1532

Banned
monkeymagic said:
Yep doesn't look anywhere near as good as the Spidey font.

The change in font is most likely a rebranding/repositioning exercise that almost every product/brand goes through at some point.

Playstation, according to KK, is now more than just a games console so a good time to change the branding to reflect that and distance it from its previous incarnations.
Probably look better a little smaller

Liquid

Banned
Ceb said:
Do you snicker a little to yourself when you have music "playing" in the background?

its not a matter of music or sports or whatever. its the device grouping of where the word is being used. Sony keeps saying its a computer, its Blu Ray, its gaming, its beyond HD beyond just a games console. Playstation denotes GAMES. GAMEcube denoted GAMES xBOX was a BOX that sat in your livingroom to play GAMES. Since day one sony has been pushing this to be something thats more than games and now the pricetag just amplifies that. The name just doesnt fit anymore IMO. brand recogition or not.

Kabouter

Meh, I'm thinking smooth black surface.
And a small "PS3" logo (PS2 style) on the side there, so right of the chrome strip.
That'd look a tad better maybe.

Top Bottom