• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

They really need to add an option to button mash through the screens that aren't actually loading anything and are mostly there for fluff. That should be relatively easy to add and would help with loading times a ton.

Do you WANT to get left behind?

and props to New002 for the amazing thread title.
Seriously, Injustice 2's netcode is making me shiver, it looks so good. So excited.

I remember in like the first week of SFV when FourWude said he had a great connection playing with Tokido in Japan..

everything has been spiraling downwards since

Reizo Ryuu

Long distance connections are highly influenced by how you are routed.
Marvel 3 with its trash netcode, still gave me pretty good matches with a friend of mine, even though there was an ocean between us.

Pompadour

Long distance connections are highly influenced by how you are routed.
Marvel 3 with its trash netcode, still gave me pretty good matches with a friend of mine, even though there was an ocean between us.

There needs to be an easier way to open all the ports required by the PS4 + whatever fighting game you're playing because that would alleviate a lot of issues. Of course, you would have to know port forwarding is an issue to begin with which most players don't as the majority of online games have you connecting to a server that other players are already connected to as opposed to directly connecting to each other. As P2P connections are ideal for 1v1 games like fighters then it's much more important to remove any blockade preventing you from connecting with players.

SFV implemented a server system for players that can't find P2P matches but server matches are typically garbage.

Capcom engineers should study under the NRS team so they can fix their load times, lol

I2 is still in a pre-release stage and loads like 10X faster.

New002

Was paying casual matches yesterday, doing well...Figured I'd hit up ranked to see if I could break into gold since I was only 100 something points away. Proceeded to go on an epic losing streak getting knocked out of Ultra Silver. Not my best moment lol. I was getting flustered and doing stupid shit, making errors, and it kept snowballing. I should have called it quits before I did but you know how it is...Just one more game I'll make my points back >_>

Was paying casual matches yesterday, doing well...Figured I'd hit up ranked to see if I could break into gold since I was only 100 something points away. Proceeded to go on an epic losing streak getting knocked out of Ultra Silver. Not my best moment lol. I was getting flustered and doing stupid shit, making errors, and it kept snowballing. I should have called it quits before I did but you know how it is...Just one more game I'll make my points back >_>

story of my life, lol

tho I don't think I've ever been that close to gold

maybe I should pick a new character.

Laura not top tier enough, kappa

Neoxon

Capcom engineers should study under the NRS team so they can fix their load times, lol

I2 is still in a pre-release stage and loads like 10X faster.
I2 uses a modified version of UE3, whereas SFV uses UE4. While similar, there may be some differences for optimizing UE4.

Need to play the long game. Get gud with a low-tier and wait until season 3 then BAM! buffs galore and you go on to body any and everyone.

Edit: Didnt know they were still using that heavily modified version of Unreal 3.

HardRojo

Hopefully that blog post that corrected the original changelog isn't 1 of the 6 times they'll communicate throughout the year.

I'm curious to see load times on Tekken 7 on PS4 considering that is UE4 as well and see if that has similar loading issues or not, because as it stands it has better looking graphics than SFV, though SFV is more stylized. Xrd also runs on UE3 and the load times are pretty great on that compared to SFV.

Ucchedavāda;229350404 said:
Haha, that does put that promise in perspective.
For comparison, this was what we were promised last year:

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/737720297491570688

I recommend actually read ALL of Haunts posts, not just the ones cherry picked by EH:
https://www.reddit.com/user/hauntsxl

The only reason the communication dropped off toward the end of the year is because CPT finals was taking all his time. As you can imagine, CPT planning is probably a pretty big time sink, especially with players randomly dropping out at the last second.

Now, it sounds like he (or the social media people) will be back again:
"We'll be working on having more activity on our media accounts this year too." - Haunts
And you have to admit, before Capcom Cup period stared up, he actually WAS pretty darn active on reddit...responding to peoples comments and whatnot.
So communication actually was good for a while there.

