• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2017 Edition

Kyne

Introduction

Welcome to the annual NeoGAF Show us your Gaming Setup thread. It’s that time of year again where we gather our new TVs/consoles/tech toys and start tidying up those rooms.

Here you post pictures of your gaming setup, from the large collections to the small collections, from the big family rooms to the small room setups, doesn't matter what, show us what you got! After you've posted, make sure to give feedback to other's setup so we can collectively get cooler and better setups.

The focus of this thread isn't to flaunt your wealth, but to combine ideas and criticism so that we can all bathe in our personal feng shui.

Remember that everyone has different tastes so please be respectful and don't needlessly rag on people for messy setups!

2016’s Most Popular Setups

Goldenpp72
whIIzzP7FPab-_HCbTQ6q3UI1QpYr3eAacJwsp2xukqJE9LuKPCfSVFk6PSl8FpVH-M4m6FM6s0GOEqc3Bvt11XxBDQrhcpT2CiWcOZ7_tdfzh9STbiLULsS6IB6RzazbfWZJmkrNPFtvDk0HpVDaPyByEpKbhCi9oCIYV3V0Np3UBnvZ9mHe1vFTiqWIhcV532-8JO9LJmaj7N0z8jxZvGc56pigfeqopcYNIryyLZikAcuR4OWfCPL5ozYo3aLiUenqSRiRZGYSylPXU2WnBbOPz3SF8b712GxF8fCiPIH5HwBr79ZBzPfYR1XJb86-7Px80_E2gX5mDJV8mBjv8eIgggw2wZ8npg1OLZzcpjR-W7rLAq5PQLXXccr4JrhbiPztXHlmWlSeAG_Z2S6woyKgUXwDIewoJwsrp0ZaH2N-9cTo_72XpBMm5rYFlarp5VnMSCsOZkoqrJZ5qX0VVganD7QL8av7axGUY3IzWNqIIB3fR6u1nSuj4xZKUvhFbVMUCgpZd7Y06CpwWyLm5XQjQwKea05ukQJTcdlZpEDHP_VvS0N_6GPE52fkmcLSnTa=w822-h463-no
Bruzur
Chittagong
Flizzzipper
SinSilla
SMgamer83
Uni on Everything!
xabi
dw.og
eXistor
Bamihap
cRIPticon
sp3ctr3
Psycho Echidna
Adobe
Yes Boss!
Skel1ingt0n
Galdius
Tactica
Just_Tank
Resseh
Mattlikewhoa
ThereIs0nly0ne
Strafebogey
Kyne
CaseyTappy
Zero148

Previous Editions

2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016

I'm still out for the holidays but I'll be sure to post some new pictures of my own setup once I get home.

On a personal note, the previous threads inspired me to be a little bit more organized and stylish when it came to setting up my own feng shui. I'm certain that it also pushed me to finally get my very own place. Hopefully this thread is as useful to you as it was me!

Elitist1945

Moved my bed and TV unit around because my heating vent was blocked and my room was getting quite cold. It looks much more messy/crowded now because of the TV unit creating two parts of the room, but it feels more cozy and I kinda like it.

inner-G

Banned
PC Setup:
Nerd specs: Corsair 100R case, i5 6600K/16GB/ASUS ROG STRIX 1080, Corsair K65RGB keyboard, RGB Scimitar Mouse and RGB Void wired headset, DELL S2716DG 27" 144hz/G-sync, BOSE Companion 2 series III speakers

Living Room:
PS4 Slim, 65" Samsung KU6290 4K/semi-HDR

Retro Room:
Sharp AQUOS 1080p LED TV for PS3/360, 27" Sony Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS120 for SNES/Wii VC/Not Pictured Retro Systems

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I swear, this is finally going to be the year I actually post mine. I'm pretty close with my PC gaming setup that I can at least show that one off fairly soon. The other stuff... not so much. Haven't posted a real update since 2009.

Speevy

Banned
I skimmed past the OP for about 10 seconds before realizing these weren't all his.

I was thinking damn this dude must be the richest person on the planet.

I haven't taken proper pictures of my setup, but here's a teaser based on my cable management with how it all is hooked up...

This just a view from the other side as well as a close up of the other power strip in my setup.

Here is what it looks like behind my receiver which really is the central nervous system of the whole setup. That so far is the neatest I can make it, and I'm still trying to find ways to improve it. The white cables are all the speaker cables and then other zoomed in shot going to the right side of my receiver is the HDMI, and cables running to the PS4 and Xbox One. Now the cables on the left side of those zoomed in pics coming from the PS4 may look messy and chaotic, but look at the next two pics...

As you can see all the cables coming off the PS4 are virtually invisible when looking at it. Not a single cable drops down to be in view above the Xbox One.

Finally, for good measure, here's where my network switch rests underneath the stand as well as my PSVR Processor Unit. Every device is wired and I don't use Wi-Fi unless a device doesn't have an Ethernet port.

Hopefully I'll have proper pics of the rest of it soon.

Thanks for the mention in the op :) There are some much better pictures of the setup now though!

Main gaming desk area:

Lounge (I've had some of this kit for many years and it's still excellent - no inclined to upgrade at all tbh. DVD player is used as a CD transport as it's better than the other Meridian dediaterd transport I have):

Updated the racing rig on boxing day to integrate a second Oculus sensor which was part of the Oculus Touch set I received from my wife for Christmas:

Galdius

I love this thread.
eXistor's setup is one of my favorites.
Since my setup is in the OP I will post it again later in 2017, maybe around September.
I have some ideas for it already (like taking out some doors between the consoles and filling that space with Vita games and others) but I'm also waiting for the Switch to release so that I can take the WiiU games to the room.

Dereck

I haven't taken proper pictures of my setup, but here's a teaser based on my cable management with how it all is hooked up...

This just a view from the other side as well as a close up of the other power strip in my setup.

Here is what it looks like behind my receiver which really is the central nervous system of the whole setup. That so far is the neatest I can make it, and I'm still trying to find ways to improve it. The white cables are all the speaker cables and then other zoomed in shot going to the right side of my receiver is the HDMI, and cables running to the PS4 and Xbox One. Now the cables on the left side of those zoomed in pics coming from the PS4 may look messy and chaotic, but look at the next two pics...

As you can see all the cables coming off the PS4 are virtually invisible when looking at it. Not a single cable drops down to be in view above the Xbox One.

Finally, for good measure, here's where my network switch rests underneath the stand as well as my PSVR Processor Unit. Every device is wired and I don't use Wi-Fi unless a device doesn't have an Ethernet port.

This is fucking beautiful.

Reserved, will update tomorrow

2x PCs (GTX 1080 and 1060) on 2x S2716DG monitors. Consoles on 65" KS8000 but only PS4 is currently hooked up. Wii U and X1 are boxed away.

Same setup as last year.

Waiting on 4K TV sets to take a price drop then I will upgrade to a 4K TV.

Samsung UE55H6200
Panasonic HTE SC180 soundbar
PS4
PS3
Xbox One
Xbox 360
Sky plus
5 into 1 HDMI switch

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d8u1nif.jpg

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d8u1nrc.jpg

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d8u1ojb.jpg

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d8u1orl.jpg

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d8u1o4o.jpg

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d8u1oa6.jpg

Brandson

Here is my new living room setup. Was waiting for the 2017 thread to post. We did a whole-home renovation in 2016. I don't much care for fireplaces, but my wife insisted on one. So it was up to me to design a unit that integrated one without ruining the tv experience. I don't care for having a tv above a fireplace, so this is what I came up with. Everything is custom made to my original drawings. I had soft leather handles made for the tops of the drawers, which all use heavy duty Blum hardware to be able to store some of my movie and game collection. There is also more storage built into the sides and rear of the sectional couch that we bought. The top of the cabinetry is Caesarstone, and the unit is constructed strong enough that several people can stand on it. The area above the drawers is wired for gigabit ethernet, as is the rest of the house. All speaker cables are 4 conductor wire and are routed through the walls. All audio interconnects are balanced XLR. The first pic was taken the day all the wall-mounting happened. I have since cleaned it up a bit (the rest of the pics).

Hardware list:
Sony XBR-65HX950
3x Paradigm Signature W5 v.2 (front and centre on-wall speakers)
2x Paradigm Signature ADP3 v.3 (rear on-wall speakers)
JL Audio F112 Subwoofer (on its own dedicated circuit)
Anthem AVM60 Pre/Pro
D-Sonic M3-2000-5 Amp
Nvidia Shield TV
PS4 Pro
WiiU
2x Furman AC-215A surge protectors (one for subwoofer, one for Anthem/D-Sonic)
Isobar Ultra surge protector (for everything else), hidden in a Bluelounge CableBox

bravoguy

Here is mine Gaming / Multi-Media Room Setup

It is still not finished completly

It is a average size room 12x15.

All 4 walls with Black Panther skin type black wallpaper applied.
Charcoal grey ceiling with black ceiling fan.
LED lights installed on all walls.
10x8 screen installed giving approx 150" projected image 1080p.
Benq 1075 Projector installed ceiling type.
Onkyo 3700 Sound system installed.
HDMI cable set under the carpet so virtually it is disappeared.
2 seater sofa set placed.

Above is all set to go just missing is a customized 8-9 feet wide 22" Cabinet to place under the screen to setup my gadgets in one place.

Door Tag

IMAG1113.jpg

IMAG1114.jpg

Screen Wall

IMAG1115.jpg

IMAG1123.jpg

IMAG1041.jpg

Side Wall (PC Trolly is now shifted in other room)

IMAG1040.jpg

IMAG1047.jpg

IMAG1118.jpg

Projector, Sofa & Other Equipments

IMAG1124.jpg

IMAG1117.jpg

IMAG1116.jpg

IMAG1119.jpg

A Multi-Coloured Disco Light

IMAG1049.jpg

Mr. Skull is also present will customize a small Black Stand as well for him :D

IMAG1111.jpg

IMAG1112.jpg

Now the Big Show (Check the small laptop in the bottom to imagine the screen size)

IMAG1099.jpg

IMAG1100.jpg

Some Game Collection offcourse :D

IMAG1122.jpg

IMAG1120.jpg

IMAG1121.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

Could you share which cable management solution you're using?

Bgamer90

Banned
That's a cool rug and it ties in really well with the painting

Thanks. I didn't get to see my place until about two weeks before I moved into it since the building wasn't open to the public yet. I based everything on the floor plan and seeing a sample of the hardwood floor. Was surprised by how everything tied in together after setting it all up.

And I know the question wasn't asked to me but for cable management I recommend...

*3M Command Cord Clips: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0084M6712/?tag=neogaf0e-20

*Joto Cable Sleeves:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015HWXG4M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Edit:

Marty has a thread on it :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1318850&page=2

Surprised he didn't pimp it. OP should add to his original post since they're kinda related. Clean setups seem to be the preference and learning how to manage cables is important for that.

That's a really good thread. Completely missed it.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Holy shit at all of these! I'm inspired big time. Was thinking of getting a new PC desk. I need something nicer. And wall decor...man I need to get on it.

odhiex

Happy New Year guys. I just moved to a new house, tiny but comfortable. These setup threads have always been my favorite. They gave me a lot of ideas for my setups.

eXistor

I love this thread.
eXistor's setup is one of my favorites.
Since my setup is in the OP I will post it again later in 2017, maybe around September.
I have some ideas for it already (like taking out some doors between the consoles and filling that space with Vita games and others) but I'm also waiting for the Switch to release so that I can take the WiiU games to the room.

Thanks man! Likewise, your wall never ceases to amaze :)

Oh and thanks to Kyne for the mention in the op! We have a great selection of rooms this year, though I kinda expected that Sega room to be in there, that one was pretty sweet.

Man, it's already been a full year since I posted my room. Nothing too much has changed for me, but I've still got a few tweaks I wanna make before I start a new photoshoot.

Top Bottom