• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good Guy EA: Lets give everyone The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection!

Alienous

They probably just couldn't figure out how to just give it to people who had Sims 2. It isn't on the Origin store anymore.

But whatevs, free stuff.

Might as well give away a game which sells very little any more in the hope of ensnaring a few new Origin accounts.

But free is free, so good on them.

Meowster

Desperate to redeem goodwill by giving away TS2 and massively discounting TS3. Good idea in practice but you could just stick with those two games lol. I even play TS1 from time to time.

2547774-002wilson8133__1_.jpg

Code redemption is down though

Wiseblade

I'm guessing the logic behind it is:

*Get people who otherwise wouldn't to download Origin
*Get people interested in The Sims again
* People get frustrated butting their heads against the game's limitations
*"There just happens to be a new Sims game that solves all your issues!"
*Sims 4 bewcomes the first Trillion seller.

Step 1 worked on me; the jury is out on the rest.

AdamMPSP

This is cool, except I can't get Origin to open on my mac without it crashing IMMEDIATELY. Reinstalled, rebooted, nothing helps. Blah.

Yeul

This is really good. The memories of how much money I spent on this series is rushing back to me and hurts my heart lol, but free is good because I don't even want to dig up those disks anymore. I used to have so many mods for this game it was ridiculous.

Free game? What the hell is going on there?

Not just a free game, a free game, more than half a dozen expansion packs and gazillions of smaller DLC packs.

It's ridiculous this is being given out for free, it's like hundreds of dollars worth of Sims 2 content, even on the cheapest I've ever seen the Sims 2 it was still like 100 dollars for everything this collection offers.

Will get on this. Keep up this sort of thing EA

Is it really ALL expansions though? That's kind of too good to be true. That's gotta be hundreds of dollars worth of content

Meowster

I wonder if they would ever consider doing something like this for The Sims 1 at this point? I know it is dated beyond belief and not a lot of people are interested in it but it got soooo much right and has a charm the others just don't have.

Bricky

That's nice! First that code to redeem about every game on Origin, then the whole 'on the house' promotion past months, now this! I'm actually starting to like this compa...

Good job, EA! Dungeon Keeper me if old.

Oh, yeah, well nevermind.

Seriously though, they are getting a bit more lovable. Not quite there yet, but at least they aren't the most shit company in the world anymore I guess.

Is it really ALL expansions though? That's kind of too good to be true. That's gotta be hundreds of dollars worth of content
All expansions, all stuff packs. I think it's every bit of retail Sims 2 content EA has ever made except the pre-order and collectors DLC. It is hundreds of dollars worth of content, even at 10 dollars a piece (the cheapest I've seen them) for the expansion and stuff packs, there's tons of them.

FrsDvl

The Sims 2 Base Game
The Sims 2 University
The Sims 2 Nightlife
The Sims 2 Open For Business
The Sims 2 Pets
The Sims 2 Seasons
The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
The Sims 2 FreeTime
The Sims 2 Apartment Life
The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff
The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff
The Sims 2 Holiday! Stuff
The Sims 2 Celebration Stuff
The Sims 2 H&M Fashion Stuff
The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff
The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff
The Sims 2 IKEA Stuff
The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff

I've been itching to play some Sims, this will do nicely!
Wow, weird to say this seriously but... thanks EA.

This post was awfully unsettling

Someone educate me on how Origin works. Do I need to keep origin installed and running after redeeming to play Sims 2? Or can I uninstall Origin and just run Sims 2 from its installation directory?

Yarbskoo

But I already got The Sims 2 for free
during that botched sale when I got lots of things for free.
It's nice to see they made it so other people can get it for free as well. Still not entirely sure what the reasons behind this are, unless it's just a marketing thing for The Sims 4.

This is great. They still haven't sent me an email to upgrade my Sims 2 double deluxe version.

Same here. Like someone else said, they probably couldn't figure out how to give just owners of The Sims 2 on Origin the Ultimate Collection, so to make it simpler, they're giving it to everyone.

Nokterian

Not just a free game, a free game, more than half a dozen expansion packs and gazillions of smaller DLC packs.

I always saw all those expansions and what not in the pc section in most shops here in the netherlands.

It's ridiculous this is being given out for free, it's like hundreds of dollars worth of Sims 2 content, even on the cheapest I've ever seen the Sims 2 it was still like 100 dollars for everything this collection offers.

The Sims 2 Base Game
The Sims 2 University
The Sims 2 Nightlife
The Sims 2 Open For Business
The Sims 2 Pets
The Sims 2 Seasons
The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
The Sims 2 FreeTime
The Sims 2 Apartment Life
The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff
The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff
The Sims 2 Holiday! Stuff
The Sims 2 Celebration Stuff
The Sims 2 H&M Fashion Stuff
The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff
The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff
The Sims 2 IKEA Stuff
The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff

giphy.gif

That is ridiculous how mutch money EA made of this goddamn...

ReBurn

Gold Member
I was about to buy Sims 3 just because I was jonesing for some Sims goodness. This will do nicely. Can't wait to get home!

zulux21

Just another way to get more people into the Origin ecosystem.

I more see this as a way to promote sims 4... either way, I have no problems if EA wants to continue to give out free games on origin... if they continue with this and the on the house promotions we may eventually see steam do something like that as well, which would mean even more free games, which is never a bad thing... unless you have to have a clean backlog.

Top Bottom