• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is PSN Down?

This is getting ridicolous. I warned about PSN when everybody was jumping on the PS4 bandwagon. Playing Halo Reach right now so it's good.

I know this is the Internet and all, and people say idiotic things all the time but... Wow. I'm always stunned anyway.

As for problems, I haven't had any today. Been playing Warframe without issue.

Alexalder

Banned
I know this is the Internet and all, and people say idiotic things all the time but... Wow. I'm always stunned anyway.

As for problems, I haven't had any today. Been playing Warframe without issue.
PSN being down something like 10 times in a month is fine for you? Live has been ok the whole time, worldwide launch day too.

zaphod79

It's these shit heads: https://twitter.com/DerpTrolling. They've been DDoSing major gaming login servers for the last few days.

Quoted for the new page - I got on and its working for me just now but it was slower to connect and its currently being 'attacked' in the same way many other online systems have been over the last few days , reading the twitter account they were only trying to take down Planetside 2 but have taken down a lot of Sony stuff including PSN / the forums / DCU 'by accident'

Nags

Banned
Point is i bought a ps4 day one and it is not working, i though this was the thread. Live is direct comparison.

So instead of joining another thread for Sony bashing, you decide to come to this one?
For what reason? You have nothing to contribute. Just shit in your mouth.

Alexalder

Banned
So instead of joining another thread for Sony bashing, you decide to come to this one?
For what reason? You have nothing to contribute. Just shit in your mouth.
How can we contribute to PSN not being down? I'm just angry because PSN is up one day and down the next one

level44

Point is i bought a ps4 day one and it is not working, i though this was the thread. Live is direct comparison.

The vast majority of people in here own a Playstation product. We couldn't give a rats ass about any other online service. You are not adding to the conversation. Stop whining.

Pain

Banned
How can we contribute to PSN not being down? I'm just angry because PSN is up one day and down the next one
That's just not true. I've been on PSN DAILY ever since the first Monday after launch. There was some downtime and some errors but it was never that big of a problem. I managed to get online.

http://bf4stats.com/
This is a good way to tell if PSN is REALLY down. If the PS4 number seems unusually low, there are widespread PSN issues. There haven't been ever since Christmas/Xmas Eve, at least not for me.

Caayn

The vast majority of people in here own a Playstation product. We couldn't give a rats ass about any other online service. You are not adding to the conversation. Stop whining.
Not to start defending him. But if your direct competitor has a much better uptime. Then that sure is relevant, maybe not directly but indirectly it is, to the topic. You can't just dismiss it that easily.

Edit: PSN is back up here (NL)

This is getting ridicolous. I warned about PSN when everybody was jumping on the PS4 bandwagon. Playing Halo Reach right now so it's good.

I realize this guy is kind of trolling but PSN stability was my biggest worry switching over to PS4 as my main console and this thread isn't helping.

GoaThief

Can't make a new thread and this is the most related recent topic, I guess...

Had something odd happen after the downtime, namely COD Ghosts was deleted from my console. Went to have a quick game earlier and couldn't find it anywhere on the home screen. Checked my library on the store and it's there just not downloaded. So I'm having to spend five hours or so redownloading multiplayer, nobody has touched the console and it was certainly on there yesterday during the down time.

Anyone else here experience similar during or after the outage?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I recently changed my billing information to reflect my new debit card, and PSN is telling me its not a valid card number. I'm not sure if its the network acting up or what, but Sony doesn't seem to want my money.

Dragon

Banned
I recently changed my billing information to reflect my new debit card, and PSN is telling me its not a valid card number. I'm not sure if its the network acting up or what, but Sony doesn't seem to want my money.

Yeah I got the same issue months ago. So now I just buy PSN cards through Amazon and that way I don't have to worry about attaching my credit card to PSN.

Aliand

Banned

Could be related to the country of your PSN ID and country of card.
My account is French but as I live in Luxembourg I can't associate my Luxembourgish card to the French account.

Vitor711

Scheduled maintenance.

Edit: It seems like it's running over a bit. Not a huge deal I guess.

Please tell me you're not the first person to have mentioned this.... It was on a lot of gaming sites yesterday.

Admittedly, Sony could do a better job of letting you know when stuff is down for maintenance as opposed to just broken but still, no idea why this has turned into a Live Vs PSN debate, especially when things like online play and Netflix etc. are still working.

kriskrosbbk

Please tell me you're not the first person to have mentioned this.... It was on a lot of gaming sites yesterday.

Admittedly, Sony could do a better job of letting you know when stuff is down for maintenance as opposed to just broken but still, no idea why this has turned into a Live Vs PSN debate, especially when things like online play and Netflix etc. are still working.

Twitter and Facebook are more than enough.

Metalmarc

Can't make a new thread and this is the most related recent topic, I guess...

Had something odd happen after the downtime, namely COD Ghosts was deleted from my console. Went to have a quick game earlier and couldn't find it anywhere on the home screen. Checked my library on the store and it's there just not downloaded. So I'm having to spend five hours or so redownloading multiplayer, nobody has touched the console and it was certainly on there yesterday during the down time.

Anyone else here experience similar during or after the outage?

Wasnt that meant to be a feature of the PS4? Im sure i read somewhere that it would pick out stuff you havent touched in a while and delete it for you, so youd have space for something new? I could be imaginging things but im sure this was meant to be a feature.

Question is if its true how do you turn it on or off?

Edit im talking about this
"Today, however, the PlayStation 4′s lead architect Mark Cerny has provided some clarity on just how the mandatory game installations on Sony’s next-gen machine will work. The crux of the matter here is that all games will install considerable chunks of data to your HDD, and no, it won’t be automatically deleted."

"Cerny also said that despite earlier internal discussions to the contrary, all installed game data will stay on the hard drive until the user chooses to delete it, as is the case with current-gen machines. Microsoft’s Xbox One will, unsurprisingly, also require installation from Blu-ray, although the use of game-caching or pre-loading as Sony have mentioned is currently unknown. Regardless, It seems we’re going to be swapping out our 500GB stock hard-drives sooner than first thought."

Looks like they may have implemented it after all, and people assume its a bug, or it genuinely is a bug, or part of the code to do that was left in the OS.

Red Mage

Wasnt that meant to be a feature of the PS4? Im sure i read somewhere that it would pick out stuff you havent touched in a while and delete it for you, so youd have space for something new? I could be imaginging things but im sure this was meant to be a feature.

Question is if its true how do you turn it on or off?

Pretty sure that's the XBOne.

Matriox

So atm a friend of mine is having issue playing any online game and giving him errors that he needs ps+. I also noticed cod ghosts went down by 10k players over a 15 min span, is anyone else having psn issues? Mine doesn't seem to be having problems

UFRA

So atm a friend of mine is having issue playing any online game and giving him errors that he needs ps+. I also noticed cod ghosts went down by 10k players over a 15 min span, is anyone else having psn issues? Mine doesn't seem to be having problems

I just turned on my PS4 and immediately got logged out of PSN.

I then tried to log back in, and an error popped up that said "client_error" written just like that.

Then login was successful, and I tried to open up the PS Store, and I got "server_error" and got logged out of PSN again.

Something is definitely messed up right now.

Jigolo

I just turned on my PS4 and immediately got logged out of PSN.

I then tried to log back in, and an error popped up that said "client_error" written just like that.

Then login was successful, and I tried to open up the PS Store, and I got "server_error" and got logged out of PSN again.

Something is definitely messed up right now.

same here

TheMan

lol, trying to sign onto psn for the first time ever with my new ps4. I was able to successfully register a new account, but i haven't been able to log in with this account for 45 mins or so. bummer.

Top Bottom