So, I know EH article made it sound like Capcom would only "bless us with their divine presence" six times today this year, that's not what Haunts said at all.
Big info dumps every couple of months is pretty much par for the course, compared to otherr FG companies. Arc, Namco, and NRS have had long periods of time when they don't say anything...because there's nothing to say.

I'm curious to see load times on Tekken 7 on PS4 considering that is UE4 as well and see if that has similar loading issues or not, because as it stands it has better looking graphics than SFV, though SFV is more stylized. Xrd also runs on UE3 and the load times are pretty great on that compared to SFV.

Harada tweeted that they've got it from over a minute down to 15-18 seconds or so.

Hopefully they can further improve.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/823543398623629313

Harada tweeted that they've got it from over a minute down to 15-18 seconds or so.

Thanks! Already kinda sounds better than SFV. It'd be one thing if the UI was really flashy or cool, but it's pretty boring and sterile and having to stare at it for an extended period of time really starts to weigh on me after a while.

stn

So, uh... what is Mika's best tick throw normal? I don't know why but I feel like learning this character suddenly.

So, uh... what is Mika's best tick throw normal? I don't know why but I feel like learning this character suddenly.

sLK and sLP are both really good cuz they've got decent range and hitboxes, but if you can land a fully-charged HK you can go for a 50/50 mixup of grab (which nails them if they stay blocking) or target combo > Shooting Peach (if they jump or hit a button). Lady Mika's also a great tick throw button if used for Oki, cuz it puts you at the perfect range for EX Rainbow Typhoon if they stay blocking afterwards.

Tbf, SFV is about 18 - 20 seconds at Versus with online connected. No idea how it is without servers butting in, but I don't think it impacts the loading all that much. I hope both games can get it down to at least 10. That'd be the best.

Tbf, SFV is about 18 - 20 seconds at Versus with online connected. No idea how it is without servers butting in, but I don't think it impacts the loading all that much. I hope both games can get it down to at least 10. That'd be the best.

For sure, I guess al things considered 18-20 seconds isn't terrible, but once it crosses that 10-15 second time it just starts to feel waaaay too long.

The more I play the more i realize how poorly balanced s2 is.

If you press a button against Cammy you get frame trapped.

If you press a button against Cammy you get thrown

If you managed to tech Cammy, she will press buttons and shimmy.

Laura,Balrog, Urien i can at least deal with them if I guess right

I recommend actually read ALL of Haunts posts, not just the ones cherry picked by EH:
https://www.reddit.com/user/hauntsxl

[snipped for brevity]

I read all of Haunt's posts prior to writing that post, and I am not sure that I agree with your interpretation. Yes, Haunts and his colleagues may have been busy with CPT, but that does not excuse dropping the ball on communication with the player-base, most of whom do not themselves participate in the Pro Tour. In fact, if that is the explanation, then we can look forward to much the same thing this year, unless Capcom has taken steps to avoid that problem. And that is not something that Haunts mention them doing. Moreover, when you consider that Capcom still has to release an addition five characters this season, then the aforementioned info dumps (every other month) seems like the bare minimum that they would want to do just for advertising purposes. I certainly hope to be mistaken on that point, though.

And I think it is reasonable to demand more from Capcom, compared to other FG companies. It has been almost a year since release, and SFV and its infrastructure still suffers from numerous technical problems. Once the game has matured, then there will naturally be less need for frequent communications.

Moaradin

The more I play the more i realize how poorly balanced s2 is.

If you press a button against Cammy you get frame trapped.

If you press a button against Cammy you get thrown

If you managed to tech Cammy, she will press buttons and shimmy.

Laura,Balrog, Urien i can at least deal with them if I guess right

How is that any different than S1 Cammy? Don't press buttons during her block strings.

At least ex divekick isn't free pressure anymore.

I'm attempting to seriously learn Birdie right now but I'm struggling to decide on which button to keep held down for Bull Horn. MK seems ideal but by doing so I lose access to V-Skill which is kind of essential...

Neoxon

https://mobile.twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/823543398623629313
Unless Tekken 7 can improve the loading times even further, it may be more of a UE4 issue than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom